PDA

View Full Version : Canada's new polymer bank notes unveiled.

Amit
June 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
This is awesome:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bankofcanada/sets/72157626881761575/

Cortexian
June 22nd, 2011, 04:39 AM
Following in Australia's footsteps!

Amit
June 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Too bad we have to wait 2 years to see the more common notes trickle into circulation. It's gonna be awesome to have the current paper and polymer bills in my wallet, though.

ThePlague
June 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Cool monopoly money brah.

thehoodedsmack
June 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
That monopoly money's worth more than yours, so, y'know, there.

Amit
June 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Not by much: http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=1&From=CAD&To=USD

Still, we get pretty coloured money every decade or so. You mericuns are stuck with shitty green tinted paper.

Bodzilla
June 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
trust me when i say the polymer money is actually really really good.

very hard to reproduce has a shitload of check points on it to make it secure (the window being probably one of the biggest ones) and you can recognize the bills staring at only an edge of them.

american style money is literally as gay as aids.

Hotrod
June 22nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Not only is this new money still sexy, it's better in every way mentionned by Bod.

Now America...what's going on with your green pieces of paper there?

n00b1n8R
June 22nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the world of 1988 Canada o/

Roostervier
June 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Not only is this new money still sexy, it's better in every way mentionned by Bod.

Now America...what's going on with your green pieces of paper there?
Couldn't tell you since our country currently has none

:(

TPBlinD
June 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
I thought Americans only used credit cards anyway.
Stoked to fill my wallet with 100s.

king_nothing_
June 22nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1471/canuckland.jpg

:mech3:

Amit
June 23rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Off-topic has had mainly U.S. news for the past couple years. Why can't Canadian news share the same space? I would have to agree, though, if another thread pops up. Actually, there are a bunch of threads I want to post, but that would be overkill. I've already started doubling and even tripling up some threads with links to semi-related news.

king_nothing_
June 23rd, 2011, 01:14 AM
It was just some observational humor. It really doesn't matter to me if you post more of them.

Donut
June 23rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
im kind of curious whats going on with american money, actually. after i saw euros, i thought that was a great idea. color code money so you dont confuse 5s with 50s, and so you dont have to pull the whole damn bill out to see what it is. my gripe with euros is how theyre all different sizes, which i assumed was for visually impared people, but i found it inconvenient since they wouldnt fit in my wallet and id lose the smaller 5 and 10 euro bills among the larger 20s when i was in italy. i like canadian money. its color coded and theyre all the same size.

the US kind of did this with those tan 10s and blue tinted 20s, but i think the new 50s are tan too, and it really still doesnt help when trying to pull a specific amount out of a wallet or billfold or whatever without taking all the bills out. these new polymer bills are awesome imo. according to the site in the OP they have raised bumps on them for the visually impared, without all being different sizes. and polymer means theyre plastic, right? so no more losing money in the wash. i have to say, for once im jealous of you canadians.

TeeKup
June 23rd, 2011, 02:55 AM
Couldn't tell you since our country currently has none

:(

I would like someone to tell me how exactly we're going to get out of an almost 15 trillion dollar deficit.

Go America...

EX12693
June 23rd, 2011, 03:24 AM
I would like someone to tell me how exactly we're going to get out of an almost 15 trillion dollar deficit.

The government will just print it. :downs:

...................... :suicide:

Bodzilla
June 23rd, 2011, 04:25 AM
The canadian ones arnt individual size's?
are they etched??

Broz... c'mon seriously.

Patrickssj6
June 23rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
according to the site in the OP they have raised bumps on them for the visually impared, without all being different sizes.
Uhm Euros has those bumps as well...matter fact all money I ever owned had those bumps for visually impaired..the problem is that after a certain time those bumps are leveled out. That's why Euros have different sizes in case the bumps can't be felt anymore.

Mexico has Polymer as well...the problem is though that it doesn't feel like money. It's hard to distinguish between fake and real money when they are made out of polymer. Dollars and Euros survive a wash cycle...so I am not font of polymer.

dark navi
June 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
But now canadians cant make jokes about ripping money up when people need change...

CN3089
June 23rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Not a problem, we're not that unfunny

Rainbow Dash
June 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
you're adorable cn <3

Donut
June 24th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Uhm Euros has those bumps as well...matter fact all money I ever owned had those bumps for visually impaired..the problem is that after a certain time those bumps are leveled out. That's why Euros have different sizes in case the bumps can't be felt anymore.

Mexico has Polymer as well...the problem is though that it doesn't feel like money. It's hard to distinguish between fake and real money when they are made out of polymer. Dollars and Euros survive a wash cycle...so I am not font of polymer.
my total life possession time of euros spans almost a whole week, so pardon my ignorance. iv never seen a US dollar that has bumps for the visually impaired, and my main point is that the US has been doing new stuff with bills, but none of it is significant or helpful imo. they dont necessarily have to be polymer, but if the US is going to print new bills with updated designs, they could atleast do something more useful like stronger color difference. also, the bumps wouldnt wear off of a polymer bill even remotely as fast as a paper one.

about dollars in the wash, i have seen them survive before, but iv also lost a few bucks that way too. although im not sure if that was due to somebody doing something stupid when they pulled the wet bill out of the pocket or the dryer. the alternative is just checking your pockets before throwing shit in the wash i suppose.