PDA

View Full Version : HPC Halo Combat Edition Server Help Please!

bobski101
March 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hi Guys and Gals!

This is my first time posting so I apologise if any of this is in the incorrect format.

I am trying to setup a Halo Combat Edition Server. I would like it to be running on my Windows Home Server (Windows 7). I would then like to be able to connect to it when at friends houses etc..

I have installed and ran the Haloded.exe file and that all works but I cannot get it to show in the server list and/or be able to connect to it via Direct IP.

Is anyone able to help me please?

Many Thanks
Me

Cortexian
March 8th, 2011, 03:21 PM
The entire server-list has been down for a bit here. I suggest you wait for it to come back before doing any further testing.

That said, if you can't connect using Direct IP you need to ensure that haloded.exe is allowed through any Firewall software you may have installed on your server and you will need to forward ports 80, 2302, and 2303 thorough any networking hardware you may have (like a router).

bobski101
March 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Ahh ok thank you. I am not too bothered about the server list. So I should just forward all of them ports and it should work?

Thanks Very Much!

Rainbow Dash
March 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
More or less.

If you're having trouble with connecting to it on the same pc, change your halo ports to 2203 and 2204.

Also, server list has been working all day here afaik.

bobski101
March 9th, 2011, 02:48 AM
How do i change the halo ports?

supersniper
March 9th, 2011, 08:03 AM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4825