PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS 2] Crysis 2 PC - Beta

Nero
February 15th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Unless someone unlocks the other thread, I guess this will be the new one? (Delete this if the other one somehow unlocks itself.)
This thread is about the beta, so unlike warlords thread, its fine to talk about the beta here. ;)

Limited
February 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I'd like to know why Crytek have waited to release a demo for the PC. The Xbox has already had one, is it due to exclusivity? They said it would be 2 weeks and that has been and gone.

Cortexian
February 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the leak causes delays for it, after all there were some private authentication keys included in the leak that will probably cause the Crytek team working on the Beta to rethink their release strategy and date as they re-work everything that may have been affected. They had better include some form of Multiplayer in the official Beta/Demo as well because if they don't people are just going to download the leak and try it out there (although it's buggy and crashes all the time, it's very fun when it works).

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
What'd everyone think of my video in the other thread?
:trollface:

Amit
February 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Most of what we learned from playing the leak was already confirmed by devs or known since Crysis 1. The only thing I can say that we shouldn't know without playing the leak is the campaign's story. Either way we're all going to find out eventually. So what's the big deal with knowing what's in the game? Knowledge isn't a crime.

hobojoe
February 16th, 2011, 12:53 PM
BAM!: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a304190/crysis-2-pc-demo-lands-in-march.html

March 1st we get the demo. I can't wait.

E: Kind of late IMO, but better later than never.

=sw=warlord
February 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Most of what we learned from playing the leak was already confirmed by devs or known since Crysis 1. The only thing I can say that we shouldn't know without playing the leak is the campaign's story. Either way we're all going to find out eventually. So what's the big deal with knowing what's in the game? Knowledge isn't a crime.
No but distributing and downloading a paid premium software which has yet to be released without a legitimate licence how ever is.
People wonder why dev's fuck off to consoles whilst at the same time par take in the very event's that deter the developers from the PC platform in the first place.

Limited
February 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM
People wonder why dev's fuck off to consoles whilst at the same time par take in the very event's that deter the developers from the PC platform in the first place.
I heard this ridiculous claim before. "Oh their going to forget PC gaming"...Why? Console games get leaked, the last 2 Halo games were leaked during the summer, like month or so before release. Okay its slightly harder to do console piracy yet just saying "oh people won't because its harder" is a stupid mentality.

I have never pirated a video game and I still stand by the fact I won't. If I enjoy something and I like it I pay for it and I make a big effort when it comes to games.

Rook
February 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
No but distributing and downloading a paid premium software which has yet to be released without a legitimate licence how ever is.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/04/19/hear-that-knocking-sound-its-pc-gaming/

=sw=warlord
February 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I heard this ridiculous claim before. "Oh their going to forget PC gaming"...Why? Console games get leaked, the last 2 Halo games were leaked during the summer, like month or so before release. Okay its slightly harder to do console piracy yet just saying "oh people won't because its harder" is a stupid mentality.

I have never pirated a video game and I still stand by the fact I won't. If I enjoy something and I like it I pay for it and I make a big effort when it comes to games.

Unless you are downloading the ISO directly from a dedicated server and not using P2P torrent's then you are still distributing the software.
Notice how I said P2P, Peer 2 Peer meaning whilst you are downloading the ISO someone else is downloading from you.
You may well buy the product once it's released but that doesn't remove the fact that someone else who you helped enable to download may not and it would be reckless not to take responsibility for your own actions.

Amit
February 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM
This leak is in a severely broken state. I can't imagine anyone who would stick with it when you could buy and play the full polished version.

Guardian
February 16th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Might be of interest to you people.
http://www.ausgamers.com/videos/view.php/57021

Cortexian
February 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
The thing with the leak is that people downloading it and playing it aren't hurting Crytek at all, the game isn't released yet and Crytek isn't making any money off of it yet either. Also, there's no "license" for the leak either so all the licensing stuff =sw=warlord keeps going on about is bogus. =sw=warlord, if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the tool who thought it would be cool to release extremely unfinished content to the public.

=sw=warlord
February 16th, 2011, 03:58 PM
The thing with the leak is that people downloading it and playing it aren't hurting Crytek at all, the game isn't released yet and Crytek isn't making any money off of it yet either.
Oh right because people who are hearing these rumours about how buggy the game is in it's state of the leak obviously won't deter them from purchasing the final product, how stupid of me.:raise:
Also, there's no "license" for the leak either so all the licensing stuff =sw=warlord keeps going on about is bogus. =sw=warlord, if you want to be mad at someone,*Coughs* (http://www.copynot.com/) You don't actually own the game you purchase, you buy a licence to use said game or software, by downloading this beta without a licence to use said beta you are directly involved in distributing the software without Cryteks permission which in it self is piracy. be mad at the tool who thought it would be cool to release extremely unfinished content to the public.
Or I could just point out that the people spreading the beta are almost as bad as the guy who leaked it in the first place considering if there hadn't been a demand for access to the beta, there wouldn't have been a leak in the first place and you lot downloading and seeding it is only making matters worse.
It's like trying to clean up a egg on a glass table using a wet flannel whilst expecting the table to been completely clean and no wet marks.

Limited
February 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Why are we all assuming the leak wasn't intentional? Any publicity is good publicity. Also the fact Crytek and EA have confirmed it was leaked, not stolen and uploaded, leaked.

