PDA

View Full Version : Woman dies at her own funeral

=sw=warlord
June 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Saw this on my news feed.

A woman died from a heart attack caused by shock after waking up to discover she had been declared dead - and was being prepared for burial.
As mourning relatives filed past her open coffin the supposedly dead woman suddenly woke up and started screaming as she realised where she was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007356/Woman-dies-heart-attack-caused-shock-waking-OWN-funeral.html

I'm sorry but what part of declaring death seems to be troublesome for supposed doctors?
Sure there's some massive giveaway if a person is still alive?

thehoodedsmack
June 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I thought that people were usually embalmed by the time their funerals are held. This story seems suspicious.

=sw=warlord
June 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
I thought that people were usually embalmed by the time their funerals are held. This story seems suspicious.

Some faiths require "kosher" burials whilst others demand burials within 24 hours of their deaths.

Rainbow Dash
June 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
haha shit that's horrible.

n00b1n8R
June 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry but what part of declaring death seems to be troublesome for supposed doctors?
Sure there's some massive giveaway if a person is still alive?
Declaring somebody's dead has always been a tricky job. It's much better these days but mistakes can still happen. :p

Donut
June 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
so they were preparing to bury her, then she woke up and started screaming? if we know she was screaming, then somebody must have heard her, so why didnt they open the casket or something? i mean, i get that she died from the shock of the situation, but they didnt even open the casket and try to save her?

Amit
June 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
so they were preparing to bury her, then she woke up and started screaming? if we know she was screaming, then somebody must have heard her, so why didnt they open the casket or something? i mean, i get that she died from the shock of the situation, but they didnt even open the casket and try to save her?

Did you read the original post...like at all?

TVTyrant
June 23rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Its in Russia. What part of this doesn't make sense?

ThePlague
June 23rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
In Mother Russia, we bury the living and the dead walk around!

Amit
June 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
In Mother Russia, we bury the living and the dead walk around!

lol

Donut
June 24th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Did you read the original post...like at all?
yes, i did, and i was confused as to whether she "died" the first time from the heart attack or if she really died from the heart attack caused by the shock of waking up in the casket.

fake e: just re-read it. i missed the word "open".

Devastated husband Fagili Mukhametzyanov, 51, had been told his wife had died of a heart attack after she'd collapsed at home suffering from chest pains.
Mr Mukhametzyanov said: 'Her eyes fluttered and we immediately rushed her back to the hospital but she only lived for another 12 minutes in intensive care before she died again, this time for good.
this is the part that confused me. did the heart attack cause the first death or the second death, or were there two heart attacks?

Kornman00
June 24th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Damn Russian trolls