PDA

View Full Version : Glitches/Annoyances

WolfenRage
May 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I was just wondering
Will weapon glitches and other annoyances return in H2V (BXR, Double Shot, Superbouncing, ect.)
since there won't be cross play between PC and Xbox users It would allow them to have this fixed. I hope
and I haven't seen much news on it either

Zeph
May 10th, 2007, 02:47 PM
We wont know until the title is out.

Elite Killa
May 10th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I hope there isn't. I hate those little nooblets on XBL who always superjump and they're practically impossible to shoot at (even to snipe, at that matter).

The BXR trick is useful, but too many people use it, so I hope that is out too.

p0lar_bear
May 10th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I hope it gets removed. I'd like to see all of the "pro" players shit their pants when they try a melee-action-fire combo or multishotting only to see it fail horribly. :lol:

WolfenRage
May 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Bungies view on the weapon bugs in halo 2 fyi

from Ninja 0n Fire, the Bungie playlist designer (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=7068597&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=2#end)
Don't call them "glitches" - that's just a candy coated term and does not accurately describe what they are. They're bugs that alter the intended functionality of the weapons and gameplay.

What you do in tournaments on LAN is between you and your tournament organization, but do not advocate the exploitation of bugs being used in our matchmaking service. Whether it's superbouncing or interrupting weapon animations, just because we don't personally ban you for it doesn't mean it isn't cheating and extremely poor sportsmanship.

We only issue suspensions for modified content and network manipulation, Xbox Live administrates all other aspects of cheating or social issues.

When I see someone superbounce or use weapon exploits, I leave cheating feedback, I suggest you do as well.I don't think its possible for them to patch these glitches for the xbox (Im sure they would have done it by now) but I can see them being fixed in the PC version

p0lar_bear
May 10th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Did you know that there's a chip you can install into a controller to make multishotting a trivial task? I Googled the topic of halo 2 multishotting, and I saw an ebay auction for it already installed in a controller.

Too bad there's no way for the Banhammer to check the controllers. :/

paladin
May 11th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Return of the rocket/sword fly?

xExus
May 11th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I think that they have fixed those bugs (nooo)

I HOPE the Double-Shot will stay.At least the BXR.

p0lar_bear
May 11th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I HOPE the Double-Shot will stay.At least the BXR.

No.

HAY GYEZ I CAN EMPTY MY BR CLIP IN TWO SECONDS AREN'T I AWESOME?! :haw:

:gb2xbl:

TheGhost
May 11th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I think we'll see a surprising number of maps will feature classic weapons or at least better starting weapons.

Assuming the game code is still the same, the "glitches" will probably remain. BXR is comparable to backpack reloading on HaloPC. Worst thing that will happen is someone will have to release "fixed" BR tags.

Digikid
May 11th, 2007, 05:25 AM
BXR?

WolfenRage
May 11th, 2007, 05:50 AM
It melees then quickly pulls off a headshot (usually) for an instant kill
quick youtube vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44PFdB4eRGU&mode=related&search=)

xExus
May 11th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yes, you're pressing B on your Xbox contr. - Then hit X to cancel the melee - Finish with shoot R.

I think its hard to pull of cos' you have to hit the head else it will fail.
And BXR-ing someone who has the the sword is total ass-kicking : D

WolfenRage
May 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Well if some of these bugs are still existent in Halo 2 Vista
what stopping someone from making scripts/macros to always BXR ect.
Just a thought

Kornman00
May 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Superbouncing is a physics thing, and must be fixed at a per-map level (not on a code level), doubt they will be fixed in H2V.

xExus
May 11th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Well if some of these bugs are still existent in Halo 2 Vista
what stopping someone from making scripts/macros to always BXR ect.
Just a thought

Oh, yeah your right, it's PC we're talking.. dam.That would be horrible!

Syuusuke
May 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Superbouncing is a physics thing, and must be fixed at a per-map level (not on a code level), doubt they will be fixed in H2V.

I do remember Bungie saying that they would "enhance the physics" around the time of first mention of Halo 2 for Vista...*gets shovel*

WolfenRage
May 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Couldn't they easily just put kill barriers on the top of maps, like how Certain Affinity did (Im not a mapmaker so I have no idea)

Knight
May 11th, 2007, 11:47 PM
That BxR crap is annoying... Im hoping for that to be fixed as well.

Lets just HOPE that it is :(

If not, I got my shotgun ready :(

Crest
May 12th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I hope it could be a option. I enjoy Double shooting and BXRing.

xExus
May 12th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I don't know about superjumping but I guess that is fixed.. eh..?

It's kinda annoying on Zanzibar Team Snipers..