PDA

View Full Version : Defiant Map Pack: Behind The Scenes

Limited
March 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
VxwR9Gd1vpk

Love it, it draws some of the best map elements from Halo 1, I really didnt care for the first map pack, this one however I love the look of all 3 maps.

Hotrod
March 9th, 2011, 02:55 PM
The maps look pretty amazing if you ask me, can't wait to get my hands on them!

PlasbianX
March 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I think they definitely nailed the aesthetics right on the head on these. I love at the end how they basically showed the progression of reach with the settings of the map. One is before the fall of reach in the mining complex, one is as its happening in the training grounds, then the last has the view of reach burning from the space station. Gameplay looks like its gonna be solid too.

Unfortunately, i don't play reach enough anymore to justify buying this. All i seem to play is MvC3

annihilation
March 9th, 2011, 11:33 PM
They look really well made. I will definitely get these. If only I wasn't 300 mspts short.

Spartan094
March 10th, 2011, 05:47 AM
They look really well made. I will definitely get these. If only I wasn't 300 mspts short.
You think your short, I only have 11 MS points.

But still I will buy this map pack, looks really good.

Kornman00
March 10th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I stocked up on 1600MSP for my gamertag change and for this upcoming map pack D:

Spartan094
March 10th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I stocked up on 1600MSP for my gamertag change and for this upcoming map pack D:
I wish they made it so once every so many months they made it free to change your gamertag but no they are greedy bastards....

Meh I still got enough money on my Discover gift card to buy MS points. So I'm set.

sevlag
March 10th, 2011, 07:11 AM
whelp ima go change my tag and buy useless DLC because i fucking can

on a more serious topic i'll get the defiant map pack as soon as i get the cash to do so

Kornman00
March 10th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I wish they made it so once every so many months they made it free to change your gamertag but no they are greedy bastards....
Yeah, or at least once every year like with the content transfers :\. Seriously, they need to go to a real subscription based form of XBL "gold", where you get charged for all the actual additional shit (ie, non-game and non-already-paid-for services. already paid services being like netflix) you use. Fuckers.

Limited
March 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I got the last map pack for free, so crossing my fingers this time!

Luzaphant
April 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
wow, i havent bought the maps yet becuase I thought they were going to suck, but they look awsome

paladin
April 30th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I think how at the end they were talking about how involved they with the community and how they draw inspiration from it. GIVE US GOD DAMN MODDING TOOLS and we would hands down produces better shit.

Good vid though

Spartan094
April 30th, 2011, 05:03 PM
GIVE US GOD DAMN MODDING TOOLS
Halo 2 Vista!

owai :<

Kornman00
April 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM
also, DONT FORGET THE TAGS

Yeah, they can't have the community showing up their paid staff, with stuff done in their free time.

Spartan094
April 30th, 2011, 05:08 PM
also, DONT FORGET THE TAGS
Give us the tags, or masterz bitch ge...wait wrong thread

And yeah the community should be able to do their own shit. That's what would make any game better, modding tools and the ability to make a map from the ground up or do something like what TimeSplitters did...I liked making virus maps with the most random pieces heh.

Like release modding tools with the tags in a non-fucked up way and the can be user submitted and only like the more better ones acutely get a place.

Of course that would be free now wouldn't it and the game could really only make profit by just physically selling a copy.

Kornman00
May 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, we'd be interfering with their DLC income. The suits upstairs wouldn't like that.

There are still ways to make it work and make money (eg, a tool subscription) if they're that fucking rawwwwwwwwwwwww about it, but that requires :effort:. Kinda hard for an industry to make any real effort :effort: when it's so scared to take :leapsoffaith:

paladin
May 2nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah, we'd be interfering with their DLC income. The suits upstairs wouldn't like that.

There are still ways to make it work and make money (eg, a tool subscription) if they're that fucking rawwwwwwwwwwwww about it, but that requires :effort:. Kinda hard for an industry to make any real effort :effort: when it's so scared to take :leapsoffaith:

way to take what I said verbatim. Just because I said it with mac n jacks in me doesnt me you can steal my quotes

Kornman00
May 2nd, 2011, 10:20 PM
My Redmond Sunset trumps your mac n jacks :saggy:

paladin
May 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
your foo foo fairy drinks are for vaginas