PDA

View Full Version : HCE Armor Lock (WIP)

tylerp14
April 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Im making a Armor Lock with help of some people, its finished but i need to make it work for 16 players. Can somebody write this script below to work for 2 extra players? So 3 players all together. If somebody can do do that for me I could figure out how to do 16 players if somebody writes it for 3 players to use in-game, I have 2 beta testers ready to try it with me, just have to wait until I get a script for 2 extra players.

This is for the Host for MP/SP armor lock:

(global short p0flashlight 0)
(global short p0charge 0)
(global short limit 15)
(global boolean p0alock 0)

(script static "unit" player
(unit (list_get (players) 0))
)

(script static "void" effectsmall
(effect_new_on_object_marker "armor_ability\lock\discharge small" (player) "body")
)
(script static "void" effectmedium
(effect_new_on_object_marker "armor_ability\lock\discharge medium" (player) "body")
)
(script static "void" effectlarge
(effect_new_on_object_marker "armor_ability\lock\discharge large" (player) "body")
)

(script continuous P0a
(sleep_until (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (player)) 1)
(set p0alock 1)
(unit_set_desired_flashlight_state (player) 0)
(sleep 30)
(sleep_until (or (= (vehicle_test_seat_list p0lock "crouch2" (players)) 0) (> p0flashlight limit)) 1)
(set p0alock 0)
)

(script continuous P0b
(sleep_until (= p0alock 1) 1)
(set rider_ejection 0)
(object_create_anew p0lock)
(objects_attach (player) "body" p0lock "body")
(objects_detach (player) p0lock)
(vehicle_load_magic p0lock "" (player))
(sleep 30)
(sleep_until (= p0alock 0) 1)
(vehicle_unload p0lock "")
(set rider_ejection 1)
(sleep 10)
(object_destroy p0lock)
)

(script continuous flashlightupdates
(sleep 30)
(if (or (= p0alock 1) (vehicle_test_seat_list p0lock "crouch2" (players)))
(begin (set p0flashlight (+ p0flashlight 1)) (set p0charge (+ p0charge 1)) )
(set p0flashlight (- p0flashlight 1))
)
)

(script continuous remove
(sleep_until (= (vehicle_test_seat_list p0lock "crouch2" (players)) 0) 1)
(object_destroy p0lock)
(if (> p0charge 3) (begin
(if (< p0charge 8) (effectsmall)
(if (< p0charge 12) (effectmedium) (effectlarge)
))
))
(set p0charge 0)
(sleep_until (= (vehicle_test_seat_list p0lock "crouch2" (players)) 1) 1)
)
(script continuous lolololol
(sleep_until (unit_get_current_flashlight_state p0lock) 1)
(vehicle_unload p0lock "")
)Thanks if somebody can write it to work for 2 extra players for me.

Kornman00
April 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM
1. You don't need to/shouldn't quote the return type of a script
2. You should use indention so your code is easier to read. You're using code bbcode blocks so I'm assuming it wasn't lost in translation.
3. The flashlight state of a biped/unit isn't sync
4. Title is a bit misleading and, in the context of this thread, shouldn't be in the release forum.

chrisk123999
April 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Constantly turning on and off rider ejection could lead lots of problems in multiplayer. Just leave it on or off the entire time.

tylerp14
April 24th, 2011, 07:56 PM
1. I need help on this, making it work for MP.
2. I will be releasing it here when i get this fixed.
3. I dont really see anybody else trying to perfect Armor Lock so...

Cortexian
April 24th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Moved/renamed to be more appropriate to the current state.

3. I dont really see anybody else trying to perfect Armor Lock so...
Cause it's a bad mechanic lol.

Kornman00
April 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Constantly turning on and off rider ejection could lead lots of problems in multiplayer. Just leave it on or off the entire time.
Especially since script globals aren't sync'd to begin with, which could lead to some major problems in this script's case.

Cause it's a bad mechanic lol.
Freelancer, I thought you've never even played Reach before :eyesroll:. Whatever, haters gonna hate.

supersniper
April 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
nothing wrong with reach,
rookie mod left a shadow copy in the release section

and if you make it a script make it so people can access it server sidded in the cmd via dev command ( like toggle it on or off etc)

tylerp14
April 24th, 2011, 09:35 PM
How would I do that?

Cortexian
April 24th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Freelancer, I thought you've never even played Reach before :eyesroll:. Whatever, haters gonna hate.
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5721/img0067r.jpg
Solid chocolate Easter bunny to indicate day photo was taken, also I forgot to move it.

rookie mod left a shadow copy in the release section
It's called an expiring redirect.

L2Forum.

tylerp14
April 25th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Can somebody just write the script to work for all 16 players? Thats all it needs and then it'll be done... Please?

TVTyrant
April 26th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Or just use the scripting bible and figure it out for yourself? Don't be a lazy ass.

Kornman00
April 26th, 2011, 01:25 AM
"All that needs to be done" is understated. Your script is only applicable for a local player. You're asking someone to figure out how to make a script, which works for networked games, that can't even be based off your script.

supersniper
April 26th, 2011, 12:54 PM
you'd have to script it so when it's activated you give them deathless, and invincible (because just being invincible you can die from an assassination) then on top of that you'd have to make them imobilize and crouch at the same time for 10ish seconds or whenever they release the certain key that enables the script.

it's a lot more in-dept, than what you are thinking. then if you want the custom animations you'd have to have the script call to the tags in the custom map.

tylerp14
April 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
If you guys are just going to be dicks about it and not help just say so. I only post here when I need help on something. Which I guess you guys dont care about helping people who need it. So if your going to say something mean dont post at all, or I wont release my armor lock thats now MP compatible and working.

Kornman00
April 30th, 2011, 12:35 AM
You should like someone screaming "rape!" whenever someone looks at you. That is, you're miss interpreting what people are doing (or saying in this case) to fit your own reality.

To repeat what has already said, which was originally said in an un-dick manner, but since you want to start the name calling, here we are our, in a dick manner.
1) Your script doesn't give a foundation for implementing AL in a networked environment
2) Ergo, you're basically saying "oh hey, I made this script which works for a single player now someone please go make one that works for multiple people".
3) That doesn't "help" anyone you're asking to "help" you.
4) Still confused? It's just like someone popping into forum saying "oh hey, I made this model, but can someone now take their time and make an entire level based on this abstract idea?"
5) This isn't halomaps.org. We're not here to sugarcoat things for you. If we sugarcoat everything, when the truth and reality come around, you start throwing dicks around at people's names (ie, you call people a dick) because you don't know how to handle it all.
6) Take a page out of your own book and don't post if you have nothing nice to say. There was only one person here who posted anything remotely mean, and that was TVTyrant. Don't throw everyone on this forum into that same boat when it's just one person. Everyone else only gave feedback or criticism. The truth is not mean. The reality is not mean. It's life. Deal with it, because it won't get spoon fed to you.
7) Seven.

supersniper
April 30th, 2011, 11:33 AM
he's one of those internet Epenis guys.
dont worry about it.

TVTyrant
April 30th, 2011, 03:47 PM
If you need help, PM someone and get an IM chat going.

http://www.modacity.net/docs/bslbible/

That is the resource I was talking about. It should be able to help you to figure out what your looking for.

Sorry if I came off as mean. We have lots of people who ask for us to do work for them.

????

Profit.

tylerp14
May 1st, 2011, 05:17 AM
Its ok. Anybody have a good host checker script?

Cortexian
May 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Its ok. Anybody have a good host checker script?
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?23313-Perfect-Host-Detection-Script