PDA

View Full Version : Top Gun Anthem (Halo: Reach Music Video)

Elite Killa
February 21st, 2011, 05:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpdNjmG996Y

This is my second music video in Reach, with the first being "Cold-Blooded Christmas" which you can find on my channel.

Comment and critique!

Enjoy!

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
February 21st, 2011, 09:48 AM
Blocked for my country, for reasons only known to sony music entertainment. :smith:

Hotrod
February 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM
That was actually pretty sick! It had that Top Gun feel to it, good job!

Limited
February 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM
In my eyes Danger Zone is the Top Gun theme :D

NotZac
February 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
That was actually pretty sick! It had that Top Gun feel to it, good job!
Basically this. Cool video! It fit the song really well!

Elite Killa
February 21st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Blocked for my country, for reasons only known to sony music entertainment. :smith:
If you want, send me your e-mail in a private message and I can send you the wmv file so you can see it. :downs:

Basically this. Cool video! It fit the song really well!

Thanks! I was trying to obtain that Top Gun feel!

One of my best friends told me the exact opposite, though, and told me that it DIDN't fit the video, it feld dated (The song's over a quarter of a century old... [25 years]) and it was generic. I take criticism to heart, but for the first time I didn't understand what this criticism was trying to get at.

Warsaw
February 21st, 2011, 10:56 PM
Great video! I did bust out laughing at the end when "Danger Zone" was playing because as soon as I heard it, I just pictured Sterling Archer saying "Danger Zone!"

Cortexian
February 22nd, 2011, 12:29 AM
It was good until they broke atmosphere around 1:05 - 1:08, the space combat just didn't do it for me with the Top Gun theme. The video was nicely done though!

As a kid I loved Top Gun and everything military aviation related, joined the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, got my Private Pilots License and Glider License, and aimed towards getting into the Canadian Forces as a pilot. Unfortunately I don't have 20/20 vision and I refuse to get laser surgery (I know they rarely screw it up nowadays, but I'd rather have shitty vision than no vision) so that will never happen, to many people with 20/20 vision have priority over me. I think that's why I didn't like the space bit, went to far beyond the bounds of what Top Gun represented for aviators.

Elite Killa
February 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
It was good until they broke atmosphere around 1:05 - 1:08, the space combat just didn't do it for me with the Top Gun theme. The video was nicely done though!

As a kid I loved Top Gun and everything military aviation related, joined the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, got my Private Pilots License and Glider License, and aimed towards getting into the Canadian Forces as a pilot. Unfortunately I don't have 20/20 vision and I refuse to get laser surgery (I know they rarely screw it up nowadays, but I'd rather have shitty vision than no vision) so that will never happen, to many people with 20/20 vision have priority over me. I think that's why I didn't like the space bit, went to far beyond the bounds of what Top Gun represented for aviators.
Thanks for your constructive criticism. Your opinion is respected. :)

I will admit, though, this video was extremely hard for me to make. Trying to get that Top Gun feel with the space combat portion wasn't the easiest thing I ever attempted. It's not like I was able to permanently flip over my Saber, accurately hover over a seraph, hold a camera and take a picture (lol). Also, the space portion in Reach is very limited to only about five minutes tops; there's only so much you can do in that short amount of time.

What I said just now isn't bashing your opinion (everyone has a preference), I'm just stating the technical challenges I had to face. I either had to choose from a generic, cutscene-only music video or a video which consists of mostly original footage.