PDA

View Full Version : 3ds Max materials problem

UnevenElefant5
April 30th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I'm not quite sure what is going on here. From the looks of it, it seems like anything I get into max using Ghost's gbxmodel importer v2 has problems with the materials. Anything else is fine.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5568/materialsb.jpg
The cyborg has the same material applied to it as the cube does, yet for some reason, he is green and black, while the cube displays the bitmap normally.
Any help is appreciated.

E:
Just fixed it.
to fix it go to
customize -> preferences -> "general" tab
at the bottom of the window there should be "use real world texture coordinates"
uncheck that
done

Patrickssj6
May 1st, 2011, 07:50 AM
Good thing you posted the answer to your problem. Should help other people in the future :D

neuro
May 2nd, 2011, 01:05 AM
there's also a proper way to fix object-scaling, which is the Reset Xform utlity.

it's under the utilities tab (hammer icon)

UnevenElefant5
May 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hey well basically, after I changed those values back to normal, now whenever I start up max, the values are defaulted to the bad values, meaning I have to go back in and manually change both values for every material I make. Is there any way to reset the default values?

Also, neuro, I tried the reset Xform, but I'm not sure if I did it right because nothing happened. What exactly does it do?

edit again:
to fix it go to
customize -> preferences -> "general" tab
at the bottom of the window there should be "use real world texture coordinates"
uncheck that
done