Gun Zoom
Some sound errors
Some shader/UV errors
Some lighting problems

http://i6.tinypic.com/5yummap.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/53ae4aw.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/4xpzm9i.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/4v3lfsx.jpg

It's on FileFront for now, with 7z compression to bring it down to 14 mb. (WinRar can open).

I know for a fact this will probably not be played much, at all infact, but, if anyone does, could you list any other things I should fix, or add on?

So far, it's a ladder change that will come, and rubble around the cave holes.

http://files.filefront.com/Valkryie_.../fileinfo.html (http://files.filefront.com/Valkryie_Beta7z/;7471604;/fileinfo.html)

Oh, and people with Intel cards will see the glow differently. Lens Flares are not handled the same on them.

megaxp
May 9th, 2007, 04:35 PM
looks!!
thx u!

Zemious
May 9th, 2007, 05:19 PM
It looks really good. :3

Is their a history to the map, such as it being a UNSC base or somthing?

SuperSunny
May 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Nah, I could make one, it would suit it nicely, but I guess it's up to the players to create one with their own imagination! Just as I had made this.

Darkbiship
May 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM
whats with the FOV?

SuperSunny
May 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
90, generally/overall much better. Improved sight, improved ability to spot people, greater depth.

ExAm
May 9th, 2007, 07:45 PM
^he gets it. I have my FoV set to the Xbox Horizontal Split Screen type whenever I play Halo at all.

demonmaster3k
May 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
nice but it needs a custom weaponset (i always hated the classic)

Elite Killa
May 9th, 2007, 08:44 PM
^ agreed. But not a H2 weapon. Something a little more original will be nice.

ExAm
May 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Broken reflection on the top floor, mister Sharma.

SuperSunny
May 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Broken reflection on the top floor, mister Sharma.

Ah indeed I forgot to list that, coming in the fixes soon

Zemious
May 9th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I love the reflection in the water.. o_o

If I had to say what gametype would be perfect in this map, it'd definintly be Slayer, Juggernaunt or Oddball.
The maps not symmetrical at all.

Sever
May 9th, 2007, 10:35 PM
You can jump in the middle room while looking down through the window and see the floors on the first level.

SuperSunny
May 9th, 2007, 11:00 PM
You can jump in the middle room while looking down through the window and see the floors on the first level.

Already quoted as being fixed

ExAm
May 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Hey, could you send me the multipurpose for the assault rifle there? I'd like to put that in the shader restoration pack when I get the chance. It's the original one, right?

DaneO'Roo
May 10th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I can't extract it with winrar or 7zip.......

SuperSunny
May 10th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Hey, could you send me the multipurpose for the assault rifle there? I'd like to put that in the shader restoration pack when I get the chance. It's the original one, right?

Yep, same with the flag pole, one of the mods I did back in the PC days. If you have the HEK installed, you can just HEK+ extract it out, or download the tags over at Halomaps. If you don't, well, yep, I'll be on AIM in a bit.

SuperSunny
May 10th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I can't extract it with winrar or 7zip.......

It should extract fine? odd, reinstall winrar?

Sever
May 10th, 2007, 07:06 AM
I got the same problem. Here's how to get around it though. When it pops up the window saying you need to purchse winrar, it should also pop up a winrar window with 3 items in it, one being the map, and another being a readme. Just click and drag the wanted items to your desktop.

ExAm
May 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Yep, same with the flag pole, one of the mods I did back in the PC days. If you have the HEK installed, you can just HEK+ extract it out, or download the tags over at Halomaps. If you don't, well, yep, I'll be on AIM in a bit.
I have the HEK, I just don't know how to use it. I'm too lazy to learn how right now. Maybe I'll try during the summer. What's youre AIM screen name? I don't see a little AIM button under your name.

=(KOH)=will
May 15th, 2007, 08:09 AM
i dont know about u but i dont like this map.:(

SuperSunny
May 15th, 2007, 09:56 PM
i dont know about u but i dont like this map.:(

Could you be more specific?

Zemious
May 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM
What about it do you not like?

Ralex123
May 22nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
I've had this map for a while now, never seen anyone play it :confused2: It is said to be a good map, I really think it is (haven't played it yet :mad:). Nice job, keep up the work.
P.S. I'm stupid, what does FOV mean again?

SuperSunny
May 23rd, 2007, 05:39 AM
I've had this map for a while now, never seen anyone play it :confused2: It is said to be a good map, I really think it is (haven't played it yet :mad:). Nice job, keep up the work.
P.S. I'm stupid, what does FOV mean again?