Also I didnt P2P it.

Amit
February 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Think about it this way Warlord: There are three types of people who downloaded the leak. The first group downloaded it to play it and will still buy it. The next group will download it, play it, and not plan to play it even when the full version is out. The last group of people downloaded the leak, liked it, but never had any intention of buying it, meaning they are just going to pirate the full game anyways when it comes out. To be honest, I think this leak is making more people see the kind of dedication Crytek puts into their games and realize that they need to support them. Critics of PC gamers say that playing the leak is the opposite of supporting the developers. I don't think this is entirely true. People play the game right now because they want to show the devs that they like what Crytek is doing.

Cortexian
February 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
"Oh right because people who are hearing these rumours about how buggy the game is in it's state of the leak obviously won't deter them from purchasing the final product, how stupid of me.:raise:"
Why would it? It's a pre-release build, not even worthy of the "beta" title it's been given. Only retarded people would judge a game based on a pre-release build that's still in development.

Donut
February 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
^ retarded people make up a large percentage of gamers today.
i mean, even though most of them areon xbox and ps3, i can already see "yeah man i heard that game sucked and i share that opinion because somebody told me that, so im not gonna buy it"

Amit
February 16th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Well I have yet to see a person who has played this leak criticize it greatly.

Cortexian
February 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
^ retarded people make up a large percentage of gamers today.
i mean, even though most of them areon xbox and ps3, i can already see "yeah man i heard that game sucked and i share that opinion because somebody told me that, so im not gonna buy it"
I don't know ANY PC gamers that would have that kind of attitude. I mean, if you're a PC gamer you're generally smart enough to research hardware components and such. If you can do that I would assume you're smart enough to not "knock something before you try" it. So to speak.

The console crowd has their "beta" already, they can base their opinions off of that.

Donut
February 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
was there a beta on ps3? i was thinking it was xbox exclusive, or did they just not have one on pc? if thats the case then i really have no complaints.

Cortexian
February 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM
It was just on 360, but all console titles are the same from console to console with very small changes.

Amit
February 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
It's no problem at all since PC gamers still get a multiplayer demo on March 1st. Crytek is good to us.

hobojoe
February 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
We should have been first :smith: But I understand why Crytek wanted to see what would happen
with a high end video game running on a console, and how the community would respond to it.

Limited
February 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
It was just on 360, but all console titles are the same from console to console with very small changes.
:shake: Sorry freelancer but no, case in point AC

Cortexian
February 17th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Assassin's Creed is still Assassin's Creed regardless of what console you play it in, heck the difference between the console versions and the PC version is a simple controller change.

Limited
February 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Assassin's Creed is still Assassin's Creed regardless of what console you play it in, heck the difference between the console versions and the PC version is a simple controller change.They try to make it similar yes but the engine for each is different.

Cortexian
February 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I didn't notice much of a difference and I've played it on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360...

Limited
February 17th, 2011, 02:15 PM
PS3 and Xbox have entirely different lighting mechanisms. Ubisoft had MASSIVE issues with the PS3 version of AC prior to release.

Amit
February 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Key Mapping Guide for anyone who's interested.

http://pastebin.com/tUqTePHb

Guardian
February 25th, 2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.mycrysis.com/gallery/trailers/crysis-2-prophet-s-journey

Explains stuff.

BobtheGreatII
February 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
That's actually really cool. Makes me sad though. That is, how many people won't play the first game.

Guardian
February 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM
So, um... whose Alcatraz?

Do you play as him or Prophet?

BobtheGreatII
February 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
So, um... whose Alcatraz?

Do you play as him or Prophet?

Prophet gives you [Alcatraz] the suit at the beginning of the game. You play as Alcatraz. He's just a marine.

Guardian
February 26th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks, makes sense now.

Amit
February 27th, 2011, 02:18 AM
You play as Alcatraz, but oh boy, wait for the end. I want to know what happens to Nomad and Psycho, and to a lesser degree, Helena.

=sw=warlord
February 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
PC demo now available. (http://static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/crysis2/Crysis_2_Multiplayer_Demo.exe)

ThePlague
February 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sweet deal.

hobojoe
February 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Yea!

E: It seems the EA website is down, download is still going tho, anyone know whats up?

Cortexian
February 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Dunno, can't make new accounts right now though. Just hangs at "Creating Account".

hobojoe
February 28th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Huh? I just get a 404, are you actually able to connect to the website?

Cortexian
February 28th, 2011, 08:30 PM
No, the in-game Create Account feature. Which you need to fill in before accessing anything else...

mycrysis.com was up for me and I made an account there, now it's down.

E: Back up but slow, I'm going to assume they're getting hammered.

StankBacon
February 28th, 2011, 11:13 PM
took me like 10 minutes to make an account on mycrysis.com, but once i did i was able to log in and play just fine.

Cortexian
March 1st, 2011, 12:54 AM
I get a network error when trying to login in-game. Made an account on mycrysis.com just fine.

Amit
March 1st, 2011, 12:57 AM
Ha fools. I've had an account at mycrysis since almost day one.

BobtheGreatII
March 1st, 2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah, runs fine here. is a lot of fun.

Cortexian
March 1st, 2011, 01:37 AM
I had an account there as well, but forgot it so I went to make a new one in-game. Didn't work. Tried to make one on mycrysis.com but it's been up/down for a few hours now. It said I had made one awhile ago but when I try to log in with it in-game I get a network error...

