PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Burgers

STLRamsFan
March 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Never laughed so hard at a cartoon, thought it was so frecking funny... Actually no what am I saying, I think the whole show sucks! Does anyone actually find it remotely funny? I mean common, I usually change the channel to phineas and ferb (good show for a Disney creation I might add) because of how boring I've found it. What you think?

- via iPhone

Abdurahman
March 6th, 2011, 11:58 PM
i think it's boring and annoying. not as funny as family guy/american dad/cleveland show, although I think family guy has dropped off a bit, and cleveland show and especially american dad have really gotten better

annihilation
March 7th, 2011, 12:09 AM
The whole lineup sucks tbh.
The Simpsons is the only one that's still funny.

Kornman00
March 7th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Never heard of it but I just watched a promo on youtube. Had a few laughs.

MXC
March 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I kind of like it. Maybe it's because of Bob's voice actor, I don't know.

TVTyrant
March 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah that guy has played a role in like every animated sitcom ever. Every. Single. One.

The preview looked awful, but I saw some funny stuff. I might Hulu that shit when its available.

E: Went through and Hulu'd an episode. Was pretty funny. Hopefully Fox will give it time to devlope like American Dad got. It has some potential.

Bodzilla
March 7th, 2011, 06:20 PM
family guy, cleveland and american dad are all terrible shows.

Makes me feel retarded when i watch it cause they try to explain every refference they ever put in, rather then assuming i'm smart enough to get it.

MXC
March 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
family guy, cleveland and american dad are all terrible shows.

Makes me feel retarded when i watch it cause they try to explain every refference they ever put in, rather then assuming i'm smart enough to get it.

That, and every episode of the Simpsons has devolved into some 'Lisa's Story' bullshit with some boring moral at the end.

TVTyrant
March 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Family Guy you have to go to the classics. The first 5 seasons were awesome. American Dad is funny because they don't do the stupid references and there is some actual chartacter development, koth style. Not a huge Cleveland Show fan though.

ejburke
March 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I didn't like American Dad at first, but it grew on me, and now it's my favorite of the line-up. Animated comedies take a little while to hit their stride. I thought this past Bob's Burgers was pretty good. I would hate to see it muscle AD out of the line-up permanently, though.

Kornman00
March 7th, 2011, 09:43 PM
They could always do a File->Merge and have American Burgers :mech2:

annihilation
March 7th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I hate The Cleveland Show, all the characters look like they're dying of aids.

Dwood
March 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Show looks refreshing but I see it getting old really, really fast. We've had enough sex jokes on these cartoons to last us a lifetime.

Warsaw
March 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Shit, I just watch Sterling Archer and laugh my ass off. Forget any other animated funny.

TVTyrant
March 8th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Yeah Archer and American Dad are the best. "She's like some kind of slutty ninja!"

Abdurahman
March 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
haha this last episode of bob's burgers was hilarious

PenGuin1362
March 8th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Bobs burgers is horrendous. I tried watching the first few episodes and could only bear the first 5 minutes. All the characters are the same voice actor, if they did that to be funny it failed even worse. I love Family Guy and American Dad but I hate Cleveland show, it tried to hard I feel.

TVTyrant
March 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I have seen a couple Cleveland shows and they have their moments. Amercan Dad, Archer, Venture Brothers, Futurama, and KOTH are the best IMO.

n00b1n8R
March 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM
That, and every episode of the Simpsons has devolved into some 'Lisa's Story' bullshit with some boring moral at the end.
Apparently you never watched/liked old Simpsons either (they're all like that and better for it :downs:)

sevlag
March 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
i think with bob's burgers you have to have heard benjamin's voice in another animated sitcom to be funny

for me its the fact that at any moment i could easily replace bob's dialogue with coach Mcguirk's (from the series "Home Movies") or hell even jason from the same series

the show has its funny moments, its better than the Cleavland show, which HAS had a few good episodes (Mutton busting was one of them)

MXC
March 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Apparently you never watched/liked old Simpsons either (they're all like that and better for it :downs:)

Wait wait wait, what about the episode where Homer meets his brother and designs a car that's a complete flop? What was the moral? "If you ever meet your long lost twin brother, don't give him a job as a designer"? Nah, that's not a moral, that's situation comedy.

Or the episode where Barney is lent Homers car, who then proceeds to park it in between the World Trade Center buildings? Homer has to go to a city he despises, and at the end of the episode, has even more hatred for New York City than he did when he went in, despite everyone else loving it.(favorite episode of the entire run of the show, by the way)

TVTyrant
March 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM
coach Mcguirk

Someone else watched that show? Damn, I thought I was the only one.

sevlag
March 11th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Someone else watched that show? Damn, I thought I was the only one.
Home Movies was pretty funny

im just waiting to see if someone casts the two people who did walter and perry

TVTyrant
March 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Brendan has gotten re cast I think. IDK though, I only notice when I am watching a show. I don't follow there names too often.

n00b1n8R
March 12th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Wait wait wait, what about the episode where Homer meets his brother and designs a car that's a complete flop? What was the moral? "If you ever meet your long lost twin brother, don't give him a job as a designer"? Nah, that's not a moral, that's situation comedy.

Or the episode where Barney is lent Homers car, who then proceeds to park it in between the World Trade Center buildings? Homer has to go to a city he despises, and at the end of the episode, has even more hatred for New York City than he did when he went in, despite everyone else loving it.(favorite episode of the entire run of the show, by the way)
Those episodes are more modern than the ones I was refering to. I mean seasons 1-2ish.
I mean fucking Bleeding Gums Murphy.

Bodzilla
March 12th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Bleeding gums was god tier

Dwood
March 12th, 2011, 03:08 AM
What is this new simpsons it's the worst I've ever seen of the series. It's only gone down hill since the movie. What the heck is this disgusting crap.

Kornman00
March 12th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Idk, haven't paid the simpsons any mind for probably 5+ years now (I remember watching the new eps every Sunday night a decade ago too). If it's managed to survive a downed economy and outlive several underrated-then-canceled shows then there must be SOME kind of continued ratings for it. That or ~20mins of TV (ads filling the other 10mins) barely hits Fox's pocket book. It is still on Fox is it not?

TVTyrant
March 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah its still on Fox. They should retire it though. It has gone stale, and its just hurting itself now. Maybe three more seasons to make a multiple of five and thats it.

DRL333
March 12th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Never seen it, and never will as long as the line-up continues to suck. Family Guy, American Dad, and the Cleveland Show are the main reasons why I don't watch the line-up and the Simpsons is just not good anymore.

Patrickssj6
March 12th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Just watched some clips on YouTube..not really funny. I don't like Family Guy either for that matter.

I am satisfied by watching South Park and Mythbusters.