PDA

View Full Version : H2V No changes show up in Halo 2!

Garanas
March 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Okay, so I've been trying to "mod" some things, like changing a visor,
(source: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22120-Hud-Tutorial-1-large-amout-of-pics)
and changing the bitmap of a crate, which works fine in Sapien. But when I package my map, everything is back to default, while the packager does load the different bitmaps of the crate!

What am I doing wrong?

leorimolo
March 22nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Okay, so I've been trying to "mod" some things, like changing a visor,
(source: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22120-Hud-Tutorial-1-large-amout-of-pics)
and changing the bitmap of a crate, which works fine in Sapien. But when I package my map, everything is back to default, while the packager does load the different bitmaps of the crate!

What am I doing wrong?
Biped tags get skipped by TOOL, so you cant really mod them.

Garanas
March 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I never said that I was trying to change biped tags, just the bitmaps of the crate models. (if I'm wrong, then I'm sorry that I don't understand completely and that you're right)

but, on that tutorial the guy was able to change the visor, then why isn't my own visor coming up?

Resinball
March 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
HUD changes require the MainMenu Mod (http://www.monstrmoose.com/MMM/).

Shock120
March 22nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
requireaww, damn that's retarded :(

Goldkilla
March 22nd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Biped tags get skipped by TOOL, so you cant really mod them.

I'm sorry but that was a fail.

Garanas
March 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Okay, so I have that MMM Patch now, and the patch seems to work also.
But now, I can't load 2 of the "Slot" maps, (3 and 4), which are probably one of mine.
Is there a fix for that or?

And, everyone who wants to play my map, requires the mod too right?
And since none of the public gamers actually have this mod, my map won't get played probably.

Resinball
March 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
It really helps to read the readme sometimes (all times).

Slot3 and Slot4.map are not included. They can be downloaded or you said slots for your own maps. Some people have the mod but none of them have your map, how would they if you never released it?

Garanas
March 24th, 2011, 08:51 AM
It really helps to read the readme sometimes (all times).

Slot3 and Slot4.map are not included. They can be downloaded or you said slots for your own maps. Some people have the mod but none of them have your map, how would they if you never released it?

Maybe I really should read the readme.txt files :p, so I just name my map then "Slot 3/4"?

And yes, I haven't released my map yet, because it isn't finished ;), but I mean: You can't download it ingame, so getting people who aren't into mapping or don't know of the mod, simply will never played it.
Meaning, for so far it isn't really usefull to make maps with a new hud, since maybe 1/10 of the people you see in Halo 2 has this mod.

Well, I'm just going to experiment more with it ;), thanks for answering.

Resinball
March 24th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, that is correct. Just rename any map to say Slot3.map. If you do not have extensions (the .map or .exe or .txt part) turned on then you will not see the .map part.

Sadly no-one besides Kant has made much progress with HUDs as for the reason you stated. I have been working on a MMM map pack that would include new maps/weapons/vehicles and HUDs if anyone is willing to make a few new ones.

leorimolo
March 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm sorry but that was a fail.
Elaborate? I changed some markers to my bipdes, and tool would just not compile the changes. How is anything I said not valid? It wasnt his problem, but there is truth to what I said.

Kornman00
March 25th, 2011, 12:12 AM
In multiplayer scenarios, Tool externally references shared tags. The masterchief biped is one of those shared tags. This is why such tags aren't built into the cache file and why any changes you make to the actual source tags won't ever be reflected in the resulting maps.

supersniper
March 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM
you would have to modify them to the shared_multiplayer.map if you want them to show up in your custom map
which right now isn't possible.

Garanas
March 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Yes, that is correct. Just rename any map to say Slot3.map. If you do not have extensions (the .map or .exe or .txt part) turned on then you will not see the .map part.

Sadly no-one besides Kant has made much progress with HUDs as for the reason you stated. I have been working on a MMM map pack that would include new maps/weapons/vehicles and HUDs if anyone is willing to make a few new ones.

I'm willing to try to make a custom hud for a map, I've found some tutorials on this site here and there that could help me with it :)
Would be a challenge!

I'm just wondering, but I've managed to get a .jms file into a .gbx_model and then used the model upgrader to get it to a .render_model, but when I use it for a crate, Sapien and the packager crashes.
Is there a way to avoid this? and make custom crates?

Resinball
March 25th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yes it is possible, but if it is not the same size as an existing crate you will have issues with the collision and physics models.

Korn has unlocked the ability to compile .JMS collision and physics so when he releases that info it would be much easier to make one.

The GBX Model Upgrader has to be fed the right info. After it spits out the new render_model it needs to be adapted to H2V (shaders, textures, etc).

Here is an example weapon Max file prepared for the upgrading process: http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalone/Custom_Data_+_Tags/Data/objects/H3/weapons/%5bDATA%5d_H3_Assault_Rifle_MA5C.zip

KantIZBack
April 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
What if some one was to remove the shared maps...

EDIT: Nvm

BTW that hud tut was mine :D