PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial - Not guilty

ChemicalFizz
July 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
of First-Degree Murder, Aggravated Assault, or Child Abuse. GUILTY, on 4 counts of lying to law enforcement.

Bad prosecution? Insanely good lawyer (Jose Baez)? Retarded Jury panel? The OJ of the 21st century?

ThePlague
July 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Who's Casey Anthony?

ChemicalFizz
July 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The female version of OJ Simpson?

thehoodedsmack
July 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Only heard about her today. From what I've read so far, though, all the evidence against her was circumstantial, and they couldn't link her to having any direct involvement. Reasonable doubt, not guilty. That's the rules. If she did do it, it's just a case of her doing a good job covering her tracks. But as far as the law is concerned, she didn't.

TVTyrant
July 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
As a society it is very difficult to tell the difference between morality and justice. With the evidence provided you really can't prove anything, other than that a whole bunch of fucked up stuff happened around 2008.

DarkHalo003
July 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Only heard about her today. From what I've read so far, though, all the evidence against her was circumstantial, and they couldn't link her to having any direct involvement. Reasonable doubt, not guilty. That's the rules. If she did do it, it's just a case of her doing a good job covering her tracks. But as far as the law is concerned, she didn't.
I agree here. On the charges of murder. But the prosecution sucked because they failed to charge the mother with negligence, which considering she didn't know her child's whereabouts for 31 days, which during those days she partied. I don't know if she murdered her child or not, but she definitely neglected her child.

TVTyrant
July 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I agree here. On the charges of murder. But the prosecution sucked because they failed to charge the mother with negligence, which considering she didn't know her child's whereabouts for 31 days, which during those days she partied. I don't know if she murdered her child or not, but she definitely neglected her child.
This xOver9000

ChemicalFizz
July 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Isn't this all over the US by now? I live in New York, the crime took place in Florida (assuming it happened lol), as well as the trial... It's huge over here. As well as to the overprotective rage moms over at Yahoo Answers, and the media of course.

Btw, Falsifying information to police is simply a misdemeanor... She could get out as early as this month if the time she spent in jail awaiting trial is counted towards her "term."

thehoodedsmack
July 5th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I agree with that, DarkHalo. As for Tyrant, those are just the breaks. Unfortunately, sometimes there just isn't enough evidence to form a case. They really could have gotten her on negligence, though.

At Fizz: I'm afraid I'm Canadian and don't keep up on minor American cases like this.

king_nothing_
July 5th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I don't have a problem with the verdict really. The prosecution had to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she killed her daughter. Now, I didn't follow the case closely or anything, but from what I did hear, it didn't sound like they did that. They didn't have direct proof of anything, did they? It was completely circumstantial. The TV pundits can sit there all day making insinuating comments such as "she sat there stone-faced with no emotional response" and "look at this 'beautiful life' tattoo she got while her kid was missing", but those things don't have much place in a murder trial. Most people watching it on TV make their decision based purely on their emotional response to it and/or things which carry little or no weight in a criminal case. That's not how the justice system works.

StankBacon
July 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
im pretty happy with the verdict, the jurors did there job and didn't let emotion interfere with the facts.

also i cant fucking stand nancy grace, and seeing her all mad is great.

ChemicalFizz
July 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Bacon.... :lmao:

king_nothing_
July 5th, 2011, 09:33 PM
the jurors did there job and didn't let emotion interfere with the facts.
This.

also i cant fucking stand nancy grace, and seeing her all mad is great.
Also this.

:highfive:

jcap
July 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Nancy Grace should be put on trial for crimes against humanity for her stupidity. She did the same stupid shit with the Duke case.

Like King said, the most important thing here is that the prosecution was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty. Judge William Blackstone said in the 1760s that it's "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer." It's despicable that the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" has almost been forgotten in today's media.

king_nothing_
July 5th, 2011, 10:00 PM
It's irritating listening to the people who were interviewed on the street after the verdict. They speak as if they know with complete certitude that she was guilty, and are appalled that she wasn't convicted based on rock-solid reasoning such as, but not limited to: the expression on her face, her behavior, and her lifestyle. Those people have no respect for, or no understanding of, the justice system.

Bodzilla
July 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
nah it runs a little deeper then that.

they're just fucking stupid people breathing my oxygen.

cheezdue
July 5th, 2011, 10:20 PM
nah it runs a little deeper then that.

they're just fucking stupid people breathing my oxygen.

LMAO! I need to buy you something for that!

Disaster
July 5th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Based on logic, I'm fairly sure she did it. However, the lack of evidence says otherwise, the jury did their job, and its sad that she gets to walk. Got to support the law though. Without principle, there is nothing.

ChemicalFizz
July 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Have to agree with Darkhalo... Lack of negligence charge is disturbing. She didn't file a missing person's report for her 2-year-old for over 30 days... What's with that?

paladin
July 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MH0ef.jpg

Spartan094
July 5th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Getting Away With Murder.

Meh oh well, disturbing how people steal unneeded oxygen.

TVTyrant
July 6th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I don't think there was evidence to convict her, but that doesn't mean I don't think she did it. She just got away with it.

leorimolo
July 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Doesn't anyone see any sort of medieval aspect to having you placed on world stage when on trial? Its like a public hanging of some sort... I mean I live in costa rica, and every single news station reported about it, why the fuck do I care?

StankBacon
July 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
because the news/media are morons.