PDA

View Full Version : [APP] SmG Clan's Halo CE External Ping Reader

Cloud
September 8th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Requested by king_nothing_ (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?1051-king_nothing_)

You will have to run halo custom edition in windowed mode ( add " -windowed" to target line)

I know its sloppy i did not have alot of time.
Let me know if there are any errors.

Download -> http://www.mediafire.com/?3i1f192c5uivxx4

Credits-
SmG Cloud-> main coding and memory scanning
SmG PirateEggs-> testing and coding
Patrickssj6-> helped with error
KiwiDoggie-> helped with errors

king_nothing_
September 8th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Looks good. Thank you.

Cloud
September 8th, 2011, 06:34 PM
No problem it was fun i have an idea for an update. So any changes you want let me know.

Amit
September 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Looks cool. I'd like to have my own ping constantly shown in the top left corner of the screen, but I'm not going to sacrifice my full screen mode for it. Has anyone found a way to implement this into OS yet?

Kornman00
September 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM
It would be pretty trivial to implement it in OS. Someone could just define a new ingame menu option for turning it on/off, use our not-so-pretty TextBox for rendering the information, then just call the update from Players::Update. Just don't look at me, I have bigger fish to fry.

Would also be interesting to see someone do it with one of those gaming keyboards that have the display thing on them.

Cloud
September 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I can do it in C++ probably this i mean. But im not very good so it wont look purdy well neither does this but.. lol its worth a shot.

supersniper
September 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
c++ is all cmd and .dll hook based cloud, there's no gui unless you create it yourself, unless you find time to learn it and truly understand it, it'll be a true hassle for you.

Cloud
September 8th, 2011, 10:37 PM
c++ is all cmd and .dll hook based cloud, there's no gui unless you create it yourself, unless you find time to learn it and truly understand it, it'll be a true hassle for you.

not really just time consuming.
You can figure anything out and do anything if you put your mind to it.

All i need to do is draw this menu to work for this.

Amit
September 8th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I'd much rather have a miniature score overlay in the top left corner if it is possible, then. It'd be cool if we could customize if we want to see:

1. The person in first place (and their kills + Captures), yourself (and kills + captures), and the person one rank above you.

Or

2. All players in the game with their score, kill count, and ping.

If it's possible I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I would not be able to make head or tails of the programming involved.

supersniper
September 8th, 2011, 11:57 PM
then cloud will need to learn about d3d overlaying and drawing, as well as an overlay menu (if he peruses that route)

it won't be a one day thing i can tell you that.

Cloud
September 9th, 2011, 01:21 AM
then cloud will need to learn about d3d overlaying and drawing, as well as an overlay menu (if he peruses that route)

it won't be a one day thing i can tell you that.

Already know how to do that.
Draw text
Draw menus
write addresses
read addresses
model log xD
make menus with graphic backgrounds
Buncha stuff it just depends where im going to put all this.

urbanyoung
September 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know how it would be done in OS but if you want to make it all yourself you can just hook a couple DirectX functions and you get full access to Halo's D3DDevice. I think all you'll need is CreateDevice and EndScene. A nice guide can be found here (http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/sro-coding-corner/268536-guide-locating-silkroad-s-direct3d-objects.html).

KantIZBack
September 11th, 2011, 03:26 AM
you mean copy paste from IDunpleh's source :woop::woop::woop::woop: