PDA

View Full Version : HCE How to ASCII(Alt Codes) sv_name for gameserver?

flamewheel06
July 27th, 2011, 06:28 PM
so, i recently bought gameserver (haloceded.109)
and im using Gandanur to change server version to 1.00ce. everything is working perfectly and the server is up and running.
The problem is I want to have my server name with ASCII characters (Alt Codes) but it doesnt let me and resets the server to default "Halo" name.
gameserver dont let me replace the haloceded.exe which i have patched with ASCII.

is there any ways you can use ASCII (alt codes) for server name>
Please Help
Thank You.

Cloud
July 27th, 2011, 09:54 PM
can you run applications? or if not maybe cheat engine i have the addresses for all server names and the most used dedi.exe's

Cortexian
July 28th, 2011, 03:21 AM
He can't, he purchased a server at gameservers.com it sounds like. Meaning they control the files.

Unless you can convince them to give you access to the haloceded.exe file you're SOL.

Rook
July 28th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Thought you could interchange the files for apps, did they change that recently?

flamewheel06
July 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
i can replace any files and upload any files but i cant not upload or modify haloceded.exe.
it gives me access denied saying i dont have enough previlages.

I have seen other servers with ASCII character which are hosted gameservers but im unable to do anything to haloceded.exe

while ago like 6 months ago i was able to upload modified haloceded.exe
but i bought this new subscription on a new name and i cant do anything to haloceded.exe but im able to upload any other files except haloceded.exe

Patrickssj6
July 29th, 2011, 04:14 AM
it would be possible with a modified strings.dll....can't recall that anyone did this though.

flamewheel06
July 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM
it would be possible with a modified strings.dll....can't recall that anyone did this though.

would you do this? xD

Cortexian
July 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, gameservers.com changed their policy and don't let you manipulate haloceded.exe anymore since they think that will prevent people from host servers on 1.00 for pirates.

Pooky
July 31st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Just a note, in the future I'd reccomend getting your servers from this dude (http://www.noghost.net/hosting/) instead of gameservers, since you get total control over your server and what's on it.

Vicky
July 31st, 2011, 03:44 PM
Using non-ascii was cool back then, kinda useless if people sort on ping though. You could also try an external tool that changes the servername, if you're allowed to have a second exe 'accessing' the server exe.

supersniper
July 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
just find the addy's realtime in the mem. then map an app, and have the app say what you want the server name to be. instead of hexediting...

Vicky
July 31st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Nobody mentioned hexediting...

chrisk123999
July 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
The old way to getting non-ASCII characters in the server name was to hex edit the default server name. The new way is simply disabling the non-ASCII check (normally via hex editing).

Vicky
July 31st, 2011, 10:08 PM
There's other ways, like i mentioned.

Cloud
August 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM
That's what I was gonna do super but I wasn't sure if he can run other apps on gameservers.

:/ hm kinda limited with what you can do.

Patrickssj6
August 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
There's other ways, like i mentioned.
You are not allowed to run other apps.

Like I said, modified string.dll.

Cloud
August 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Using non-ascii was cool back then, kinda useless if people sort on ping though. You could also try an external tool that changes the servername, if you're allowed to have a second exe 'accessing' the server exe.

You are not allowed to run other apps.

Like I said, modified string.dll.

Sounds like the best way.
That or find a new host.

Patrickssj6
August 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Ok so I got bored and wanted to do some research. I wanted to write a proxy dll for strings.dll so you can load your own code without touching haloceded in shameful places.

Strings.dll does not have an export table, nor does it seem that Halo CE DED uses it besides loading it?