Can't access the MyCrysis forums or anything to complain/troubleshoot either.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
March 1st, 2011, 05:46 AM
Well this is getting annoying, because I spent more time on setting up a damned account than downloading the game and it still doesn't work.
The game tells me that my nickname is not allowed because it doesn't follow some naming rule while I checked and found that it follows ALL of the rules...

Amit
March 1st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I can't login in either...with either of my accounts.

Cortexian
March 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
At least they finally put up a banner for it (if you can even get to that point and access the page):
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8528/bannertimeout.jpg

Amit
March 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
This is what happens when they make you sign in for a demo.

Cortexian
March 1st, 2011, 12:11 PM
Stats tracking will work I think, so it needs to be implemented for this demo.

BobtheGreatII
March 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
I really wish the demo had been in DirectX 11. That's my only complaint. It plays really well. I'm actually surprised. And it's fun. My friend and I linked up in under 4 minutes and were already playing a game. It's very stream lined. And I like it. I'm sorry to hear so many of you are having troubles. But in a way it's almost exciting to see so many people wanting to play this game. Crysis was sort of a cult hit. It was something people pushed their computers to play. It's neat to see so many people jumping on this.

Cortexian
March 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM
Here's my problem. I was basing my purchase on if the demo launch went well. EA/Crytek obviously fucked this up almost as badly as letting a leak hit the Internet.

I was able to get the leaked version up and running on multiplayer with community assistance in a couple of hours, a dedicated server running in a day or so. EA and Crytek seem to be struggling with their OFFICIAL release of the PC demo. If it's not working flawlessly for me by tonight I won't be pre-ordering or buying it until I hear its working well.

RedBaron
March 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM
Can't even get on mycrysis.com to make an account. Can I just use my EA account from BC2?

Amit
March 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Well, BC2 had similar issues and it turned out decent.

Can't even get on mycrysis.com to make an account. Can I just use my EA account from BC2?

No, you must make like a million accounts just to play. I have an EA account, MyCrysis Account, and Gamespy account. This is fucked. Why don't they just use Gamespy or EA Online systems? The damn thing is already powered by Gamespy.

Limited
March 1st, 2011, 04:36 PM
I tried to login with my existing GameSpy account (had to reset pass just to remember wtf it was). and it told me I had invalid characters in my username...WTF my username was "Limited55"...

I'm not impressed with all this crap happening in demo, unprepared servers, they've had ages to work on it since the console beta, the fact you only have 4 ways of changing your graphics settings in the demo, no FoV editing, only 3 options for graphical power of which the names mean NOTHING (Advanced, Gamer, Hardcore), surely gamer should be harder than hardcore? A game that is boasting the fact it has the most powerful graphics in any game, yet the demo is DX9 only... Unbelievable.

And the fact that aim assistance is automatically turned on. WTF?!

=sw=warlord
March 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
No, you must make like a million accounts just to play. I have an EA account, MyCrysis Account, and Gamespy account. This is fucked. Why don't they just use Gamespy or EA Online systems? The damn thing is already powered by Gamespy.

Is that why I was just using my EA account in the demo?

Also, out of pure curiosity and a question raised to those who've "play tested" the leaked version, is the SP the same as what seem's to be like in this demo?
I'm really starting to have doubt's over Crysis 2, I had been holding out hope for when the PC demo was out but this seems like Crysis has had it's testicles chopped off by a rusty hatchet.

Cortexian
March 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3650/maintenance.png

Should have done this LAST NIGHT guys... Talk about a Crysis.

Edit:
IgizpmXDiXI

BobtheGreatII
March 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM
I really have no idea what's going on with you guys. Mine's working just fine. I'm really surprised you guys are having so many troubles.

And the fact that aim assistance is automatically turned on. WTF?!

I'm pretty sure this is because it's pretty much a strait port of the Xbox version. In case you didn't notice, the intro video doesn't even mention the other map. Has freshly placed icons over the Xbox controls. And not to mention we have a serious lack of graphics adjustment in the menu. This is a demo guys. Chill out. This is in no way going to be what the final product is going to be like. The simple truth is, they pushed a PC demo because so many people asked for it. If anyone has to know, the single player is a lot of fun. And I personally can't wait for it to come out. I'll be rushing out to buy a copy. No doubt.

Amit
March 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM
I really have no idea what's going on with you guys. Mine's working just fine. I'm really surprised you guys are having so many troubles.

I'm pretty sure this is because it's pretty much a strait port of the Xbox version. In case you didn't notice, the intro video doesn't even mention the other map. Has freshly placed icons over the Xbox controls. And not to mention we have a serious lack of graphics adjustment in the menu. This is a demo guys. Chill out. This is in no way going to be what the final product is going to be like. The simple truth is, they pushed a PC demo because so many people asked for it. If anyone has to know, the single player is a lot of fun. And I personally can't wait for it to come out. I'll be rushing out to buy a copy. No doubt.

Pre-order it then. You get free stuff.

