PDA

View Full Version : (BETA) Computrex (Incl. Video)

Computron
July 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Computrex (throwaway name)

Now Updated: Three times the size with added sections, weapon and spawn balanceing. 4v4+ now possible:
(Download Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?zpei88egp111jdh))

Video shows the old version
Qqgc-xWuJ2k

leorimolo
July 11th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Nothing to see nothing to download. Just sayin.

Cortexian
July 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Kinda small isn't it?

Computron
July 11th, 2011, 11:47 PM
eventually this will just be the base for one team in what will eventually be a much bigger map. I just played it on live and everyone pretty much agrees it is hella fun. no radar, pistols only, map gets trashed but is so awesome.

BobtheGreatII
July 12th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Visually I don't really understand the mix of human and forerunner.

Computron
July 12th, 2011, 12:54 AM
All the textures are custom, I just didn't have any textures to use for lighting through the emmisive channel, so I subbed in the forrunner FOR NOW. other than that texture, the rest are entirely custom

supersniper
July 12th, 2011, 05:10 PM
lol monstrmoose. and this seems more of like a super early alpha stage, i wouldn't even consider it a beta mainly because there's no way a good multiplayer game could be played on it.
too compact, too small, no uniqueness. it's like a huge storage room of useless crap. I see no gameplay in there other than a big orgy of grenades and melees.

my rating so far 1/10

if this gets you upset then go back to monstrmoose where they ban for criticism.

Computron
July 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Well, I can see we are off to a good start. Anyway, I expanded the map to three times its size and added a few hallways and added more spawns and basically made it possible to play with more than a 1v1 gametype. Here is the link to the new version: http://www.mediafire.com/?zpei88egp111jdh

supersniper
July 12th, 2011, 09:41 PM
do you even have a theme to the map? or is it just a collection of rooms?

Computron
July 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Yea, I was going for a something similar to Elongation. I have not added in any special visuals like sky box or fancy baked lighting since this is a beta test of the layout, visuals should come last, gameplay matters more. I had it blocked out, and I want to test it for gameplay no that I got a few of the set pieces modelled. Also, I was hoping to have some really neat contrasting effects with the lighting as you see in the video, I used the special lights that halo 2 used in cinematics with fully dynamic stencil shadows, that could be neat for zombies if I get a flashlight mod.