PDA

View Full Version : H2V How to combine assets and make movable mechanism.

Computron
February 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I am looking for some information on combining assets and making movable mechanism. For example, on the map District, there are lights that hang from the ceiling by a hinge that will move if disturbed. The lamp casts a light on the player and also move along with it's source. The spinning fan blade on Zanzibar is another example of a mechanism.

If anyone knows how this is done, can you provide me with the resources or maybe write a guide?

supersniper
February 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
spnning the fan blade can be done through the memory...

Computron
February 16th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Elaborate please.

Resinball
February 17th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I have not had much luck with device_machine tags. Though I haven't tried much with them either. There is one working example of a device_machine inside of the example.scenario file.
It is the purple turning glow around each gravity lift.

Open the Example Scenario in Sapien.

Then navigate these folders: Mission\Objects\Devices\Machines\high_lift_effect. device_machine

Then look under: Mission\Objects\Devices\Device Groups\lift

Notice how it has a value of 1, this (I assume) means turned on, whereas 0 is off.

Twinreaper might know more from his H2X modding days.

supersniper
February 17th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Elaborate please.
wouldnt know how to do it in the tag structure, but in the memory if you locate the location the fan speed on zanzibar is a simple float value, where increasing it increases the fan speed while decreasing it, decreases the span speed.

Resinball
February 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM
So if that value could be fed in through a script then it could alternate for example.

Problem is; they (Hired Gun) did not supply any other .device_machine tags and upgrading models from CE has its issues.

leorimolo
February 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
So if that value could be fed in through a script then it could alternate for example.

Problem is; they (Hired Gun) did not supply any other .device_machine tags and upgrading models from CE has its issues.
I think there is more to it than you think. The scripts allow for device position changes, and if aviable smooth transitions between the different states (zanzi open/close gate), they dont actually do anything more than is currently possible with tagging.

Resinball
February 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Thats why I said IF. If you had another working .device_machine tag to work with (one that had different permutations such as the gate) then we could also use a script to control it. I have not tried to create a new .device_machine so I am not sure if it is possible. I would say its not very likely without the ability to create new animations.