PDA

View Full Version : Halo Dedicated server app flying vehicles

Cloud
March 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.xfire.com/video/42fec7/

just a first test run.
video thanks to my buddy pac.

I need to fix the syncing i have a few ideas for that though shouldn't be a problem.

xD im guessing ill get alot of hate comments like always but its ok. i still love you guys xD

Cortexian
March 15th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Do this with a map instead of a server app, then it won't be all laggy and unplayable.

Amit
March 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Im guessing he wants the ability to turn off the flying if he's using an app?

Cloud
March 15th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Do this with a map instead of a server app, then it won't be all laggy and unplayable.

yeah i was thinking about that but i think i figured out why it was laggy. Its not syncing correctly but i might be able to force it to. Also made a client side app that allowed it to be smooth and normal

Cortexian
March 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
If the server and client are both running the app, then yeah it won't be laggy like that. This brings up the problem that players without the client app won't see the correct effects and such, same as modded maps. It's basically a bad idea.

Not to mention that this has been done many years ago, I remember seeing basic BG mods for Halo PC back when Halo CE wasn't even out yet.

Cloud
March 16th, 2011, 03:49 AM
If the server and client are both running the app, then yeah it won't be laggy like that. This brings up the problem that players without the client app won't see the correct effects and such, same as modded maps. It's basically a bad idea.

Not to mention that this has been done many years ago, I remember seeing basic BG mods for Halo PC back when Halo CE wasn't even out yet.

and thats why i do it because there are none in halo ce and i missed the old halo pc modding days. I would play pc but more people play 1.00

Cortexian
March 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
As long as you keep your mods to 1.00 I don't really care, the people that play there are children that can't afford to by the game, or foreigners that don't speak English and know any better. They'll probably appreciate it since they're to stupid to find any decent maps on their own.

Cloud
March 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
As long as you keep your mods to 1.00 I don't really care, the people that play there are children that can't afford to by the game, or foreigners that don't speak English and know any better. They'll probably appreciate it since they're to stupid to find any decent maps on their own.

yeah if anything youll find maybe one SmG server on 1.09 but i doubt it. Unless we get a request from a clan member them im not going to be hosting there. Not enough people and =DG= has it handled with there servers anyways. On 1.00 it seems like on the weekends theres more people than servers lol. I hosted one on 1.09 and saw it never got used i just shut it down.