PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Dual Plasma Pistols

t3h m00kz
January 29th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Friend of mine who wishes to remain anonymous wants me to pass this along.

Pretty simple tags. Dual Plasma Pistols based on E3 2003 Halo 2 functionality, using only one trigger, not two, making for seamless animation transitions and overall less bugginess than what you get with the two trigger and script approaches.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6200/firing.gif
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/darknesssamurai/Halo%20CE/pp2.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?so4id4dmfn4r6k4

E:
fuck me meant to post this in releases

assassinchief107
January 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Nice, I love the animations.
But wait, I thought HIAHG didn't have the HEK because 'screw this game'?

Bobblehob
January 29th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, a few peoples where surprised because he hates the game so much... but yet he releases content for it...

t3h m00kz
January 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Well, it IS a pretty horrible gane.

Dwood
January 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Compared to today's standards.

DarkHalo003
January 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Compared to today's standards.
This. It really isn't bad and it's pretty easy to use with the proper tools and knowledge. The only frustrations are really scripting and exceptions, at least in my opinion.

t3h m00kz
January 30th, 2011, 01:17 AM
This. It really isn't bad and it's pretty easy to use with the proper tools and knowledge. The only frustrations are really scripting and exceptions, at least in my opinion.

Halo's easy to use but it's limited to just Halo stuff IE outdated mechanics and unnecessary limitations.

Nero
January 30th, 2011, 01:38 AM
You wouldn't happen to be that poster? Would you?

assassinchief107
January 30th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Comparing it to other Halo games. At first, when I only had CE, I was like "what an amazing game, and an excellent engine for it's time!". Once I got H2, I completely changed my mind.

Cortexian
January 30th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Funny since H2 is inferior to Halo CE in almost every way when it comes to gameplay and mapping/modding.

assassinchief107
January 30th, 2011, 05:07 AM
No, it's MUCH superior in gameplay. Dual wielding, boarding, fun to melee, fun vehicular warfare, etc.

annihilation
January 30th, 2011, 05:48 AM
No, it's MUCH superior in gameplay. Dual wielding, boarding, fun to melee, fun vehicular warfare, etc.

Don't forget the battle rifle or the battle rifle.

Cortexian
January 30th, 2011, 05:59 AM
The dual wield system is a gimmick, boarding I must agree is fairly cool, the melee is overpowered (all games with a lunge melee are stupid), and the vehicular controls, physics, and handling are horrible.

TVTyrant
January 30th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah but at least the stupid lunge melee works. Half the time when I meled (meleed?) back in CE it would lag out and not work.

assassinchief107
January 30th, 2011, 07:16 AM
The lunge melee imo is perfect. With it, I find meleeing fun, CE's is just.. too plain..
Boarding is epic, finally, there's a threat to careless players, basically, in CE, you would touched to death, by a Warthog camper.
And, the vehicle physics etc. are fine to me, unlike CE, I find the Warthog fun to drive..
We should stop the off-topicness now....

Higuy
January 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
The dual wield system is a gimmick, boarding I must agree is fairly cool, the melee is overpowered (all games with a lunge melee are stupid), and the vehicular controls, physics, and handling are horrible.
I have to disagree, I think Halo 2's gunplay was some of the best when it came to multiplayer, SP was pretty good as well.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
January 30th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'd say that SP was good, but multiplayer was good until someone got a longer range weapon than an SMG or a Pistol (preferably a BR)

Pooky
January 30th, 2011, 12:06 PM
(all games with a lunge melee are stupid)

This a thousand times.

, and the vehicular controls, physics, and handling are horrible.

I liked the vehicles vOv

Yeah but at least the stupid lunge melee works. Half the time when I meled (meleed?) back in CE it would lag out and not work.

That's because you don't know how to lead your melee attacks.

Rook
January 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Melee as you would shoot.

Dwood
January 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM

Most people don't know what leading is. Edit: Or rather, how/why they should be doing it.

n00b1n8R
January 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM
That's because you don't know how to lead your melee attacks.
So having it fixed so you don't need to compensate is bad?

TVTyrant
January 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Or I should get a better Internet connection. Way back when at my folks place I never had problems. Now though (living at a dorm) I have like a ping of 150 or so rather than consistently below 50. Makes me want to cry.

Pooky
January 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
So having it fixed so you don't need to compensate is bad?

This statement is wrong in so many ways.

So replacing a system that takes skill with one that aimbots for you is bad?

Yes, yes it is. Under the lunge system there's no skill differential between two melee users whatsoever. Then to add insult to injury, they went and made the melee damage stupidly overpowered.

If they wanted to 'fix' the melee system in Halo 2, all they needed to do was alter the netcode so you don't have to lead (you know, the way Halo Xbox was anyway).

Or I should get a better Internet connection. Way back when at my folks place I never had problems. Now though (living at a dorm) I have like a ping of 150 or so rather than consistently below 50. Makes me want to cry.

I've had no problem hitting people with melee attacks at pings from 30 to 300. If you actually know what you're doing, all having a high ping means is that many more front-sassinations on your part.

t3h m00kz
January 31st, 2011, 08:31 PM
The dual wield system is a gimmick

I must disagree. Plasma Rifle + SMG combo destroyed everything in h2 multiplayer.

Cortexian
January 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Uh, exactly.

t3h m00kz
February 1st, 2011, 04:19 AM
"Gimmick" and "overpowered" are not the same thing.

Cortexian
February 1st, 2011, 04:30 AM
They pretty much are when the overpowered weapons act as a gimmick to attract less skilled players.

TVTyrant
February 1st, 2011, 04:41 AM
I though it was useles in the MP, but could be a lot of fun in the SP.

t3h m00kz
February 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
They pretty much are when the overpowered weapons act as a gimmick to attract less skilled players.

Well yeah. More consumers, more profit. Basic company logic.

=sw=warlord
February 1st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Out of all the gimmicks in games dual wielding must be one of the more sane ones out the current crop.
I would take dual SMG's in a Halo game over a kill streak reward anyday.

Warsaw
February 1st, 2011, 11:46 PM
Out of all the gimmicks in games dual wielding must be one of the more sane ones out the current crop.
I would take dual SMG's in a Halo game over a kill streak reward anyday.

I rather enjoyed my dual SMG bullet hose, even more so in Halo 3. It just felt so right. I must disagree with the muzzle climb, though. Totally unnecessary.

Goldkilla
April 16th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Halo is a Horrible Gane is the anonymous user from what I saw form the Halomaps Thread.