Ifafudafi
March 1st, 2011, 10:32 PM
(Note that, for several reasons, I have not played the leaked beta; anything here is written based off of publicly available footage and both the Xbox and PC demos)

Okay, after (fucking FINALLY) getting the account to work:

Overall it's the same thing that was on the assBox so again, here's my thoughts for the gameplay

...there's still the tactical element of how-do-I-use-my-energy (I like the way they've streamlined powers) and I'm perfectly fine with getting rid of the speed acrobatics from Crysis 1, but there's still a sense that it's moving towards that shooter singularity which CoD sits proudly in the center of. Whether or not this is a bad thing is a case by case basis; I'll have to play the single-player to know my personal opinion.

Admittedly, I hate to judge a game's quality by directly comparing it to another, but this game's multiplayer is so unashamedly similar to Call of Duty that I can't talk about the former without mentioning the latter. The game tries so hard to adhere to the CoD formula that, in a way, its problems are amplfied; each poor design choice isn't just a problem in and of itself, it's a problem to which you can directly say "CoD does this better." The multiplayer's not bad, by any means, and there's just enough customization and polish that it doesn't feel tacked on, but it tries so hard to be a replacement for CoD that it squanders its opportunity to be a decent alternative, like Halo or Battlefield.

I get the feeling that this was the third leg of EA's plan to try and displace Activison's hold over the shooter multiplayer market (along with BFBC2, which worked reasonably well, and MoH, which certainly did not), which is a terrible attitude to take, and I hope they get over that soon.

I was correct in my original assumption that the clunky controls were due to the Xbox, as the M&K works great once you turn the stupid aim assist off. I'm disappointed that they've reduced the graphics settings down to one option and locked out the full range of graphics features (i.e. DX11), even if it's just a quick-and-dirty demo, and the decision to use the stupidly idiosyncratic terms (Gamer, Advanced, Hardcore) instead of the standard low/med/high is just confusing; Warhead at least had drop-down menus. The shading and lighting is brilliant but there are so many muddy textures that I have a hard time believing the guys at Crytek made this their maximum setting; with any luck, the full game will have a wider and better-looking range of options.

Again, the multiplayer is eh and I can't see my self spending much time with it, but what's here once again makes me quite excited for the single-player. Still a day 1 purchase unless something really terrible comes up.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
March 2nd, 2011, 01:41 AM
It seems that the game shows you the invalid nickname when you have a nickname with numbers in it :ehhh:

Amit
March 2nd, 2011, 06:26 AM
It seems that the game shows you the invalid nickname when you have a nickname with numbers in it :ehhh:

I've noticed this. My secondary account has no number in the number but entering the details correctly and clicking login does nothing. No error, even.

EDIT: Just realized it's available on Steam. I'm gonna uninstall and download using Steam to see if that works.

=sw=warlord
March 2nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Well this is pretty shitty news...

At a presentation to Nvidia's new graphics card in the GeForce 500-series revealed that Crysis 2 initially will not include support for DirectX 11, instead, all PC gamers had to make do with the six year old DirectX 9. In practice this means that all graphics hungry gamers with later generations of graphics cards can not take advantage of graphics-enhancing features such as tesselation. According to Nvidia the developers promises to include a DX11 mode in a future update, when exactly is still unclear. (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/13594-crysis-2-endast-dx9-dx11-kommer-senare&act=url)

Amit
March 2nd, 2011, 07:11 AM
Fuckin eh!

Mr Buckshot
March 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
Can't seem to find an option to enable one-click ADS (simply am not used to holding down my right mouse). If this console-port stink isn't fixed by the final release, there's a big problem. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and assume they'll correct it.

I find the motion blur to be overdone - I understand it's for realism but it does get distracting. And the stupid menu bobbing doesn't help either.

On the plus side, despite the demo being DX9 it looks great and runs better than the original did in DX9 mode. Using the rifle-butt instead of a knife as the melee attack is a welcome change from like every other multiplayer FPS these days.

Also, does anyone else have this issue? See pic below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5020311/344.png - shot tags not working for some reason

Amit
March 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Can't seem to find an option to enable one-click ADS (simply am not used to holding down my right mouse). If this console-port stink isn't fixed by the final release, there's a big problem. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and assume they'll correct it.

I find the motion blur to be overdone - I understand it's for realism but it does get distracting. And the stupid menu bobbing doesn't help either.

On the plus side, despite the demo being DX9 it looks great and runs better than the original did in DX9 mode. Using the rifle-butt instead of a knife as the melee attack is a welcome change from like every other multiplayer FPS these days.

Also, does anyone else have this issue? See pic below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5020311/344.png - shot tags not working for some reason

For ADS, I don't think it's meant to be one-click. People are working on getting it done in the leaked version, though.

As for your joining problem, in the beta you could join a game in progress and be dropped right into it. I don't know what the hell is happening here. I got fed up and created a new account using my sister's email address and I'm gonna test this out now.

BTW guys, you can add almost anything from the config.cfg you had from your config.cfg from the leak to the target line and it'll work in-game. Just make sure to add a '+' in front of the command and use only spaces before a number, no equal signs.

ODX
March 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
It keeps saying my nickname is invalid, even though it's just "iODXi"

I see nothing wrong with it: no numbers, no symbols, no bullshit, just letters ._.

Amit
March 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
It keeps saying my nickname is invalid, even though it's just "iODXi"

I see nothing wrong with it: no numbers, no symbols, no bullshit, just letters ._.

Create a new account from within the game.

