PDA

View Full Version : B.net explode.

=sw=warlord
June 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Beginning on June 23rd, and running through the close of Bungie Day on July 7th, we'll be celebrating the last twenty years the only way we know how - by giving you, the best -blam!- community on the planet, all the parting gifts we can muster.

Here are 7 reasons you should come out and celebrate with us this year:

Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)
Because we just built a brand-new and totally free community iPhone app to keep you connected...and entertained!
Because we're going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.
Because a collection featuring some of our rarest and most treasured personal Halo artwork will be up for auction, with all profits going to charity through a partnership between Child's Play and the Bungie Foundation.
Because the Bungie Store is going to be packed with Swag Sacks containing random, but totally kick ass swag, limited run commemorative t-shirts, and amazing commissioned posters from a handful of incredible artists, with all profits also going straight to charity.
Because on Bungie Day we'll be throwing down in a 24-hour Bungie vs. the World No Holds Barred Halo: Reach Marathon where we'll be making the promise of Steaktacular a certified beefy reality. You steak us. We'll steak you. Seriously, we're going to mail any team who beats us by 20 kills of more on Bungie Day a Grade-A cut of steak (gift cards for international players) while supplies last.
Because you've been just as much a part of this incredible twenty years as we have, and we simply couldn't bear it if you didn't show up and help us celebrate our anniversary and help send our Halo baby out with one hell of a bang.

The festivities begin on June 23rd and conclude as the final hours of this year's Bungie Day, July 7th, come to a close. If you don't show up, we just won't know what to do with ourselves, and we definitely won't know what to do with this ViDoc we've been slaving over for the last two decades.

Posted by: urk

Posted by: Spartan_008
Just to finalize any lingering questions, are the Blue Flames and Bungie Nameplate eternal gifts to the community or only during the stated time?

What about for those people that downloaded the Bungie Mobile App?

The Blue Flames burn eternal. (Which isn't as painful as it sounds.)
Welp

Arteen
June 13th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Neato. The Halo 3 flaming helmet day was pretty fun last(?) year.

=sw=warlord
June 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Heh, I wonder if kornman will be taking part in this years Bungie Vs World :allears:

Arteen
June 13th, 2011, 08:50 PM
http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=33546

Want a Star nameplate in matchmaking? A new playlist, kicking off on June 24 for a limited time, seems like the easiest way to get one! According to Jeremiah (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61571846), if you play in the BTB ALL STARS list when it's live, you'll be rewarded with a Star nameplate (and triple jackpots)... but you have to qualify first. You need at least 5 Invasion games between June 13 (that's today!) and June 20.
Also neato.

Hotrod
June 13th, 2011, 09:21 PM
So...if blue flames burn eternal...that means every single little kid is gonna be wearing them all the time now?

Well isn't that great...

=sw=warlord
June 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
So...if blue flames burn eternal...that means every single little kid is gonna be wearing them all the time now?

Well isn't that great...

Meaning the legendary flames will be that much rarer.

Donut
June 13th, 2011, 10:17 PM
interesting. i might actually go play reach for a few minutes now.
E: is it 5 INVASION games, or 5 games in the invasion playlist?

Spartan094
June 14th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Met the first person I know of to have a Bungie nameplate and blue flame.

Meh I got my Thank the Maker medal, don't care, though that medal is going to be common... a lot very soon due to what donut posted.

Kornman00
June 14th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Ha! I'll be on vacation during most of this. Ain't it nice when things "line up" like that :rolleyes:?

Warsaw
June 14th, 2011, 04:25 AM
FFFFFFFFF

I'll be working at a Boy Scout camp without access to my 360 or internet.

Kornman00
June 14th, 2011, 04:32 AM
That sounds like a lot of...BS :caruso:

=sw=warlord
June 14th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Ha! I'll be on vacation during most of this. Ain't it nice when things "line up" like that :rolleyes:?

I know right?
:allears:

Not to worry if you have an Iphone you can download the bungie app and have all this right now.

MXC
June 24th, 2011, 08:57 AM
If you have an iPhone with 4.0 installed...which I don't. :(

Luckily I was able to use the site instead. :downs:

=sw=warlord
June 24th, 2011, 02:30 PM
If anyone who didn't manage to do the 5 invasion matches to get into all stars BTB for what ever reason still want's to play, add me and I'll see if you can tag along.

E;
Triple jackpots galore.

Arteen
June 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Anyone else having issues getting their star to unlock in the All-Stars playlist?

=sw=warlord
June 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Anyone else having issues getting their star to unlock in the All-Stars playlist?

Jeremiah has said that the stars wont unlock until after the playlist is over.

Limited
June 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
We talking about the star nameplate? You can unlock that using the mobile app.

paladin
June 25th, 2011, 02:20 PM
pff lol at original concept art. I can jsut have eddie draw me something in class

Limited
June 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
pff lol at original concept art. I can jsut have eddie draw me something in class

Speaking of Reach art...http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1376010#post1376010

Hotrod
June 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Man...the Focus Rifle looks so damn good there...the Reach engine really doesn't do it any justice...

DarkHalo003
June 25th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I own the magazine that has those pics and the interview of the guy who modeled them. Pretty cool. Kind of funny that those pictures showed up here though. Wondered if anyone from here knew about them. Really awesome stuff though. Really cool!