PDA

View Full Version : A Teen's Worst Nightmare

PlasbianX
July 31st, 2011, 01:16 AM
...Acne.

Alrighty, here we go. I'm 20 now and still experiencing some break outs. My skin isnt as bad as what it was as a teen, but I still have a few areas of my skin that seem to still experience frequent break outs. So, fellow modacity members, what do you guys recommend for relatively cheap solutions for acne? I used to gel my hair constantly and since I figured the grease from the gel contributed to the acne, I've since cut that out a bit and noticed my forehead remains pretty much 95% clear. I was using 'acnefree: severe' for a while and that seemed to cut me down quite a bit but has stopped working in the past few months. I've heard mixed reviews about things such as acutane (creates depression, supposedly) and rather stay away from prescriptions such as that. Over the counter, cheap, etc. is what I'm shooting for here. I've heard things such as cutting salt intake, increasing fruit / vegetables intake, and drinking more water helps but I figured you guys might be able to give some valid input. Thanks!

Bodzilla
July 31st, 2011, 01:37 AM
Roaccutane is the only thing that will help you.
and while it is linked to depression (which is why i personally gave it a miss) it Will work. My brother used it for a while, but just know that it dries out your skin and your pores which is essentially why it works, but it brings all the crap to the surface when it does it. Essentially it will get worse before it gets better.

Anything thats not a prescription drug for acne is just basically a glorified face scrub.

Acne isn't really linked to diet's unlike standard pimples because it's an infection in your poores which cause's the puss and swelling.
while a better diet will help reduce the amount of facial oil you have and reduce teh chance of infected areas popping up it will not stop acne completely.

Go with the medication if it's something thats been plaguing you for a year or more.

Timo
July 31st, 2011, 02:58 AM
I used to get frequent breakouts, then I stopped using any acne products and just use a flannel with water while in the shower once a day, and after a few days my skin cleared up. Still get the odd pimple but nothing as bad as I used to. Apparently swapping out your pillow case more often helps as well.

=sw=warlord
July 31st, 2011, 06:21 AM
Sex, lot's of.
It makes you sweat which clears your pores out.

Limited
July 31st, 2011, 06:34 AM
I've only recently (last 6 months or so) started to see my skin clear up, whilst at work I only drink water, I wash my face twice a day with face wash and I try not to eat greasy stuff or chocolate.

People are different though, some buggers don't get acne at all.

Do face exercises too, that helps keep health skin.

Higuy
July 31st, 2011, 08:43 AM
I rarly use anything for my skin, but when I do, I use Nuetragena's "Acne Stress Control". Always seems to work whenever I have a break out. Luckily though, I very rarely ever have any pimples. I just keep my hands clean, and wash my face with water before I go bed. Just keep yourself clean, and eat healthy foods... Don't go eating crap like chocolate when you want a snack, or drinking Coke 24/7.

Cortexian
July 31st, 2011, 09:24 AM
first world problems

Rainbow Dash
July 31st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Honestly unless your entire face has exploded into giant red blobs, don't shove your skin full of anything and just wait for it to pass.

Otherwise, wash your face, don't drink/eat shit that's full of sugar, etc etc.

Patrickssj6
July 31st, 2011, 09:42 AM
don't eat shit...use water and soap...and just wait

TPBlinD
July 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
try washing your face.

Roostervier
July 31st, 2011, 06:27 PM
wash your face, wash your pillow case (gets covered in facial grease/sweat and hair grease/sweat), and don't touch your face a lot. otherwise just let it pass. puberty doesn't really stop until age 21-22, so i wouldn't worry too much unless your skin is still doing this in your 30s.

neuro
August 1st, 2011, 10:51 AM
just wash regularly, (maybe exfoliate once a week or something, just grab a towel and rub your face THOROUGHLY AND FIRMLY, and your skin will feel soooo nice n soft) and put a fresh towel over your pillow every night (or flip it after one night, and use one towel 2 nights)

acne solved.

i told this to a friend of me, and he called me out on bullshitting, and i bet him 100 euros, which he took.
behold, 3 weeks later, no more acne. (i didnt actually make him pay up)

it also help if you don't eat CRAP.
and considering you're american (at least i think you are) that's a 80% guarantee you eat crap.

PlasbianX
August 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
just wash regularly, (maybe exfoliate once a week or something, just grab a towel and rub your face THOROUGHLY AND FIRMLY, and your skin will feel soooo nice n soft) and put a fresh towel over your pillow every night (or flip it after one night, and use one towel 2 nights)

acne solved.

i told this to a friend of me, and he called me out on bullshitting, and i bet him 100 euros, which he took.
behold, 3 weeks later, no more acne. (i didnt actually make him pay up)

it also help if you don't eat CRAP.
and considering you're american (at least i think you are) that's a 80% guarantee you eat crap.

I drink a shit ton of energy drinks so that's one thing I'm cutting out (thery're getting expensive anyways) so -sugar
Usually at work I dont eat too bad unless its a break then I grab a donut or something. That'll stop.
Going to try the towel thing as well as exfoliating.

Bodzilla
August 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
i'm telling you guys legitimate acne is cause by an infection in your pores, Washing your face more will help against regular zits bu NOT acne.

you need the medication because otherwise you'll end up with a shitload of scars on your face from the infected pores and boils that pop up.

http://acneandrosacea.net/

DarkHalo003
August 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
If washing your face (as in, getting a wet wash cloth and wiping your face with it) every night or morning (whenever you DON'T take a shower) isn't working, then try Noxzema or PURPOSE (General Cleansing Wash). My brother used to have serious issues and those two things took care of most of it. As a general rule of thumb, you should also not be concerned if/when you have acne when you have not shaved in a while.

Acne can end around your age, but there are a TON of people who are in their 20s and easily have it. Unless you're in your mid to late 30s, Acne is a normal part of growing.

And Bodzilla is correct. One reason why it's so prevalent in young adults is because of all of the oils the body produces during puberty or activities involving sweat where it's trapped up.

Limited
August 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
Its due to heightened testosterone levels too.

TeeKup
August 1st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Stress is also a key factor if I recall. I haven't had a breakout in so long I can't remember what did it for me. I essentially did what everyone else said. Wash your face, change your pillow case, and eat a little bit healthier. I've been clear for about 4 years now.

TPBlinD
August 1st, 2011, 08:54 PM
I got mad pimples when my gf broke up with me :'(

Cortexian
August 1st, 2011, 11:47 PM
I got mad pimples when my gf broke up with me :'(
That's called herpes dum dum~

TPBlinD
August 2nd, 2011, 01:52 AM
That's called herpes dum dum~
no man it was on my forehead, i am still std free!!!! if any young ladies were inquiring.

sleepy1212
August 2nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
no man it was on my forehead

u got herpes on ur forehead? gross!

Cortexian
August 2nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
u got herpes on ur forehead? gross!
"That's why I never kiss em on the mouth".

PlasbianX
August 2nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
That's why you don't go ass to mouth.

TPBlinD
August 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
hey you dicks

El Lobo
August 6th, 2011, 12:49 AM
if any young ladies were inquiring.

Rawr. :lobo: