PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video audio dispute...

Cortexian
February 1st, 2011, 02:49 AM
So the video I recently uploaded about Skylines remote console application had music from TRON: Legacy in it, fine I knew it would most likely get tagged as Copyrighted. When it was I immediately disputed with the standard complaint:

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

This gave me the audio back, as it's a valid reason for pretty much ALL YouTube videos (all YouTube videos allow criticism, comment, and are usually Non-profit. Mine was also educational in a way). I'd assume that this was fair use.

Today I check my video and the audio is disabled again...

"The Copyright holders have reviewed your video and verified that their claim is valid."
(or something similar, don't remember exactly and it doesn't show anymore)

Someone tell me what the fuck just happened.

Patrickssj6
February 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM
I never tried to do this. I just use black metal which never gets blocked :P

Kornman00
February 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Sounds like your dispute...did not compute :caruso:

Dwood
February 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Limits to 30 seconds or less per song by law I heard once.

=sw=warlord
February 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM
Limits to 30 seconds or less per song by law I heard once.

Depends where you reside.

Warsaw
February 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
It's the internet. In this case, it depends on where the servers reside. That said, I like how the entire soundtrack plus bonus tracks from both the movie and the accompanying game are still up on YouTube with no problem.

Siliconmaster
February 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Weird. I think it depends on if anyone is actually on the other end. Usually that just automatically resets the audio and it works again, and sticks it in the bin of "look at this later". Apparently the people behind that music are actually looking at the disputes.