Also, I wasn't able to get into an actual match until I forwarded port 64100 to my computer. TCP and UDP. Still, once I was in, I was kicked out in just 1 minute and was signed out of MyCrysis. What the fuck Crytek? The leak worked better than this demo.

ODX
March 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Well right now I was trying to use a name I made through MyCrysis.com, and that had an "invalid nickname."

Before I did that though, I had tried to make an account through the game, but it said my email was "in-use." Fuck, I even made a new one and tried that but that was somehow already "in-use" too.

This is complete bullshit.
Nevermind I got it to work by taking someone's advice and just mashing the keyboard for a random email: it worked.

Ifafudafi
March 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I took three quick comparison shots; the jump from low to med is pretty noticeable but there's not much immediate difference aside from the shadows in med to high. Still waiting to see retail on very high, but it could be that the DX10 support and all may not be quite as impressive as we're led to believe

anyway here you go (click to open full-size; 1680x1050)

Low
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/156/lowq.jpg

Med
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1301/medao.jpg

High
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4674/highp.jpg

Cortexian
March 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
DX9 available at release, DX11 coming down the road, and no DX10 support.

Warsaw
March 3rd, 2011, 01:08 AM
That screams "rushed" to me.

RedBaron
March 3rd, 2011, 01:08 AM
Exactly which video setting is the highest?! This is SO counter intuitive. I wouldn't know the difference between their meaning of "hardcore" and "advanced". WTF. And the main menu is giving me serious motion sickness.

E: I made an account ingame, and it auto-logged me in the first time. After exiting the game, I can't even log back in. I get the improper characters error. Epic faillll.

E2: So basically, fuck pre ordering this. I'm going to wait a good 2 weeks after release to see if EA deserves my hard earned cash or not. I'm going to play the campaign either way, it's just a matter of whether EA will have my cash to jerk off to or not.

hobojoe
March 3rd, 2011, 01:41 AM
Gamer = Low

Advanced = Med

Hardcore = High

Really don't like the fact that its only DX9. Fuckin Crysis 1 was DX10? Wtf?

Warsaw
March 3rd, 2011, 02:00 AM
Exactly which video setting is the highest?! This is SO counter intuitive. I wouldn't know the difference between their meaning of "hardcore" and "advanced". WTF. And the main menu is giving me serious motion sickness.

E: I made an account ingame, and it auto-logged me in the first time. After exiting the game, I can't even log back in. I get the improper characters error. Epic faillll.

E2: So basically, fuck pre ordering this. I'm going to wait a good 2 weeks after release to see if EA deserves my hard earned cash or not. I'm going to play the campaign either way, it's just a matter of whether EA will have my cash to jerk off to or not.

And in doing so you will prove to Crytek that making console games is the way to go because the PC version was pirated to the point that it cut into the profit margin more than they had thought. If you want to play it, buy it. Wait for it to drop in price, but still buy it. Don't be a dick.

RedBaron
March 3rd, 2011, 02:05 AM
It's a shame really. I don't blame Crytek, they're the ones hard at work with a game. But in the end, game developers really don't make as much money as they should, and most of the profit goes back to the publisher. It's also the publishers that pressure the developers to rush their product and implement unnecessary DRM, advertisement, and login procedures. Big publishers like EA have a perfectly good right to discredit the PC base, but they should be aware that they are partly to blame.

Besides I never said anything about pirating. For all you know, I'm going to borrow a friend's copy for either PC or console, or go out and buy a used copy.

E: I really do have a respect for developers that stick true to their goal. As of Splinter Cell Double Agent, I've made it a point to pirate all Ubisoft games for PC. Their ridiculous DRM, poor quality control, and overall half ass-edness for PC games does not warrant $50-$60 from me (and thank god I got a free legit copy of Far Cry 2, because that truly was a piece of garbage in form of a disc). However, earlier this year I pirated Splinter Cell Conviction. I truly enjoyed the game, and even though I already played it, I went on to buy it on steam for $40. I saw that developer Ubisoft Montreal actually put some effort into a polished game, even though publisher Ubisoft still implemented the DRM. I am not without reason, I still try to support developers, though all publishers are increasingly ass-hats in business practice.

E2: So back to my original post. My meaning is that I'm waiting 2 weeks after release to see if Crytek actually gave a shit about PC. If they did, then I salute them by handing EA $60. If they did not, then they do not deserve to prance around with my cash and I will acquire the game by other means.

Limited
March 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Just cancelled my pre-order. Until Crytek get their shit together I'm not purchasing. No DX11 support from launch? WTF!? Crytek need to support their fanbase, which is PC users. FarCry would not have sold as many console games without the PC version doing so well and hyping it up.

=sw=warlord
March 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
'Sup. (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153248p1.html)

Limited
March 3rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
'Sup. (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153248p1.html)
They'll talk about DX11 soon? The games release is in 19 freaking days. Why are they pissing around wasting peoples time? It either has it or doesnt have it.

Amit
March 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
They'll talk about DX11 soon? The games release is in 19 freaking days. Why are they pissing around wasting peoples time? It either has it or doesnt have it.

The main reason they don't already have it running in the demo has to be that they spent too much time tinkering with the console versions. Fuck consoles, all about PC. *PC Elitism*

I'm guessing that the answer is that the game supports DX11 but it won't be available until sometime after launch because they still need to optimize it. The reason they won't outright say it is because a lot more people will pull their pre-orders.

