PDA

View Full Version : Parallax: Redux (Halo PC)

Tucker933
February 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
I initially began this project out of boredom, I always felt like the original Parallax could use an update as I felt is was a bit rushed since it was made for a contest and I've greatly improved upon my skill since the release. So I, with a bit of peer pressure (again) begun work on a new version; Parallax: Redux.
Parallax: Redux has had almost all of its weapons retooled and rebalanced for new effects and an improved style of gameplay. Very early on the gameplay clicked perfectly for this new version of Parallax, everything flowed flawlessly. The matches I had on this mod were the best I've had in any game in years. The thing I feel that originally made this mod so great is the new layout, it completely changes the perspective of gameplay.
I never fully understood the awesomeness I had unlocked with Parallax as it was never one of my favorite mods, despite the constant positive feedback I recieved for its originality in game style as a Halo PC mod and statements saying it was 'easily one of my best mods.' I never fully realized its potential until now. I've fallen in love with this new version of Parallax, and for others the love has just grown.

Just to put it out there, this wont be another Bomb Run series deal, there will be no Parallax 2. This is most likely to be my last multiplayer mod for Halo PC, so I hope it counts in your eyes.
All I've wanted from the beginning, back when I first started modding and had my own shitty public server in a cardboard box, was for my work to be enjoyed. I never much cared about making a name for myself, but my work to make a name for itself.
While this is one of the last chapters for me, I hope that Halo PC modding lives on and long. It's been a great run for me, years of fun. I've made enemies, but I've also made many friends and learned a crapload about myself and modding along the way. These last years have been a highlight of my life and I will never forget them.

http://mods.tucker933.com/PR/SC.jpg (http://mods.tucker933.com/PR/LC.jpg)
^ Click above to enlarge penis ^

Weapons-

MA5C Assault Rifle:
The MA5C Assault Rifle is capable of delivering more accuracy than is predecessor at the cost of a marginally shallower clip. This weapon is best against light infantry.

M6D Pistol:
The M6C is a single fire pistol capable of delivering quite a punch to any unit within it's short-mid ranged capability. However due to its large caliber ammunition it has considerable kick, making it inaccurate when firing slugs in quick succession.

SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle:
The standard SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle is simple but elegant; it is capable of firing four rounds per clip in semi-auto fire with unmatched precision up to and including extreme long range. The high-caliber round will down most infantry in one shot, however shielded enemies will require a second round or a clean shot to the head for a kill.

Type-V91 Dicer:
The Dicer fires multiple crystalline projectiles per shot, similar to a shotgun but with an explosive punch. If enough projectiles impact an unshielded enemy they can super-combine into a much larger explosion, instantly killing the target.

Type-V93 Grenade Launcher:
This grenade launcher features three barrels capable of firing a single low yield rifle-grenade each, with great accuracy. These grenades will detonate instantly on impact with a variety of surfaces, making them perfect against moving targets including vehicles.

Type-C41 Ray Gun:
This weapon (also known as the Christmas Tree); fires an unstable and highly radioactive ball of energy, a direct impact from this projectile will cause instant death to infantry, however impacts from its stray plasma plumes on flyby will only flare energy based shielding, extent of such damage varies on exposure. Often the sudden blast of radiation caused by the release of this high energy projectile will be so extensive that it flares the users shielding momentarily. This weapon is best used for heavy situations.

Type-C83 Needler:
This weapon features full-auto firing capability of dense crystalline projectiles with moderate mid-ranged tracking capability. Upon impact these projectiles detonate into smaller shards as shrapnel, and in some cases, cause a super detonation if enough of these projectiles are combined into a target.

Type-C88 Impaler:
The Impaler fires ultra-dense crystalline projectiles at extreme velocities in semi-auto fire. These ultra-dense projectiles instantly shatter on impact of any hard surface with enough force to wound any units in immediate vicinity of the detonation. This weapon is best for mid-ranged support.

Credits-

Suiadan because he's an awesome dude and you can learn a lot from him
MezZz (Sceny) for flag textures and reticles
Grav for Grenade Launcher model

Testers:
Break
MezZz
Suiadan
icstars2
Warmistress
DRL333
Durandal
Adoravel
DrAcO
Phyx101
Cortana
Pirate
Sirus
sil3n7hawk
Kvasir
Bobblehob
Death
Nomad
Whisp
!pRiMa
yourdog
Sunstriker
Nick
Modzy
Dirk Gently

Download (http://mods.tucker933.com/PR/Parallax%20Redux.rar)
Note: This mod was primarily designed for CTF, however all variants are supported.
Standard weapon sets are highly recommended.

Hotrod
February 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Looks pretty interesting actually, might try it out :)

Ifafudafi
February 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
One or two of these weapons seem quite similar to some of mine :ehhh:

In all honesty it's cool stuff; the ray gun is particularly impressive from a visual standpoint. I'm curious, though; why bother modding for HPC? A lot of this stuff could've been a lot neater and a lot easier to make imho if you had used HCE

(also this stuff goes in the release forum you see at the top of the HCE page, but I'm sure a mod will move it there)

Amit
February 10th, 2011, 02:13 PM
One or two of these weapons seem quite similar to some of mine :ehhh:

In all honesty it's cool stuff; the ray gun is particularly impressive from a visual standpoint. I'm curious, though; why bother modding for HPC? A lot of this stuff could've been a lot neater and a lot easier to make imho if you had used HCE

(also this stuff goes in the release forum you see at the top of the HCE page, but I'm sure a mod will move it there)

Because people still play Halo PC. I used to until a few months ago. I only reinstalled CE last month when progress was made to Unify v1.09 and v1.0.

Tucker933
February 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
These are older projects of mine, I'm currently working on a large SP CE project at the moment, but we've run into a snag with the BSP rejecting dynamic lights, so it's progressing slowly at the moment...

Also I posted here because there is no Halo PC release section, and thought it would be inappropriate to release in the CE section.

Dwood
February 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
That's an old old map. I remember seeing a thread about those fields for stopping vehicles but not bullets and players ages ago.

Tucker933
February 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM
...fields for stopping vehicles but not bullets and players...

huh?

EX12693
February 12th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Energy doors..

Tucker933
February 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Energy doors..

Ah, he said it sort of backwards so I wasn't understanding.