PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised nobody posted this: Doctor who 2011

=sw=warlord
April 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm surprised nobody posted about this but the first episode of this years dual series was aired today and I personally just got done watching it.
Warning, the beginning is the most extreme yet and the ending was just as weird.

questions to be answered:
Who was in the spacesuit who killed the doctor?

Who are these aliens?

Why is there a tardis being built?

Is Riversong actually Pond as been speculated since last year?

n00b1n8R
April 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Dual series?

=sw=warlord
April 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Dual series?

They're having two series this year, each 7 episodes each.

Warsaw
April 24th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I'm surprised nobody posted about this but the first episode of this years dual series was aired today and I personally just got done watching it.
Warning, the beginning is the most extreme yet and the ending was just as weird.

questions to be answered:
Who was in the spacesuit who killed the doctor?

Who are these aliens?

Why is there a tardis being built?

Is Riversong actually Pond as been speculated since last year?

That was intense. The writing has improved ten-fold since Davies left. I wish Moffat had written more for Tennant's stay, because it would have been more enjoyable.

Spoilers!

My guess is that it was River in the space suit. Remember how in the previous series when she said she killed the best man she'd ever known. As for Amy being River, no. The Doctor didn't know everything about Amy when he met her. If that is the direction they are headed, they are pulling it off very badly.

That "proto-TARDIS" was also in the previous series. It needed a pilot. I have no idea what's going on with it. I thought that only the Daleks and the Time Lords were capable of time travel. Not sure how the Daleks do it, but I do know that Time Lords are the only ones with access to the Rassilon Imprimatur.

=sw=warlord
April 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
That was intense. The writing has improved ten-fold since Davies left. I wish Moffat had written more for Tennant's stay, because it would have been more enjoyable.

Spoilers!

My guess is that it was River in the space suit. Remember how in the previous series when she said she killed the best man she'd ever known.

That "proto-TARDIS" was also in the previous series. It needed a pilot. I have no idea what's going on with it. I thought that only the Daleks and the Time Lords were capable of time travel. Not sure how the Daleks do it, but I do know that Time Lords are the only ones with access to the Rassilon Imprimatur.

I'm thinking maybe if river was in the space suit then maybe when she shot the doctor, it was the first time she had met him or close to it.
My curiosity peaked when she said about having far worse days ahead of her and how when she finally met her doctor it might end up killing her.
Indeed it it did kill her but the doctor who was there then, had only just met her.

As for this tardis deal, The Daleks had a time manipulator which was first shown in resurrection of the Daleks and again in Remembrance of the Daleks, shortly after Skaro was destroyed the Timewar begun.
Hell I'd love to see this scene made canon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HeKm6dkh-8&feature=player_detailpage#t=46s

Limited
April 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Dr Who? Are you kidding me? We had that 30 min discussion on why Dr Who was crap, and turns out you watch it?

=sw=warlord
April 24th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Dr Who? Are you kidding me? We had that 30 min discussion on why Dr Who was crap, and turns out you watch it?
I don't even want to hear it from you.
You watch a punch of pussies kicking a leather bag of gas around a field for an hour.

Warsaw
April 24th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Better writing than most shows. Even when RTD was in charge.

If that was River first meeting the Doctor...River is Amy's possible daughter? Also, we already saw River meeting her Doctor. It did kill her.

=sw=warlord
April 24th, 2011, 03:27 PM
If that was River first meeting the Doctor...River is Amy's possible daughter? Also, we already saw River meeting her Doctor. It did kill her.

If river is amy's possible daughter...that could be awkward considering how much amy has tried bedding the doctor and how much it seems that river is somehow in a intimate relationship with the doctor, she's certainly leaving a lot of spoilers, hand cuffs, being a screamer, knowing his name, knowing other personal details and so such.

Luzaphant
April 24th, 2011, 09:35 PM
If river is amy's possible daughter...that could be awkward considering how much amy has tried bedding the doctor and how much it seems that river is somehow in a intimate relationship with the doctor, she's certainly leaving a lot of spoilers, hand cuffs, being a screamer, knowing his name, knowing other personal details and so such.

Is river a person? idk but with the basic theme of Doctor Who , im guessing she is some sort of anomaly in space like she is the result of a rip to a separate universe that her being must have got caught in well doctor travels through space time

im not a doctor who fan so thats why I asked who river was

edit i skipped the thread text :(

Hotrod
April 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Doctor Who is amazing. 'nuff said

And I just watched the new episode, man, it was so intense...Though I must say, I really do hate two part episodes...

Warsaw
April 25th, 2011, 01:51 AM
What? No, football (soccer). I don't even see how that was supposed to be funny...

=sw=warlord
May 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
So next weeks episode is called "The Doctors Wife".
From what the BBC has officially released, this involves a Timelord distress signal being picked up by the Tardis.
Notable characters include someone called Idris.
The last time we had a episode with the prefix "The Doctors" was when his clone Daughter was introduced.

Sources state that River song is Pond's Daughter, yet at the same time, River is the Doctors Wife.
The girl is obviously Timelord due to her regenerating at the end of the second episode, I've heard that this was Amy's Daughter, this begs the question, Why is she a Timelord and how did Amy get impregnated if not by Rory?