RedBaron
March 3rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
To me, that's like saying "on March 22nd, we're releasing a port for you. Later down the road we just might update it to it's full version".

leorimolo
March 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
To me, that's like saying "on March 22nd, we're releasing a port for you. Later down the road we just might update it to it's full version".
after all it is a little weird the pc version of the full campaign leaked without dx11....

Mr Buckshot
March 4th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Fuck consoles, all about PC. *PC Elitism*

+rep

=sw=warlord
March 4th, 2011, 07:32 AM
GDC March 4, 11:

Attention (Info About Licensing and FREE ACCESS to the ENGINE):

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711318

-----------

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711285

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711283

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711281

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711279

GDC March 3, 11:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711208

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711210

Limited
March 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Bullshit

I made account on their own website, 'limited11'..logged into the website fantastic, says welcome all that stuff. Attempt to login to the game...INVALID USERNAME. Firstly the characters are legit, secondly why let me register to their website with a dodgy name?!

Had to make ANOTHER new account, if I get spam emails because of it I will not be pleased.

Fyi username is 'limited01' incase you wanted to test out friend list :O

Teltaur
March 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Well, looks like literally all servers are stuck in the lobby. I tried 7 in a row, all had the same issue, and everyone I've talked to can't start a game either.

Good job, EA/Crytek!

=sw=warlord
March 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Well, looks like literally all servers are stuck in the lobby. I tried 7 in a row, all had the same issue, and everyone I've talked to can't start a game either.

Good job, EA/Crytek!

I've not had a single problem since the beginning of this demo so I've got no idea why all of you are having issues.

Teltaur
March 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I've not had a single problem since the beginning of this demo so I've got no idea why all of you are having issues.
I never had a single issue until just now. I went through registration without a hitch, and have played almost every day without issues. But this seems to be a universal problem for literally everyone right now... I talked to at least 100 different people going through those servers, and every single one said that every server they'd tried was stuck in the lobby, too.

ThePlague
March 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just the person running the server, i've run into it before too.

Mr Buckshot
March 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Do you live in Europe? If so that figures, I've only been able to connect to European servers for the most part. 95% of the North American servers I tried don't work.

Cortexian
March 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I finally got in, made an account in game:

name: worsedemoever
email: worse@demo.ever

They key was lowercase letters in the name and a completely bullshit email.

Limited
March 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
You clearly havent played the game enough then.

The amount of times I've had connection problems, earlier Kiwi and I joined the same server, it made our games crash. Whats the deal with slow starting games? I join a game that is 11/12, the game never starts and everyone ends up quitting.

Lame console ports ftl, they didnt even bother to change the "Press start to begin".

Wow...
Nk0I_uYuOow

Cortexian
March 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
What the hell? What exactly was he doing? I expected to see him teleporting around the map to get easy kills, not just sit on one place looking at a wall killing everyone as soon as they spawn?

Also, how is that even fun? I can see aimbots/wallhacks/etc being fun for some people, it lets you have an edge on your opponents so you can win/be better in your own little world. This is just boring. Join server, go AFK, win?

Amit
March 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
What the hell? What exactly was he doing? I expected to see him teleporting around the map to get easy kills, not just sit on one place looking at a wall killing everyone as soon as they spawn?

Also, how is that even fun? I can see aimbots/wallhacks/etc being fun for some people, it lets you have an edge on your opponents so you can win/be better in your own little world. This is just boring. Join server, go AFK, win?

I think he was teleporting everyone off the map and killing them I think. Could be skyline so the people fall to their deaths

Cortexian
March 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
If he were just teleporting them off the map he wouldn't get credit for their kills.

RedBaron
March 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I don't understand anyone who cheats in multiplayer of any game, when said game does not benefit you at all in real life. When you cheat in a game against other players, to me that's defeating the purpose of playing the game to begin with. If you want to cheat people out of something, go rob a bank or steal a computer from the public library, no one really gives a shit if you cheated against them in a game over the internet.

Now if you're cheating in a pro-gamer tournament, where it could actually decide a player's salary, then that's different. Starcraft players went to jail for that in S. Korea lawl.

Rooster
March 6th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Im pretty sure pple cheat because they can... it must be an ego thing. Kinda like bothering your siblings cuz ur older.

Amit
March 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Im pretty sure pple cheat because they can... it must be an ego thing. Kinda like bothering your siblings cuz ur older.

Or younger and more fit.

If he were just teleporting them off the map he wouldn't get credit for their kills.

How do you know that? I would say the same thing, but we don't know the intricacies of his hacks.

Limited
March 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I reckon he teleports them onto a grenade that instantly explodes. I believe that little red icon after his (white/green) name is the grenade icon.

BobtheGreatII
March 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Crysis 2 PC Demo update is out:

* "Press Start to Begin" has been changed to "Press Enter to Begin" on the main menu
* Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0) - "Crytek is working very hard to fix this for the shipping game"
* Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)
* Account creation now works properly
* G35 headset fix now implemented
* People not able to sign in with certain characters such as "-" or "numbers" in their username, now can

Cortexian
March 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Lmao, not out for Steam version yet.

Limited
March 8th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Ah nice one, the 1.2 update gets flagged as a virus by AVG. Apparently a guy on the steam forums submitted the file to the AVG folks, they came back to him and said it was indeed a virus.

