PDA

View Full Version : Four score and seven years...

SirBobbington
May 5th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Well, minus the four score part.

You guessed it. Today is Halo CE's 7th birthday!

We have all had our share of ups and downs; memories fond and bittersweet. But still we are here, and for that take a bow.

(insert nostalgia here)

Cortexian
May 5th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Threads like this make me feel old to have got an original Xbox and Halo 1 back in the day.

NullZero
May 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM
RIP Halo

Siliconmaster
May 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Holy crap. That makes me feel old D:

JackalStomper
May 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Snowtorn Cove: 5 years old (06)

Yoyorast Island: 6 years old (05)

Hugeass: 6 years old (05)

Wartorn Cove: 7 years old (04)

Another stupid bloodgulch tag edit: one day old

Halo CE was dead a long time ago...

Siliconmaster
May 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Damn. Those are some sobering numbers.

Lateksi
May 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Happy bday CE!
2late

Dwood
May 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Damn. Those are some sobering numbers.

Only if you want to feel old. He's excluding ifafudafi's mod, FF portent, b40 firefight, and anything Higuy's done, as well as Revelations- and other stuff by Selentic. It's not dead. People just think it is.

Siliconmaster
May 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Only if you want to feel old. He's excluding ifafudafi's mod, FF portent, b40 firefight, and anything Higuy's done, as well as Revelations- and other stuff by Selentic. It's not dead. People just think it is.

Heh, true. Hell, even Precipice is pretty recent. :P Thus I contribute to keeping it alive!

Rainbow Dash
May 9th, 2011, 02:05 PM

uhhhhhh

lol

you guys had just as many good projects going back then as there are now, and the amount of shitty tag edit maps being made isn't really any different either~

Rook
May 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM

Is the modding community dead, probably not. The playing community took a shit years back though. I'd say stretching it 2008 was probably the last good year to play.

Dwood
May 9th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Is the modding community dead, probably not. The playing community took a shit years back though. I'd say stretching it 2008 was probably the last good year to play.

You mean that was the last year any clan that played CE that was any good had gamenights, right? The only thing that's changed in recent is our age and willingness to make and join clans.

Arteen
May 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM

In my completely humble and unbiased opinion, Snow Grove was the last huge map release, way back in 07. Finally hit 100,000+ downloads, too.