PDA

View Full Version : HCE ERROR: Radiosity Out of Memory

Higuy
June 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I've gotten this error before, forget how to fix it...

It only happens when I run my map on HQ settings (1 0.05, or 1 0.9)

Actually, it only says out of memory when I run it through sapien/and or sapien crashes.

Through tool, it says starting, but never reaches 0.0000.

Anyone know how to fix that?

paladin
June 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I have no idea how sapien processes radiosity, but does it cache it? maybe your running out of physical memory for it to complete it.

Higuy
June 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I have no idea how sapien processes radiosity, but does it cache it? maybe your running out of physical memory for it to complete it.
Quite possibly, though I have 8gb's of RAM and have tried to run it on a dual core version of sapien as well. I'm going to try tonight (while im sleeping so I dont have to wait for this crap) to see if it will work completley on tool or not. Hopefully it will.\

okay what the hell lightmaps, you piece of shit finally worked within 5 minutes by changing the threshold to 0.5

i hate this engine

paladin
June 18th, 2011, 02:22 PM
UDK (http://download.udk.com/UDKInstall-2011-05-BETA.exe)

Higuy
June 18th, 2011, 04:21 PM
UDK (http://download.udk.com/UDKInstall-2011-05-BETA.exe)
lol, I've been messing around with UDK alot actually, but I want to finish my HCE projects before I move on.

Rook
June 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Too bad no one plays unreal try something on source although I hear it's a kinda hard to work with like halo.

Higuy
June 19th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Too bad no one plays unreal try something on source although I hear it's a kinda hard to work with like halo.

People play UDK, but alot of the projects dont go far. And yeah no ones plays UT3, but its great game to design maps for a portfolio. Half Life 2 I messed around with but didnt get very far, and the engine is pretty hard to work with yeah.

sleepy1212
June 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
This error should read as "start over" because that's the only thing i've found to work.