PDA

View Full Version : Steve jobs resigns.

=sw=warlord
August 25th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Seems Steve jobs has finally made the call. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14664226)

Kalub
August 25th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Cool.

n00b1n8R
August 25th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Apple stocks dropped like 5%. Glad to hear it, the man was a thief anyway.

Rainbow Dash
August 25th, 2011, 07:45 AM
k

Kornman00
August 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
no one cares

ThePlague
August 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
no one careshttp://k.min.us/jhXq5Wu8.png

Hotrod
August 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Maybe Apple will stop making shitty, over expensive products.

Warsaw
August 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Lolno. Jobs is still going to be Chairman of the Board. Tim Cook, who almost looks like a Jobs clone, operates like Jobs and will maintain the thievery.

Amit
August 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM

Apple doesn't make shitty products, just products that are overpriced and have design flaws.

Warsaw
August 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Their products don't have design flaws, they have moral flaws.

Bodzilla
August 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Dont apple have manufacturing company's in china contracted to them that have 36 hour long shifts?

InnerGoat
August 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM
no stebe no..... :smith:

TVTyrant
August 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
WOZNIAK! WOZNIAK!

Amit
August 26th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Their products don't have design flaws, they have moral flaws.

Yes moral, as well, but the design flaws are there. Which genius thought that putting an SD slot next to the open slit super drive was a good idea. The screen of the iMac is so large that you just feel around the side of the thing and end up pushing the SD card into the superdrive instead. Course it takes a little effort to get the SD card out of the DVD drive, but wtf Apple. If your computers are ginormous, you know people ain't gonna be craning their neck around the side of the thing every time they want to put the SD card in so just place the card reader on the other side.

Warsaw
August 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM
They should have put a muted grey icon under the glass on the front that points towards the location of the SD slot and the Super Drive. Maybe make a suggestion to them?

Amit
August 27th, 2011, 08:18 PM
That sounds genius. However, Apple NEVER listens to suggestions.

Warsaw
August 27th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately, you are right about that. The only time Apple does something suggested by someone else is if that someone else made a product using said suggestion, and they liked the results. See also iOS 4 upgrades imitating WP7 and Android.

Mr Buckshot
August 28th, 2011, 01:59 AM
eh SSDB

Yes moral, as well, but the design flaws are there. Which genius thought that putting an SD slot next to the open slit super drive was a good idea. The screen of the iMac is so large that you just feel around the side of the thing and end up pushing the SD card into the superdrive instead. Course it takes a little effort to get the SD card out of the DVD drive, but wtf Apple. If your computers are ginormous, you know people ain't gonna be craning their neck around the side of the thing every time they want to put the SD card in so just place the card reader on the other side.

LOL, that made my day, didn't realize the iMac could be any worse (after axing the num-pad on the keyboard and peddling the least ergonomic mouse of this age).

To add, which genius decided it was a good idea to have only two USB ports, way too close to each other, on a 15" macbook pro? Even my netbook has three well-spaced-apart ports, on opposite sides, and still crams in more ports than even a 17" macbook pro. Also the iPhone continues to lack features that the very ordinary phone I used in 2006 had, such as bluetooth file transfer and the ability to copy to/from a SIM card. There are so many physical and software design flaws with Apple products, it's not even funny. I don't even need to talk about the specs-to-price ratio of their computers, that's already a given, but they could at least give some practicality for the price.

Then again, I'm probably the complete opposite of the average Apple buyer, so yeah.

/PC supremacy (and to some extent Linux)

Limited
August 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Wow, Steve is looking really frail. He looks like hes aged 20 years. So sad to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031100/Gaunt-frail-cancer-battle-takes-toll-Steve-Jobs-picture-left-Apple.html
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/28/article-2031100-0D9A5C4400000578-814_306x750.jpg

Masterz1337
August 29th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Apparently the pic is fake, I haven't seen anything in the NYT or WSJ which seems fishy too.

The amount of stupidity in this thread is unbelievable, Job's influence on modern computers is undeniable, you owe him every time you pick up your Android phone or bootup windows. Also as much as you can bitch about the hardware/or software, yeah they have flaws but what product is perfect? Even though I got rid of my iPhone at least it doesn't delete my text messages as I receive them (not to mention the countless other android phones that still can't send sms to the right person) or randomly reboot like my Atrix, and there's still MacBooks running strong from 2006, while anyone who knows me knows of my experience with premium dell laptops.

Get your heads out of your butts and give Steve and Apple the respect they rightfully deserve, if you're so sure you know better than him, go start your own company. That's where he started after all.

Mr Buckshot
August 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I don't deny Apple has some cool innovative ideas, such as Macbook touchpads or the iPhone/iTouch multitouch screen or the whole concept of the iPad, but even when Apple comes up with something new, the competition immediately catches up and surpasses it while keeping a much more desirable price and at the same time correcting major flaws that Apple steadfastedly refuses to correct (mostly form-over-function issues).

sorry mate, I guess some of us are a bit overzealous in Apple-bashing :D Actually, I want to like some Apple products, such as the Macbook Pro, but you have to admit, Apple also needs to get its own head out of its ass sometimes and fix laughable flaws that were "fixed" years ago (hint: the quantity and position of USB Ports, lack of certain keys on the keyboard, etc).