Crytek is gathering info about peoples hardware maybe?

Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0)...Um why do we not see pings now?

Also, why the hell is the word 'Chicken' filtered in the chat? Kiwi accidentally said soup, so I replied with chicken, but it was starred out.

Amit
March 8th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ah nice one, the 1.2 update gets flagged as a virus by AVG. Apparently a guy on the steam forums submitted the file to the AVG folks, they came back to him and said it was indeed a virus.

Crytek is gathering info about peoples hardware maybe?

Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0)...Um why do we not see pings now?

Also, why the hell is the word 'Chicken' filtered in the chat? Kiwi accidentally said soup, so I replied with chicken, but it was starred out.

Because this game is shit. Fuck em.

=sw=warlord
March 8th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Who the fuck uses AVG?

Amit
March 8th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Who the fuck uses AVG?

I do and it works great. The file isn't a virus. It came from Crytek.

Cortexian
March 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, it's just a false-positive.

I use AVG, it's a great light-weight and feature-rich Anti-Virus that I don't need to pay for.

StankBacon
March 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
avg > all

BobtheGreatII
March 8th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah I use AVG too. Didn't pick up anything though from the update.

Limited
March 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Who the fuck uses AVG?
Lol, quit trying to defend the undefendable. Crytek messed up with the PC version of the game, there was no plans to release a PC demo. They made a rushed and buggy PC demo version to try and make up for the fact they basically gave a giant middle finger to PC gamers. Even the patch initially broke the game more than it fixed.

Also it wasnt just AVG that alerted it as a virus...btw wheres the evidence its a false positive? You guys do realise malware gets detected as viruses?

The games flaw occurred when they released the MP video describing how CoD like the MP is. Its just a very generic MP.

=sw=warlord
March 8th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Lol, quit trying to defend the undefendable.you mean like how you've defending yourself for directly disrespecting the same industry you studied to get into by pirating various games? Crytek messed up with the PC version of the game, there was no plans to release a PC demo. They made a rushed and buggy PC demo version to try and make up for the fact they basically gave a giant middle finger to PC gamers. Even the patch initially broke the game more than it fixed.
They released the demo because the PC community bitched loud enough to make a termite go deaf.
Now they've released a hash of a demo they've apparently put the middle finger up to the PC community?
The very same community that literally pirated the original game more than it was sold and also then took the onus on themselves to complain because their computers couldn't run it because it was that advanced at the time?
The same platform that they plan to release a SDK for in the near future for Free?

Also it wasnt just AVG that alerted it as a virus...btw wheres the evidence its a false positive? You guys do realise malware gets detected as viruses?
I personally don't have confirmation but AVG doe's have a terrible track record for picking up false positives especially in games.

The games flaw occurred when they released the MP video describing how CoD like the MP is. Its just a very generic MP.

You realize that last statement was exactly the same gameplay complaint about both Crysis and warhead right?
Now they're doing something different and again apparently it is "generic", Considering Crytek started working on Crysis 2 around the same time as Crysis warhead was being worked on and has been in development for several years as well as working on the engine itself to ensure it works on both console and PC platforms I would think they've done a good job.
They could easily have gone and done what Activision does and just release a new game each year and not actually work on the engine or making it a better game but no, they actually went out of their way to provide both one of the best engines on the market and a soon to be leader in the FPS console market.:ugh:

Limited
March 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Great job avoiding the complete purpose of my post Cobby. Also singular, not plural.

I applaud the engine Crytek has been working on, they are working on features others just simple arent doing. Engine != Crysis, and vice versa.

The MP is generic, they blatantly stole the hologram attachment idea from Halo, it acts in exactly the same way. Kill streaks, are very CoD like, chopper gunner for example and the 'highlight enemies on the radar'. Class system where you 'create your own class' based on different weapons and attachments and armour abilities much like CoD and Halo. In the game they are called classes but in the voice-over he labels it as "loadouts", way to not even attempt to make it original.

Crysis 2 originally was aimed at being a stand out from the crowd and I was expecting something different from all the other mediocre games in the genre but that is not the case.

They insulted the PC gamers by not even considering having a PC demo. It was like they didnt give a toss about pleasing them and only focusing on the console markets. The "Press start to begin" was just the final kick in the teeth needed.

The AVG issue is bizarre considering it didnt occur to any one in the first version.

=sw=warlord
March 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
The MP is generic, they blatantly stole the hologram attachment idea from Halo,
Right because obviously Halo is the only game to have ever had a hologram right? (http://dukenukem.wikia.com/wiki/Holoduke) Kill streaks, are very CoD like, chopper gunner for example and the 'highlight enemies on the radar'.There have been many games that employ similar systems, I remember for instance BZ Flag back in 2002 had something that when you got a kill streak and picked up a node you got a different upgrade than normal.
Class system where you 'create your own class' based on different weapons and attachments and armour abilities much like CoD and Halo. In the game they are called classes but in the voice-over he labels it as "loadouts", way to not even attempt to make it original.
Right because Halo and Call of Duty are the ONLY games to have ever had load outs right?

Crysis 2 originally was aimed at being a stand out from the crowd and I was expecting something different from all the other mediocre games in the genre but that is not the case.

