PDA

View Full Version : Mythbusters Fansite

Patrickssj6
August 21st, 2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.submyth.net/
I am a big Mythbusters fan myself and right now I am working on a Mythbusters Fansite where people can submit myths, rate and discuss them with other people. The backbone is already setup (Domain, CMS etc.).

I am looking for other Mythbusters enthusiasts who are willing to work on the site. It uses WordPress as the CMS but still a few things need to be done. If you have no clue how WordPress works or think PHP is a disease, we still need people writing articles. We need a lot of comments and criticism on the site/design as well.

I am not looking to assemble a team, just some people who are willing to shed some spare time on this website.

So if you are interested or just want to post some ponies on this matter, go right ahead :iamafag:

EX12693
August 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM
Isnt there already an official Mythbusters fansite..?

Patrickssj6
August 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
http://mythbustersfanclub.com/mb2/

That one with the php error? :P

Most of them are just ranting forums. I want to make a site solely dedicated to submitting myths.

Limited
August 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ugh ugly ass design. I think Shadow is a fan, I watch the odd one here any there.

Patrickssj6
October 14th, 2011, 05:36 AM
So I am still working on this...this is what I have to far:
http://www.submyth.net/

Still needs a lot of work, would be nice if some people could rate/comment so we could get things going. I am still in the process of writing all the aired myths.

dark navi
October 14th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Why not make is an actual forum? How do you have a discussion on a Wordpress anyways...

Patrickssj6
October 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Why not make is an actual forum? How do you have a discussion on a Wordpress anyways...
Works quite well actually :P

jcap
October 18th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I think this is actually an awesome idea. This is a show that is largely community-driven, but there's not enough community interaction. The only ways of having your voice heard are to send Adam/Jamie an email or to post on their discussion board, neither of which actually give an idea of how many fans want to see something done. If a website can be setup that is sort of like Reddit, where users can post ideas and vote up/down myths and provide constructive feedback, a lot of really badass episodes could come out of it.

There could also be a points/award system set up to give users recognition for the popularity of their submission, plus a trophy if their submission ever makes it into an episode.

Patrickssj6
October 19th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I think this is actually an awesome idea. This is a show that is largely community-driven, but there's not enough community interaction. The only ways of having your voice heard are to send Adam/Jamie an email or to post on their discussion board, neither of which actually give an idea of how many fans want to see something done. If a website can be setup that is sort of like Reddit, where users can post ideas and vote up/down myths and provide constructive feedback, a lot of really badass episodes could come out of it.

There could also be a points/award system set up to give users recognition for the popularity of their submission, plus a trophy if their submission ever makes it into an episode.
Thanks, exactly my thoughts.

I thought og a points/reward systems as well but since Wordpress doesn't have real "profiles" I am going to implement them later on. Right now I need to focus to put more time into the site, writing the aired myths.