PDA

View Full Version : End of an era AKA lifetime friendships mean shit to 4kids.

n00b1n8R
September 3rd, 2011, 02:45 AM
Meowth (Japanese: ニャース Nyarth) is a former member of Team Rocket in a trio with Jessie and James. He now travels with Ash, Iris and Cilan.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Meowth_%28anime%29

This is what happens when shows run for most of your life. Shit goes wrong.

:smith:

In BW042, while in Nimbasa City, Team Rocket prepared to put their latest plan into action. Later, in the next episode, Meowth was found injured by Ash, Iris and Cilan. While recovering, Meowth explained that while in Nimbasa City, he had botched up Team Rocket's scheme badly and was fired by Giovanni, leading to Jessie and James turning their backs on him.

:smithicide:

Bodzilla
September 3rd, 2011, 04:18 AM
this is fucking outrageous.

Kornman00
September 3rd, 2011, 04:24 AM
I totally forgot about that little turd. And most of everything else related to pokemon.

Pokemon will die when Power Rangers die. IE, never. Pokemon will also get better when PR gets better. IE, never again.

thehoodedsmack
September 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Don't see what 4Kids has to do with any of that, but I wouldn't expect this to be a permanent change. The show's been running for over 10 years with almost no plot development to speak of. Why start now?

Rainbow Dash
September 3rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
the show kinda always sucked, sooooo?

Amit
September 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Stopped being good just after the start of the Hoenn Region season.

ThePlague
September 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
WHY YOU DO DIS? WHO'S GOING TO SAY "MEOWTH, THAT'S RIGHT"?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pooky
September 3rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Don't really understand what this has to do with 4kids

Masterz1337
September 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Honestly that doesn't sound that bad, it be boring for him to be doing the same old shit for 10 years.

Zeph
September 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Maybe now after ten fucking years Team Rocket will finally be able to catch pikachu.

Pikachu is still a character in the show, right?

Cortexian
September 5th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Pikachu is still a character in the show, right?
They probably fired him.

Patrickssj6
September 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
After I saw this thread I took a look at the first episode of the last (?) season and Pikachu is still there....refusing to evolve and without a gray mustache.

n00b1n8R
September 5th, 2011, 08:51 AM
ITT: I'm too cool for children shows made to sell products. Lets talk about ponies instead! :iamafag:

Aerowyn
September 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
ITT: I'm too cool for children shows made to sell products. Lets talk about ponies instead! :iamafag:

I agree, Meowth and Pikachu are stupid. PONYTA AND RAPIDASH ARE WHERE IT'S AT!!!

This thread now worships Ponyta. Resume.

arbiter901
September 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Stopped being good just after the start of the Hoenn Region season.
This

Rook
September 6th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Blame the creators of the anime in japan. 4kids just dub and cut out naughty parts.

CodeBrain
September 6th, 2011, 06:52 AM
In BW042, while in Nimbasa City, Team Rocket prepared to put their latest plan into action. Later, in the next episode, Meowth was found injured by Ash, Iris and Cilan. While recovering, Meowth explained that while in Nimbasa City, he had botched up Team Rocket's scheme badly and was fired by Giovanni, leading to Jessie and James turning their backs on him.

Now, lets split this up into two different quotes:

In BW042, while in Nimbasa City, Team Rocket prepared to put their latest plan into action.

Here we see that Team Rocket is ready to do some shit.

However:

Later, in the next episode, Meowth was found injured by Ash, Iris and Cilan. While recovering, Meowth explained that while in Nimbasa City, he had botched up Team Rocket's scheme badly and was fired by Giovanni, leading to Jessie and James turning their backs on him.

I don't watch the anime, but based on what the quote says I would infer that the plan that Team Rocket made is never shown, only that they have one. Suddenly we have Meowth being hurt and abandoned, and his reason is because he fucked up and now he is disowned. We dont see Meowth fail at all, we just find him like this. Why did it just suddenly skip?

There's a reason for that inconsistency. This is the plan that Team Rocket had. Meowth was not fired but rather told to spy on them to give Team Rocket intel on various things so they know what/what not to go for.

Like I said, I dont watch the anime so I wouldn't know if what I said is the case or not. /vp/ doesn't believe this for one bit either, so don't think he's done with Team Rocket yet. All shall be revealed in due time.

Also to reiterate the only thing 4kids does is dubbing most japanese anime in the english language, and removing various scenes/dialogue if they were unfitting (because of age or things like that). An example of one removed episode was where James got breast implants to signup for a swim suit contest, only to try to take Pikachu. First Season, never aired on televison, but can be seen on some video tapes.

STLRamsFan
January 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Bumping this back up, just read that Meowth actually never got fired. Turns out it was all just a scheme by Team Rocket to get all their Pokemon. Interesting...

DarkHalo003
January 5th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Knew it. Where's Limited with that Steve Colbert .GIF?

nuttyyayap
January 5th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Team Rocket needs moar Murkrow.

paladin
January 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM
You poor saps, who would believe that scheme...

TVTyrant
January 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
This was incredibly predictable. The story in that show hasn't moved since Johto.

Amit
January 6th, 2012, 02:43 AM
You poor saps, who would believe that scheme...

Gullible children would.