PDA

View Full Version : Timo

Bodzilla
March 4th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Hasn't been seen since the quake, i've been asking eveyrone but we need to know if our mates alright.

Guys what info do we know on him, college, uni, last name, area he was staying, ect, we need to pool our knowledge and find out if our mates alright and if theres anything we can do for him.

i've got a vague recollection of him going to a uni or college and staying in a dorm, from a mate of mine in NZ apparently a college that was made out of stone in Christ church got levelled, but we aint giving up on our mate, lets find him and hopefully he's alive and well.

Help me guys.

Bodzilla
March 4th, 2011, 02:18 AM
muki said he had some stuff on deviant and he'd go on the IRC frmo time to time, ANYONE heard anything on him?????

=sw=warlord
March 4th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I heard that he's in hospital or something.

annihilation
March 4th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I think he goes to the University of Canterbury , which is in Christchruch
Damn, I hope he's okay.

ThePlague
March 4th, 2011, 12:48 PM
:C

TVTyrant
March 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
His profile says he was last on 4 days following the earthquake, but who knows what has happened since...

Anybody with an idea what his DeviantArt is called? That could be a huge clue...

Wiki says U of Canterbury was damaged badly enough that all the students had to transfer. Doesn't say anything about injuries or deaths or anything at the campus itself.

Wasnt as useful as I'd hoped...

New List http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4688789/Messages-for-the-missing Anyone know his last name? I found a Timothy Sears...

Google is extremely unhelpful on this btw...

Limited
March 4th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I know his last name, don't know if I should give it out.

His name is Tim and his last name begins with N and ends in N and its 5 letters long. Also it has a V in it. He does go to University of Canterbury though.

Okay thats enough without giving it fully out.

Btw
http://christchurch-2011.person-finder.appspot.com/

Kornman00
March 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I saw the words "Timo" at the index and thought it was a post by him. When I clicked the goto button I realized it was just a thread about him :mech:

The area he's in probably doesn't have a solid internet connection or he's dealing with family issues right now.

TVTyrant
March 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I found a couple of N Tims that are apparently missing... A Nicotera and a Nuku. If thats no him than I think he is safe...

=sw=warlord
March 4th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I found a couple of N Tims that are apparently missing... A Nicotera and a Nuku. If thats no him than I think he is safe...

I've found a Tim Nevin missing but apparently limited doesn't think it's him.

Limited
March 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Well thats not his name, and that dudes FB picture is nothing like Timo

InnerGoat
March 4th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I've found a Tim Nevin missing but apparently limited doesn't think it's him.

thats really close to his name if you go by his email. http://dwforums.navsplace.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=10

where is this list?

Limited
March 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ahh the very man himself! Yeah thats close to his name, but wasnt his name.

How you doing Timo?

Timo
March 4th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm fine guys, i've just been without a solid internet connection since the earthquake. Mobile internet is really expensive, so i've only been using it to check emails and keep up to date with the volunteering effort and the reopening of the university.

Luckily I live east of the CBD which is largely unaffected, and all of my friends and family are ok. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the city. The current death toll is around 170, with 220 expected. Half of the buildings in the CBD need to be demolished and tens of thousands are still without water, power and sewarage west of the CBD. To add to this around 150,000 tons of silt has erupted due to liquefaction west of the cbd, filling up the streets, as well ads the homes and backyards of the residents there as well. Most of which have only got back on their feet after the 7.1 that hit in September.

I appreciate the concern, but i'm fine. It would've been interesting to see if you guys could find me (or not), but once I got an email for bod wanting to add me on facebook, I figured I should pop in to see why.

Limited
March 4th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Well its great your okay Timo, I never really thought about it until Bod pointed it out :O Over here in crisis times we have a hotline setup we can ring to find out info, I'm not sure if theres one setup in NZ though.

Did you feel the quake? (I'm assuming you did).

InnerGoat
March 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Oh there you are :) Day feels better already~

annihilation
March 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Glad to see you're fine.

n00b1n8R
March 4th, 2011, 09:53 PM
best unmod on modacity survives woo woo

Siliconmaster
March 5th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Yaaay

Bodzilla
March 5th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Good job bro, glad to see your alright

MXC
March 5th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Phew.

STLRamsFan
March 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Glad to see you're alright dude. Hope things get better out there.

Now does this mean we start a "find rec0" thread? It's like that dude just disappeared without a trace out of the blue one day. :|

Limited
March 6th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Now does this mean we start a "find rec0" thread? It's like that dude just disappeared without a trace out of the blue one day. :|

No need, we know where rec0 is. Hes got a full time job being a scarecrow out on the Salisbury plains.

Warsaw
March 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM

He has a habit of doing that. It's cool.

phantoms
March 9th, 2011, 11:00 PM
i miss that rec0 fellow

Kornman00
July 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
BREAKING NEWS: 7.9-magnitude earthquake strikes off Kermadec Islands, near New Zealand - USGS

Just saw this bannered across the top of their site, thought I'd inform the masses (ie, modacity)

Siliconmaster
July 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
SAVE THE HOBBITS TIMO

But seriously, be safe Timo. D:

Guardian
July 7th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah I went and sat on a hill coz I was out at the beach and there was meant to be a tsunami, nothing, not even a surge.

Timo
July 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Get tsunami warnings often, I think this one ended up to be 30cm when it hit the top of NZ. More of a precaution just in case something big was on the way.

EX12693
July 8th, 2011, 02:50 AM
So.... a 1 foot tall tsunami. Hah.
Glad you're not dead. <3

Cortexian
July 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Timo died a long time ago guys

TVTyrant
July 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Timo died a long time ago guys
When he became Rossmum's Alt. :conspiracy:

Timo
July 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
heh, I thought you guys would've figured out by now that New Zealand doesn't have internet. I get paid by some guy over there that sends me floppies of photos he's taken to post online.

EX12693
July 9th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Floppies.
Hah.

Cortexian
July 11th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Floppies.
Hah.
How else do you think he gets such large resolution photos around? The 28k dial-up sure doesn't cut it.

TVTyrant
July 11th, 2011, 12:30 AM
A CD?

EX12693
July 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM
A flash drive?

Cortexian
July 11th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Guys they have 28k internet Floppies are magical to them don't hate

EX12693
July 11th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Portable SSD.