Warsaw
August 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
The competition has yet to surpass the iPad. Nobody seems to know how to make a desirable tablet, and the garbage they release is always priced equal to the iPad. The competition also has yet to make a product that has demand surpassing that of the iPhone. You can't say "Androind vs. iPhone" because one is an operating system and the other is a whole product.

Cortexian
August 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Get your heads out of your butts and give Steve and Apple the respect they rightfully deserve
No.

ThePlague
August 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
:like:

Masterz1337
August 29th, 2011, 08:57 PM
The competition has yet to surpass the iPad. Nobody seems to know how to make a desirable tablet, and the garbage they release is always priced equal to the iPad. The competition also has yet to make a product that has demand surpassing that of the iPhone. You can't say "Androind vs. iPhone" because one is an operating system and the other is a whole product.

There was a good article about HP the other day saying their touchpad's clearance sale is the first time there has been a competitor product to the iPad to generate a similar reaction (sellouts, people calling stores, people lining up in front and camping out). It suggested HP could have just severely discounted the tablet and spent a minimum on advertising rather than the millions that they did. It's to bad they didn't do that, webOS is great and I'm replacing my Atrix 4G with a HP Veer.

Masterz1337
August 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I don't deny Apple has some cool innovative ideas, such as Macbook touchpads or the iPhone/iTouch multitouch screen or the whole concept of the iPad, but even when Apple comes up with something new, the competition immediately catches up and surpasses it while keeping a much more desirable price and at the same time correcting major flaws that Apple steadfastedly refuses to correct (mostly form-over-function issues).

sorry mate, I guess some of us are a bit overzealous in Apple-bashing :D Actually, I want to like some Apple products, such as the Macbook Pro, but you have to admit, Apple also needs to get its own head out of its ass sometimes and fix laughable flaws that were "fixed" years ago (hint: the quantity and position of USB Ports, lack of certain keys on the keyboard, etc).
I wouldn't say anything has really surpassed the iPhone or OSX yet, Android has the momentum but where it excels in features it lacks in ease of use and customer satisfaction. OSX is a much better operating system, although for many people here the things they like to do aren't really suited well for the mac. Soon as I get HCE and my tools running with parallels on my mac i'm going to pot a vid though, I think most people will be impressed.

As far as the "flaws" you listed, I'm sure they can be debated, but it is important to note that whatever flaws there may be in your opinion, it isn't a flaw for everyone else. The keyboard for the mac is far better than anything else I've typed on, and I know several switchers who would agree with that. There was an open letter to the RIM executives where an employee questioned their advertising, as the advertising promotes flash compatibility, when it's clear by the iPad sales and satisfaction that it's really not needed or wanted. What's a flaw to people like us isn't always a flaw. Don't forget the original iMac was said to be flawed for having a mouse and GUI, and we all know how that turned out..

Masterz1337
August 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM
No.
Aren't you suppose to like, set an example for others to follow? Or am I not getting the purpose of you being a forum leader?

Warsaw
August 30th, 2011, 09:31 PM
There was a good article about HP the other day saying their touchpad's clearance sale is the first time there has been a competitor product to the iPad to generate a similar reaction (sellouts, people calling stores, people lining up in front and camping out). It suggested HP could have just severely discounted the tablet and spent a minimum on advertising rather than the millions that they did. It's to bad they didn't do that, webOS is great and I'm replacing my Atrix 4G with a HP Veer.

I wish HP wasn't run by schmucks, they had a veritable gold-mine on their hands with WebOS, just like MS has one with WP7. Both just fail at every single marketing tactic to the detriment of their profit margins and the image of the product.

As for your comment on OSX, that is highly debatable. The one reason it turns heads is its UI, and that's the one biggest problem with it: it's so terribly inefficient. I have to use Macs at Mason all the time, and the whole dock/title bar thing just fucks my workflow six ways from Sunday even still, and I have a whole goddamn 2560x1600 pixels to work with. If they'd change that and manufacture a proper high-end consumer system with some actual desirable components, I wouldn't poo-poo their platform so much.

Nero
August 31st, 2011, 01:22 AM
I own the HP tablet, the Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Ipad/2. Imo, the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 has a lot more UI features and feels faster. So I say that the Ipad's are a thing of the past and competition has caught up with it and has surpassed it. Also, did I mention that the Galaxy has built in GPS so you don't need data plan if you have the proper app? :)
No wonder Apple sued Samsung in Europe/Australia and had to photoshop the evidence to win. :p
Edit; apparently they are now losing in some countries (Apple) and are trying to go back to court in the ones they won.
But anyways, I forgot to state my opinion; Steve and Apple can goto hell. :)

neuro
August 31st, 2011, 02:09 AM
i wouldn't let apple or Steve suck my dick, if they paid me to.

Cortexian
August 31st, 2011, 05:14 AM
I would, just to see how an Apple would suck my dick.

Fuck you though Steve, keep your cancer-mouth away from my genitalia.

Patrickssj6
August 31st, 2011, 05:43 AM
I would, just to see how an Apple would suck my dick.

Fuck you though Steve, keep your cancer-mouth away from my genitalia.
Genitilly is the diminutive, not genitalia.

Warsaw
August 31st, 2011, 11:16 AM
But anyways, I forgot to state my opinion; Steve and Apple can goto hell. :)

Be very wary of Google though; they are a far more evil company than Apple. At least Apple is open about its policies and doesn't sell your information away. Google is a sneaky bastard that made its fortune by selling people out, and it wants to continue that practice on the OS level and WITH a paid subscription by users.