PDA

View Full Version : Weapon hud crosshairs

flyingmonkey3
February 27th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Has anyone tried to work with crosshairs of the charge and reload/overheat types? I can't seem to get the crosshair of a weapon to change when the weapon is charging and when it is overheating.

TVTyrant
February 27th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Do you mean moving crosshairs? I think I saw that once somewhere...

rerout343
February 27th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I could be wrong about this, but I think the only way to make an animated crosshair for CE, is to make it a part of the weapons first-person model and animate it manually.

Ro0ster
February 27th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Take a look at the crosshairs section of ui/hud/master plasma.weapon_hud_interface. Make a weapon hud interface like this but change the crosshair type to what you want. Then for your weapons weapon_hud_interface at the top where it says child hud, put in the master hud you made.

flyingmonkey3
March 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Well I just tried modifying the master hud and the result was the same. I'm beginning to think that the hud doesn't even detect when a weapon is charging or overheated.

Cloud
March 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Well I just tried modifying the master hud and the result was the same. I'm beginning to think that the hud doesn't even detect when a weapon is charging or overheated.

i dont think it does i know you can swap cross hairs change them and make them different sizes