They insulted the PC gamers by not even considering having a PC demo. It was like they didnt give a toss about pleasing them and only focusing on the console markets. The "Press start to begin" was just the final kick in the teeth needed.
Maybe they didn't plan on having a demo because maybe, just maybe they were too busy getting everything else finished, I don't seem to remember there being any demos for Call of duty games untill after release.

The AVG issue is bizarre considering it didnt occur to any one in the first version.
Simply put AVG is full of bullshit which is the reason I moved onto better free software.

Limited
March 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Maybe they didn't plan on having a demo because maybe, just maybe they were too busy getting everything else finished, I don't seem to remember there being any demos for Call of duty games untill after release..
CoD 1 PC, dawnvile...I even remember purchasing the magazine that it came with.

The hologram acts exactly like the Halo one does, it even flickers like Reach's. I'm not saying other games don't also have the same type of systems, yet Crysis 2 MP is only stuff from other games. I can't quite think of anything in terms of gameplay MP mechanic that is brand new to the genre. And yes Crysis is a AAA title, it should bring new and exciting things to the table. The SP glorifies itself with the amount of ingenuity and uniqueness from Crysis 1 to 2, yet the MP lacks.

Cortexian
March 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
@Limited, my AVG picked up CryAction.dll as being hostile when I had the Steam version installed (which was before the 1.2 patch).

Warsaw
March 9th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Who buys Crysis for multiplayer? I thought it was the game we buy because we want to stress our computers to the limit and because it has an intriguing, open single player.

Hunter
March 9th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Downloading :P

Mr Buckshot
March 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Who buys Crysis for multiplayer? I thought it was the game we buy because we want to stress our computers to the limit and because it has an intriguing, open single player.

Agreed. I would've much preferred an SP demo instead of an MP demo. I don't recall playing Crysis 1 multiplayer for more than 30 minutes, but I did sink dozens of hours into beating the campaign multiple times in a variety of ways.

Warsaw
March 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
That said, I'm going to wait for reviews. I still haven't played the first game, and if the second just turns out to be a run-of-the-mill, prettified shooter, I'm not buying.

Amit
March 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
That said, I'm going to wait for reviews. I still haven't played the first game, and if the second just turns out to be a run-of-the-mill, prettified shooter, I'm not buying.

But that's exactly what it is. I didn't think they couldn't improve on the first game, but this demo convinces me otherwise.

And AVG is better than the lot of other free software out there. I've been using AVG since 2006 on the SAME computer and it has never gotten infected. And it doesn't bother the fuck out of me like every other virus protection software. I heard good things about Kaspersky. So I used it for a year. It annoyed the hell out of my with its constant pop up messages. In the seventh month of using it it scanned a file and let it through that messed up the system. I managed to fix the problem, but other virus software I had at the time picked it up as a threat in no time (AVG, F-Secure, MalwareBytes). After that I just stopped using Kaspersky even though I still had 5 months left on the subscription and went back to AVG.

Cortexian
March 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Crysis 2 seems exactly like a "run-of-the-mill, prettified shooter" to me. The only "unique" aspect it has is the suit modes and energy management.

I'm honestly more excited for Section 8: Prejudice...

Warsaw
March 9th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Is Crysis 2 even open world like the first game was?

Amit
March 9th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Is Crysis 2 even open world like the first game was?

Not at all. Then again, we'll find out when the game launches and we hear from people who buy it. The potential for the sandbox is there, except Crytek isn't doing it like the first one. Based on the leak, the maps are made for infantry only combat, no vehicles.

Warsaw
March 10th, 2011, 01:19 AM
That's disappointing, to say the least. I was hoping to just run around and explore the portion of New York City that they gave us, just like how I can run around and explore in FarCry and Crysis.

TeeKup
March 10th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Crysis 2 seems exactly like a "run-of-the-mill, prettified shooter" to me. The only "unique" aspect it has is the suit modes and energy management.

I'm honestly more excited for Section 8: Prejudice...

Considering how bland and boring the first Section 8 is, that REALLY is saying something.

Guardian
March 10th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Maps need to be a little bit bigger, like steel mill sized imo. Skyline when its a full server is difficult to keep up with. Peir 17 is a better size but too open for snipers.

ODX
March 10th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I like Pier 17's look and size but...there's just one thing that bothers me:

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING DESTROYED?
Seriously, they just love making destroyed and uneven ground don't they. It's horrid and stupid because I almost always get stuck in a weird place by the water and when I climb up I'm met with a piece of wood sticking out of the dock making me unable to get up unless I move to a different position or waste more time trying to get up.

Guardian
March 11th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I agree its kinda a mess.

Ifafudafi
March 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM
there's some more footage of the not-beta single-player here (running on PC, probably not DX11), it actually looks like it plays similarly to, you know, Crysis 1 (whodathunk)
OFs4qd95OAQ

BobtheGreatII
March 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah no. That's still directx 9. I preordered the game. It looks just like the beta. It's dissapointing. Im surprised they still haven't said anything about directx 11. Seems like with all the dissapointment that they would release some info. We'll just have to see.

Cortexian
March 17th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Not worth it for the 10 minutes of fun gameplay per multiplayer level. After those 10 minutes on each level the game gets boring.

Amit
March 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Not to mention, it's still not really sandbox like Crysis 1.

BobtheGreatII
March 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I played the beta. I thought it was fun. I look forward to having the full game with less bugs.