PDA

View Full Version : H2 for windows vista have to things like halo 1!?!

Echo 418
May 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Hi... im new.

I just see on the video : http://www.on10.net/Blogs/tina/halo-2-on-vista-weve-got-the-new-maps-features-and-achievements/

the main of H2 vista and i see "live" AND network. Im sure a post of this was posted before so i dont see it.

My question is: we can play network like halo1 or halo1 CE or its the other name for lan.

Sorry if this question is not in the good topic or place.

Metkil5685
May 10th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Most likely it is LAN.

Con
May 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM
^.

Live is the server browser like Halo 1

Network is most likely LAN

Echo 418
May 10th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Most likely it is LAN.

Live is the server browser like Halo 1
Network is most likely LANthanx so, appearly, live is with money :eek::mad::( Please... thats a mistake no?:confused:

flibitijibibo
May 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Sort of. There's live silver and live gold. Gold costs money, silver does not. I don't think there's really any big benefits to having gold, so I wouldn't bother with the gold account.

DsurioN
May 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Sort of. There's live silver and live gold. Gold costs money, silver does not. I don't think there's really any big benefits to having gold, so I wouldn't bother with the gold account.

Yes it works just like the Xbox live system. With silver you get the ability to browse servers and play multiplayer games for free. With gold you get matchmaking (games are setup with other players that are currently online with your skill level). I forget if voice chat is gold-only or not. Gold will also support cross-platform gameplay (xbox vs pc) later on in games such as Shadowrun.

Echo 418
May 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM
YEAH!!!! Thanks for this information... i understand a other thing where i take my source...:D:):rolleyes:

Amit
May 11th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Well there is no cross-platform for sure. Also there would be an outrage if only Gold accounts were able to use voice-chat. Since it's built directly into the game I should think that you would be able to communicate with others.

lawndart
May 11th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know if I'd care too much for hearing people screaming and crying through my headset during the game. I prefer chatting with my friends on teamspeak. Hopefully, I can disable it...

Abstract.Error
May 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Voice chat is for both Silver and Gold.

Ki11a_FTW
May 11th, 2007, 08:44 PM
you can use gold if you have an xbox live account, thats working.

demonmaster3k
May 12th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I don't know if I'd care too much for hearing people screaming and crying through my headset during the game. I prefer chatting with my friends on teamspeak. Hopefully, I can disable it...
yea i can do without that too. hated the invasion of the 10 year olds in the box version... hope tradition doesnt repeat in h2v