PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to take this map/BSP.

August 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Alright, so I've been working on this for probably over a year, and circumstances have come to be that I can't practically work on this any more. However, it's still close to being something that could be good to have in the game, so I want to see if someone will take over/use the BSP somehow. The original intent was to basically make a large ship to have players fight on, with some launch bays to engage in space battles outside it. So, something like a larger scale Sciophobia I suppose. As it is, the ship is supposed to be a Destroyer like the UNSC Heart of Midlothian from the imagery provided of it. As it is, I've fitted the ship with numerous details in it - armories, the bridge, cryo bays, a drop pod bay, escape pod sections, an engine room, so on. Everything is modeled from scratch, although I have reused some textures from Halo Reach/3/ODST here and there to save myself some time when working on it. Not everything is complete currently. (The bridge is missing seating/monitors, etc. details.)

To note, the BSP is 51,669 Polygons in total. My modeling may lack detail in areas as I was aiming to keep things very low poly on the BSP. There are also areas lacking UVW coordinates, and some areas with broken UVWs. However, the majority of the work has been done for the unwrap, it just needs some more work to be complete in that regard. This is mostly for interior areas.

Some Images:

Anyway, I hope someone out there wants to use this for something. It'd be a shame to not put it to use for something. So, if you're interested reply or PM me I suppose.

chrisk123999
August 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Neat.

August 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Seems I forgot to mention, but this has been ingame. (needs a lot of lighting added still)

Edit: Chris is taking the BSP.

OpsY
August 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I hope he can do something to it, it's really a nice model. Your pics don't do justice to it ;)

paladin
August 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
BSP is 51,669 Polygons == aiming to keep things very low poly on the BSP.

lol