PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Trilogy Blu-Ray Amazon Pre-order $83.99

bfett9
March 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
LOTR nerds Rejoice...or not...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_37760_19078630_pe_01/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ASIN=B0026L7H20

Release Date: 2011-2012 expected.
Full break down of features available at amazon.com.

First Here is trailer for extended editions!
l7JpEyTNJ-I

Now my question is this. Will we get a release like we did the first time the extended editions came out. Which is that ONLY the extended editions but not the theatrical editions. Then a year later they released both together. On the amazon site they do not specify which dvd edition there refer to when stating which versions are available with the set. Also why is it that the extended edition gets NONE of the featurettes.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3484/lotree.png (http://img835.imageshack.us/i/lotree.png/)

Amit
March 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'd look for a more official source than Amazon. They are known for false information on rare occasions. I highly doubt that they don't have the space on the discs for the original extended edition content. Unless they pack one or two movies on the same disc. I really don't care for the featurettes anymore since I already have 9 discs of special features alone: I already have the three extended edition versions (bought seperately, not as a pack) and the theatrical DVDs, but the DVD quality really kills it for me on a large screen TV.

Depending on the size of each film, it'd be awesome if they included all three extended films on one 50GB Blu-Ray disc and drop the price of the product about $10-$15.

Siliconmaster
March 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
The info looks fairly reasonable to me. Pretty much a direct bluray version of the extended dvd set. Just what I expected, and I'll probably end up buying them. Because they are awesome.

Warsaw
March 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I want the Extended Blu-Ray for posterity. Great movies. I will knife any director who thinks he can do better in a remake.

Dwood
March 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I want the Extended Blu-Ray for posterity. Great movies. I will knife any director who thinks he can do better in a remake.

Perhaps in redoing the cg scenes so they actually look somewhat realistic?

Amit
March 8th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Perhaps in redoing the cg scenes so they actually look somewhat realistic?

Watch it in Blu-Ray, it looks realistic. The parts that I'd say didn't look fully real was probably when Legolas jumped on the back of the cave troll in Balin's Tomb and a few times with Smeagol. And remember, what is capable today may not have been all those years ago.

Cortexian
March 8th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I've got the "Platinum Series Special Extended Edition" DVD set with 4 DVD's per movie. 2 DVD's for the extended cuts (some special features on these as well), plus two disks of extras. The "Limited Extended Edition (Blu-ray)" set seems to be exactly the same thing as what I've got, only in Blu-ray 1080p glory.

I'll be buying it for sure, since it's free shipping (and I won't be in a hurry to get it after it's released) do you think I should order it for the 30% off pre-order Amazon is currently doing?

Dwood
March 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Watch it in Blu-Ray, it looks realistic. The parts that I'd say didn't look fully real was probably when Legolas jumped on the back of the cave troll in Balin's Tomb and a few times with Smeagol. And remember, what is capable today may not have been all those years ago.

The part with the elf lady doesn't look unrealistic? Oh and the part in the mines wasn't either? imo it's time for them to redo scenes where they relied most heavily on special effects, I'll guarantee you they still have the green screens from it all, too.

Amit
March 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM
They look realistic enough. Most people don't care and it wouldn't make sense to go back and do it now.

Dwood
March 12th, 2011, 09:51 PM
They look realistic enough. Most people don't care and it wouldn't make sense to go back and do it now.

You're right. But I think it is likely to happen in the next 3 or 4 years, tbh.