PDA

View Full Version : Longboarding

Corndogman
February 2nd, 2011, 12:14 AM
For those of you who dont know what it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longboarding

I've been Longboarding for almost a year now, and I love it. Its incredibly fun and relaxing, and pretty much anyone can do it. Its kind of hard to explain the appeal, but if you ever try it you understand why people like it so much.

Anyways, I was wondering whether or not anyone here longboards, or has ever tried it? I doubt it given were a modding community and we never come out of our mothers basements, but I was curious. Also here is a great video that sort of shows what longboarding is all about:

9rXwBmGyMRo

Dwood
February 2nd, 2011, 12:35 AM
Tons of people out here in HI are into it... I'd have one too, but they cost money. Something I don't exactly have in plenty right now, heh.

Edit: And yeah, that video explains what it's all about: Just chillin on a board.

=sw=warlord
February 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
Personally if I were to ever do any kind of skating I would much rather try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKufdl2mbbE

Patrickssj6
February 2nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Yeah I know that video and love it^^

Have never used a Longboard though.

sleepy1212
February 2nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
my sister has one, it's like hippy-land-surfing. i've tried it and it's fun but it brings back bad memories of speed-wobbles from when i used to skate alldayerryday

Cortexian
February 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Could never get into any kind of skating myself, I just find biking much more fulfilling and satisfying. I don't like the limited nature of boarding I think, not being able to go wherever I want and being limited to smooth surfaces instead of just hoping on my bike and going wherever looks fun.

Also, bike polo:
EQAwX3RuTMo

Corndogman
February 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
my sister has one, it's like hippy-land-surfing. i've tried it and it's fun but it brings back bad memories of speed-wobbles from when i used to skate alldayerryday

Yeah pretty much, longboards were first made to simulate surfing on land, though its evolved since then. And yes, speed wobbles are my enemy. There are some pretty crazy videos of people getting speed wobbles at high speeds.