PDA

View Full Version : Before taking the plunge, I need to know what my limitations are at the moment

leorimolo
February 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
With h2x I always had great plans of things to make with scriptools until I found myself wanting to throw my entire computer out the window because of how much of POS the thing was. Now I have the h2ek.

I wanted to use outskirts as a base map, because of all the insane amount of tags it has. I know I can't inject or extract tags, so I was thinking of simply injecting the scripts into the map. I want to basically make a firefight mode.
Since we can play these maps online and have AI sync, I was thinking it would be something interesting to try out to rescript the level for incomming waves of ever increasing and harder AI.

so basically all I need to know, any chance of injecting the script chunk into the same SP map only that I would compile it under possibly a multiplayer map. I hope you get what I am trying to say. I have all the tags in SP I could ever need, I just need to mod the scripts.

Any ideas if its dooable?

Edit, I dont know if its a problem, but I remeber that a problem would arrise because of the script objects and other things that the scripts call directly from the tags, so when compiling shit under a different map would make it a pain to link all together. I havent touched a modding app in over 2 years so please take it easy on me.

leorimolo
February 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I talked to korn about it, seems like im at a standstill for now, but hes giving me something to get started with the project :)

ThePlague
February 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
If you do get everything working, you should tell how you did it. I've wanted to do something like this lately, but Custom Edition felt too old.

leorimolo
February 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
If you do get everything working, you should tell how you did it. I've wanted to do something like this lately, but Custom Edition felt too old.
My whole idea, is to grab outskirts as a compiled map, and just somehow try to make my own scripts for it. H2 is a better engine online, since it syncs wayy better than halo 1.

What I tested that sync'd. Teleporting, Bsp changing with scripts, AI spawning, AI (to some degree). My whole plan is really to make a campaign map into a firefight map, where when you reach certain rounds it would also change the playing area :)

Outskirts is pretty much perfect, since it has alot of different areas, bsps, and all the tags I could ever need for this.

Shock120
February 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
In the past and even now, Kornman00, would shout at you for saying AI syncs on Halo 2, it doesn't.
However, a half-ass job of synchronizing the biped and firing projectiles is as good as it gets.

You may not agree with this, but wouldn't it be better to create/remake all Halo 2 resources into other engines, like Cryengine or source engine, because they both have support for full campaign over Internet. :D
Well =sw=warlord is working on Halo content in crysis.

I wish you good luck.

Resinball
February 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
@Shock, I haven't seen anything new regarding that Halo Crysis port.

@leorimolo, I have been extracting Campaign maps and putting them into MP. There are various BSPs, tags, textures, weapons, custom weapons, effects, and overheard vehicle scenery at my teams disposal. I have the first BSP for Outskirts, Delta Halo (too large to light for now) and the section of Metropolis just where you emerge from the tunnels.

So if you have any luck with H2V scripting let me know.

assassinchief107
February 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I really enjoyed the short 'firefight' thing at the beginning of Outskirts, and it would be real cool to have an actual firefight. Good luck!

=sw=warlord
February 4th, 2011, 10:22 AM
@resin, The reason you haven't seen anything new to do with the mod is because I don't update on this site anymore.
Plus I've been getting various things done in the back ground, by no means is the mod dead it's just slow.

leorimolo
February 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM
In the past and even now, Kornman00, would shout at you for saying AI syncs on Halo 2, it doesn't.
However, a half-ass job of synchronizing the biped and firing projectiles is as good as it gets.

You may not agree with this, but wouldn't it be better to create/remake all Halo 2 resources into other engines, like Cryengine or source engine, because they both have support for full campaign over Internet. :D
Well =sw=warlord is working on Halo content in crysis.

I wish you good luck.
Its good enough. I played alot the SP to MP conversions that were made for h2x, and honestly, they were pretty fun.

KantIZBack
February 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I'm uploading a video of how to use gravemind to rip scripts i don't know if it will help you at all but it will give you example scripts.

EDIT:

video
mOGlcMG8zok

leorimolo
February 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm uploading a video of how to use gravemind to rip scripts i don't know if it will help you at all but it will give you example scripts.

EDIT:

video
mOGlcMG8zok
People don't realize ripping scripts was possible before h2v was released, its really nothing new/

KantIZBack
February 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM
People don't realize ripping scripts was possible before h2v was released, its really nothing new/

I know it was a h2x tools called Script Tools or something this is just how to do it in h2v cause not a lot of people know.