PDA

View Full Version : HPC Phasor [Open Source]

urbanyoung
April 2nd, 2011, 02:11 AM
Hi,

I'm bored and don't feel like doing any more physics, so I'm here. I want to make a quick post about a program I've made, released and open sourced. It's called Phasor and is a server mod for Halo PC 1.09. I don't have any screenshots as looking at a console is only so interesting.

Basically Phasor has two parts. The first part is its core, it includes all the hooks I use, low level processing and Phasor's internal commands. The second part is a scripting system that utilizes Lua 5.14. Phasor notifies scripts when various events happen during the game. These include weapon creation, player spawn, join, leave, damage lookup; the list goes on. Some events are only notifications whereas others can return values to change execution (or well, values for the execution). It was made with C++ (no external libraries, although you may need a few Lua files) in Visual Studio 2008.

Using scripts one can make various gametype modifications, you may have seen a few zombie servers running on Phasor. I tried to aim scripts at people without programming knowledge. However, because the whole project is open source you can modify all the internal stuff too. A few things aren't very optimized (and could be done using formatting) but it works well enough. I don't have much time left to support it due to uni, but maybe others will want to build off it. I don't know. I'm just telling you that it's there, what you choose to (not) do is up to you.

The project isn't dead though, I will still release a few new builds. I have a working prototype for dynamic object creation (and deletion) but it's not ready to be included in a release build.

You can download Phasor directly from here (http://www.mediafire.com/?4lt3k3t2v2z8264) or go to the gay little blog I use to release it which is here (http://haloapps.wordpress.com/). Included in the download is a compiled binary, the source code, a user's guide, scripter's guide and a bit of basic info about how Halo handles stuff.

Cortexian
April 2nd, 2011, 02:25 AM
Very interesting! I'll look into setting up a zombies server with this to get myself introduced to the app and let you know how I liked it!

Limited
April 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Nice work Oxide, been watching this project for a while ;)

sleepy1212
April 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
are you smiley or just friends with smiley and wombat?

flyingmonkey3
April 6th, 2011, 07:42 AM
He isn't me; he just knows us. For one thing he's definitely better at reverse engineering than I am. =P

sleepy1212
April 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
i thought maybe you learned something :P

how's the app? i didn't see anything at PR, looks like a bomb went off over there, thought you might post about a new toy if you were messing with it.

flyingmonkey3
April 6th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Wombat is messing with it and posting about it. Somewhat. I'm also doing the same but with a different group.
This forum (http://phasor.proboards.com/index.cgi) might be of interest to you if you want to talk about Phasor.

Hr3shy
April 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
would be nice to have instalation instructions. i dont know if i should put it in my HPC directory or make a new folder :\ also some one should convert this to HCE :)

flyingmonkey3
April 6th, 2011, 07:57 PM
You place the .dlls in the Halo Server directory.

All the other files and folders (scripts, admin access, etc) go in the same folder where the banlist normally is.

urbanyoung
April 7th, 2011, 03:55 AM
would be nice to have instalation instructions. i dont know if i should put it in my HPC directory or make a new folder :\ also some one should convert this to HCE :)

There's a readme (Phasor.pdf) for a reason.