PDA

View Full Version : CAAAANNN YYOOUUUU SMMMEELLLLLLLL WWHHHAATTT THEEE ROCK is cooking.

Bodzilla
February 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
i laughed so hard when i saw this
5webrAZSBhY

i used to watch the rock when i was like 7 hahaha.

the peoples elbow~

InnerGoat
February 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Bro your video is flipped please re-upload I can't make out anything in it :(

Bodzilla
February 20th, 2011, 05:44 PM
i didnt upload it, CBF AND it's not a book

Kornman00
February 20th, 2011, 06:09 PM
They probably did that to try and circumvent youtube's copyright scanners

FireDragon04
February 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I dunno why, but this didn't make me laugh, just made me feel really....really...really nostalgic... like a seven year old me was screaming "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" inside me.

Bodzilla
February 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM
basically that^

~

t3h m00kz
February 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM
They probably did that to try and circumvent youtube's copyright scanners

You'd think they'd be able to scan it flipped.

Guess that'd be too good of an idea though.

STLRamsFan
February 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Glad to see him back for that, brings back so many memories when I used to watch it all the time. Probably gonna watch wrestlemania only to see him.

n00b1n8R
February 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
lol homoerotic ballerinas

Dwood
February 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
lol homoerotic ballerinas

ohmanohman ohman I remember that kind of stuff. I used to watch it but then I got into video games instead, heh.

Cortexian
February 23rd, 2011, 01:57 AM
Never understood how sport fighting was/is so popular. I find it one of, if not THE most boring things on television to watch... If you're going to learn how to fight, learn how to defend yourself in a practical manner with legitimate close combat techniques. Wrestling and shit is useless.

Bodzilla
February 23rd, 2011, 01:59 AM
i think you missed the entire point of wrestling limited.

it has absolutely nothing to do with fighting.

Cortexian
February 23rd, 2011, 02:06 AM
It has no point.

Is my point.

Bodzilla
February 23rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
no your looking at it learning how to fight ect.... i mean look at it, it's WWE where talking about here.

just take some time to ponder how silly that statement is.

if you said it about say UFC you could have a point, i dont agree with your point but it'd make sense.

TVTyrant
February 23rd, 2011, 03:11 AM
As a high school wrestler who had some success, I must say that collegiate/greco roman style wrestling in fact does teach you to fight. Real fights always end up on the ground (for me anyways...), and knowing how to instantly dislocate someones shoulder once they are on the ground is a useful skill. Pro wrestling is jut for the lol.

BTW, people from other countries watch this crap? I thought it was just us rednecks...

Cortexian
February 23rd, 2011, 03:46 AM
no your looking at it learning how to fight ect.... i mean look at it, it's WWE where talking about here.

just take some time to ponder how silly that statement is.

if you said it about say UFC you could have a point, i dont agree with your point but it'd make sense.
I'm referring to all fighting sports, WWE, UFC, whatever. And I'm not saying I'm looking at them to learn how to fight, I'm saying that the entire community around it is pointless. WWE is nothing but a stage show, and UFC is just glorified boxing.

Nothing competitive on TV that has to do with fighting has any kind of actual usefulness to it in any practical fight.

I also don't find ANY of these fighting sports/programs on TV amusing or entertaining. And I simply cannot grasp how anyone does. Fighting isn't something to be admired or sported in my opinion, it's something to be used when required to ensure your own, or others, safety from an aggressor. Do people watch wars for entertainment? Maybe in movies or documentaries and such, but the point isn't about the fighting then, it's about the history or looking cool while walking away from explosions.

As a high school wrestler who had some success, I must say that collegiate/greco roman style wrestling in fact does teach you to fight. Real fights always end up on the ground (for me anyways...), and knowing how to instantly dislocate someones shoulder once they are on the ground is a useful skill. Pro wrestling is jut for the lol.
Again, knowing some close combat myself, you try and stay off the ground as much as possible. Being able to dislocate and break limbs before either opponent hits the ground is the way to do it if you need to do it at all.

