PDA

View Full Version : WHICH VERSION OF HALO COMBAT EVOLVED HAS THE MOST PLAYERS ONLINE?

monkeyman
July 31st, 2011, 04:26 AM
Hi, i currently have Halo Combat Evolved and the "halo.exe" has a version number of 01.00.04.0607. In the multiplayer lobby, i mostly get about 200-300 total players and 50-80 servers. Is there another version of HaloPC that has more that that?(I have Halo Custom Edition version 1.07 and there are usually around 1500-2000 players in there)

please let me know which version has the most people in multiplayer lobby. if possible, please upload to a site, or email me at busystudiying@aol.com

thanks

Cortexian
July 31st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Play on 1.09, the other versions are unsupported because they have security holes that can and will allow people to crash your server. Not to mention, the only reason to play on another version is because you want to play with pirates.

monkeyman
July 31st, 2011, 09:40 AM
that didnt actually answer my question. it doesnt matter what version i play on as long as its legal and is bought; then its fine.

Higuy
July 31st, 2011, 09:47 AM
1.00ce has alway's had the most players from what I've seen. you can get Omega's "Version Changer" to easily switch from version to version too. Download the exe with 1.09, get version changer, and then you can switch to whatever version you like.

Cortexian
July 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM
that didnt actually answer my question. it doesnt matter what version i play on as long as its legal and is bought; then its fine.
If you have a legitimate copy of the game and you're playing on the version with the most pirates players then it's even more important. By playing on 1.00 with pirates, you are essentially supporting the pirates.

Amit
July 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Freelancer, if you really gave a shit, then there wouldn't be pirates playing on your server.

Higuy
July 31st, 2011, 08:26 PM
If you have a legitimate copy of the game and you're playing on the version with the most pirates players then it's even more important. By playing on 1.00 with pirates, you are essentially supporting the pirates.
Who gives a shit? I own two copy's of the game but half the time play on 1.00 simply for the fact that there are way more servers to choose from.

n00b1n8R
August 1st, 2011, 02:10 AM
the only reason to play on another version is because you want to play with pirates.
It's not wanting to play with pirates, it's wanting to play with people.

PS. find me an Australian 1.09 server, I dare you.
PPS. Dante Must Die mode: One that anybody's played on in the last month.

Amit
August 1st, 2011, 02:49 AM
Nobody wants to play with pirates, but if there are no legit people, pirates are all you got left.

monkeyman
August 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
i dont quite understand what you're saying. are you talking about Halo Custom Edition? or Combat Evolved? I'm talking about which version of [Halo: Combat Evolved] has the most players.(I already checked many of the patches for [Halo: Custom Edition] and the best one that I found was patch 1.07 which has 2000 players compared to patch 1.09 which has like 300)

please elaborate about the "1.00ce" and "Omega's Version Changer". I dont know what you mean by 1.00ce; do you mean patch 1.00 for Combat Evolved?

Sean Aero
August 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
By definition you have HaloPC = PC (The original game you install from the disc with the single player storyline)
HaloCE = CE (Custom Edition, the one you download from the web and installed to have access to custom made maps and such without the single player story line)
So 1.00CE means:
v1.00 on Halo Custom Edition

1.07ce with 2000 players? I think your confused about the version number.
Your probably looking at 1.00ce which has the most players similar to the number your indicating.

Still I rarely use the tool called "Version Changer" made by Omega to switch in-game from my current installed 1.09ce to 1.00ce to play with the pirates.
Face it most of them are no challenge based on their ping and skill level, stick to 1.09ce for the best experience I would say.

NullZero
August 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
http://goemitar.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/updates-for-1-09/

monkeyman
August 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
hey thanks NullZero! this worked for me lol, so easy to use...now im gonna lock this thread