Field of View. How much you see around you. Yea, blah, most maps are actually unplayed (custom ones, except for Coldsnap, Hugeass, and Yoyorast Island). I've seen this one, once or twice, but that's about it. Thank you!

keilg2
May 23rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
personally i dont like this map...

But why is it on the front page of halomaps on the "featured" section. the game play is no good and no one plays it. to me its a noobie map

SuperSunny
May 23rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Once again, I need to know, what don't you like about it? I've been making maps for the last 3 years, so whatever improvements are needed, I will listen to.

Hurrvish
May 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM

But why is it on the front page of halomaps on the "featured" section. the game play is no good and no one plays it. to me its a noobie mapway to fail... again

Xegrot
May 23rd, 2007, 07:50 PM
I just noticed that all the newbies around here loath this map... (I am not one of those people, luckily.) What's not to like about it?! It's beautifully lit and completely original! It's great, and anyone who thinks otherwise should:

Die.

klange
May 23rd, 2007, 08:07 PM

But why is it on the front page of halomaps on the "featured" section. the game play is no good and no one plays it. to me its a noobie map
Please, go -EXPLETIVE- yourself.

Now, I'm too lazy to repeat what others have said, so you can read their posts for yourself.

WolfenRage
May 23rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
90, generally/overall much better. Improved sight, improved ability to spot people, greater depth.
How do you change the FOV in Halo CE/PC , I noticed Halo PC doesn't have the same FOV as the Xbox version. Does the Xbox use 90?
Thanks in advance

BTW this map is excellent

SuperSunny
May 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Well, normally, you would just edit the .biped file and change the Camera Field of View to 90 in Guerilla, but oddly, that does not work. I had to go back to the old PC modding ways, by changing the header code to a PC map, editing it in HMT with the biped plugins, (of course, after the map is compiled), and converting back to CE.

It seems to go back to 70 upon compiling.

ExAm
May 24th, 2007, 01:23 AM
One of Noobin8r's rare, good points there.

DOMINATOR
May 24th, 2007, 01:33 AM
gameplay is horrible. one path to the other flag... come on man this is no better than a long hall with flags at each end. its kind of like a 3 leveled figure 8 which is bad.

put a level above the blue flag(top level) with a teleporter from bottom level to top. put a second entrance to the middle floor.

BTW did you make that little red emergency light that rotates? that thing is awesome. release maybe?

Timo
May 24th, 2007, 04:39 AM
The light at the top of this picture?
http://i13.tinypic.com/4xpzm9i.jpg
You should be able to find it in this folder: tags\levels\a10\devices\alert_light, if not, grab it from a10.map with HEK+

DOMINATOR
May 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
You should be able to find it in this folder: tags\levels\a10\devices\alert_light, if not, grab it from a10.map with HEK+

oh, thank you!

Duck_Season
May 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
The map is too small, its not good for team games. I agree the top team has total advantage. I would add a teleporter for quicker movement from top to bottom. You just have a bottle neck with the ladder the only want to go uptop. I would say just take all nades out to make it more of a fair game.

SuperSunny
May 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
The map is too small, its not good for team games. I agree the top team has total advantage. I would add a teleporter for quicker movement from top to bottom. You just have a bottle neck with the ladder the only want to go uptop. I would say just take all nades out to make it more of a fair game.

Kk, so nades, and teles.

Ralex123
June 10th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I mean no offense to you SuperSunny. I think it would be a good map with some edits. It is waaaay toooooo small. I started a game and started walking around for 2 minutes, and then I thought (THATS IT?!?!?!?!?@#?). It was weird. I think it needs to be a bit bigger and needs more tunnels. You could kill and find anyone in a few seconds

Terin
June 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah, basically the map is a single loop, and then one way path with a tunnel for effect. Althought it is visually awesome.

RandomVietBoy
June 12th, 2007, 12:46 AM
can u put like more room on the next one

SuperSunny
June 12th, 2007, 03:06 PM
can u put like more room on the next one

Yes indeed I can

Patrickssj6
June 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I mean no offense to you SuperSunny. I think it would be a good map with some edits. It is waaaay toooooo small. I started a game and started walking around for 2 minutes, and then I thought (THATS IT?!?!?!?!?@#?). It was weird. I think it needs to be a bit bigger and needs more tunnels. You could kill and find anyone in a few seconds
Well this is not coldsnap...

SMASH
June 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Well this is not coldsnap...

Totally, but I still think that if he makes a room to the "left" side of both top and bottom, then symettried it. It would make it larger, by about 2X and lessen the choke points, where nades fly.