I took some Wado Kai Karate classes until I was 14 and gained a blue belt in it (5th of 10 belts), after that I wanted to try something more practical so I took close combat classes until I was 16. These are less about a specific type of martial arts and more about real-life scenarios in which you may need to defend yourself or others. There's no real ranking system for it, you learn some basic skills (mostly derived from military hand-to-hand training) and learn to apply them in practical situations.

My point here is that useful fighting skills should only be for defense, and they should be executed as quickly as possible. None of this swinging wide falcon-punch crap and then rolling around on the ground.

Bodzilla
February 23rd, 2011, 03:47 AM
you cant even group UFC and WWE together.

Cortexian
February 23rd, 2011, 03:50 AM
WWE has devolved into dick-measuring (well, muscle-measuring because their dicks are to small to measure to to 'roids), but it's still BASED on fighting compilation just like UFC.

Dwayne Johnson is a decent film actor, he should stick with that.

TVTyrant
February 23rd, 2011, 04:24 AM
WWE is not a sport. Fact. It is acting. Sorry to ruin it kids.

In a competition of mixed martial arts, wrestlers have always won historically. Go through the lists of UFC champs at any weight class. Lesnar? Wrestler. Silva? Wrestler. Chuck Liddell? Westler. Dan Henderson? Wrestler. Every single one was a top competitor at the NCAA level before joining USC. Yes, the ability to strike is very important to fighting sports, but the ability to grapple and use your body to get people out of position is the key to success in MMA.

As far as the marshal arts versus wrestling/UFC style goes for self defense, I totally agree. However, I can use my size and leverage to get people on the ground. I am not the type who can take blow after blow to the head, nor am I fast enough to do all kinds of crazy flips and tricks to grab people's arms before they can strike me. The small handful of physical conflicts I've been in, I've let the other person sucker punch me, and then I had their arm. Then they were on the ground with their shoulder straightened over their neck. Seems effective enough to defend myself to me.

Cortexian
February 23rd, 2011, 04:40 AM
If it's televised, and it involves fighting for entertainment (be it UFC, boxing, WWE, whatever the hell else you want), it bores me to death. That's all I'm trying to say on that fact.

For personal defense, I'm a fan of LINE (Linear In-fighting Neural-override Engagement) style moves for my personal defense. Basically everything I've tried to learn for self defense purposes revolves around pressure points, joint manipulation, choking, gouging, ripping, etc... From one of the manuals I have on the subject:

Close combat is at the opposite end of the combative spectrum from self-defense. Self-defense techniques repel and attack. Close combat techniques cause permanent bodily damage to the opponent with every attack and should end in the opponents death.

Obviously, unless I'm in a really bad situation there's no need to take it that far, but I try and incorporate as much of that as possible into self-defense style fighting when I get into tussles. My perspective is that if I get into a situation where I need to fight someone, I'm going to immobilize that person as fast as I can with whatever means I can so I can call the appropriate authorities or get out of harms way. With that said, I think I've only ever fought someone twice before and both times were when I was in the 12-16 year old range. Obviously nothing important at that age. I'd much rather talk down a situation or compromise some other way than get into a physical altercation.

Dwood
February 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Never understood how sport fighting was/is so popular. I find it one of, if not THE most boring things on television to watch... If you're going to learn how to fight, learn how to defend yourself in a practical manner with legitimate close combat techniques. Wrestling and shit is useless.

And?

Cortexian
February 27th, 2011, 03:45 AM
DU4TDGlbTz8

Best "wrestling" I've ever seen.

Bodzilla
February 27th, 2011, 04:50 AM
DU4TDGlbTz8

Best "wrestling" I've ever seen.
woah woah woah

are you saying wrestling is FAKE?
o46NoIWNiGI

Cortexian
February 27th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I meant what I said in the most literal fashion, I wasn't trying to make a sarcastic comment pointing out the fact that wrestling is fake. Everyone knows that.

TVTyrant
February 27th, 2011, 07:32 AM
duh?

jcap
March 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Reminds me of the South Park WTF episode.