PDA

View Full Version : consoles or pcs?

Hurrvish
May 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM
lately, ive been doing some thinking, and finally came to the conclusion that pcs may be better than consoles.
personally, i would sell all my x360 stuff and get a decent pc >_>
so im asking the people of h2vista :rolleyes: to see which platform wins.

Agamemnon
May 10th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Make a poll then.

Patrickssj6
May 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Xbox is a PC so....

BobtheGreatII
May 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Depends on what you want to do. I vote PC all thew way because I use it for so much more than a console, plus it's capable of so much more.

Mr Buckshot
May 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I say PCs are better machines in terms of technology, but consoles can be better in some ways:

1. consoles lack the complex OS and all that sh1t so they tend to have fewer glitches and crashes during a game
2. Games only need to be optimized for just one set of parts
3. The gamepad is better for platformer games and racing games (not that I like racers that much, since I only have one racing game)
4. You can bring a console to a friend's house. Not everyone has a laptop, and I'm sure transporting a desktop is quite troublesome. Stealing, I mean borrowing, my neighbor's PS3 is quite a breeze.
5. Consoles can be portable (DS, PSP). You can't put a PC in your pocket when you want to game on the go.
6. Consoles are cheaper, even if they're less capable machines.

Think of it this way - if parents strictly control the purchases of game systems and games, and you had a budget of, say, $300, I think a PS2 or Xbox and a few pre-played games is a better deal than a crappy PC. Other people are not allowed to mess with their home PCs.

legionaire45
May 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Both have their advantages. Hence why I have both :rich:

ExAm
May 11th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Gtfo, mister. We don't want your kind here :mad:

Xetsuei
May 11th, 2007, 12:09 AM

:rich:

Atty
May 11th, 2007, 01:47 AM

SnaFuBAR
May 11th, 2007, 01:56 AM
:richie rich:

i vote pc, because it's easier to get online with, and does more than gaming, which i require.

Masterz1337
May 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I prefer consoles for gaming. Except for being a lil kid playing age of empires, put put, and all that old stuff, I always used a console, until Halo PC\Ce. Once I got it, I tried to convert, but I just find it alot more fun to play on a console, and still use my PC for other stuff. Also, I prefer to play multiplayer with my friends when they come over. Plus my consoles dont bsod, overheat, or have AIM flashing in the background. (Yes I know, turn aim off, but I need it so people can contact me)

Love De Lux
May 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Both.

hobojoe
May 11th, 2007, 11:43 AM
PC. Cause in the near future you will be able to play your friends from your PC on there 360's. So There's my vote. Also PC's are a heck of alot more powerful. consoles have a bad nack to lagg a little.

TIA Gangsta
May 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Lol, before I clicked the topic title, I knew which would be winning the poll.
These forums are dedicated to PC games (i.e. HPC, H2V), no point asking here, because everyone's opinions are pretty much PC.

mR_r0b0to
May 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
:,poor:
PC only

Timo
May 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM
The advantages of a PC far outweigh those of a console.

Mr Buckshot
May 12th, 2007, 01:06 AM
It's inevitable that a PC will be better than a console in the technical end, but you gotta admit that two analog sticks works better than the keyboard/mouse in non-FPS games.

I think the PC's best for shooters or stealth games (splinter cell = ownage). However, in some third person shooters where precision movement is needed in addition to aiming, 2 sticks are better. The mouse beats the right analog stick, but the left analog stick beats the WASD keys.

And of course, the PC is best for online multiplayer, but split screen is fun too, and you can have co-op without server problems. Who doesn't love a few games of Halo 2 or GOW co-op with a friend? While sharing a bag of chips at the same time?

Master Kim
May 12th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Everybody here has pretty much stated what I was going to say.

PCs > consoles.

I have both, though. :notsorich:

Digikid
May 12th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Computers will ALWAYS be better.

Cortexian
May 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM

I have both, but never play the consoles, I don't even have xbox live silver for my 360 >.>

Digikid
May 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM
errrr....Xbox Live Silver is FREE dude.....