PDA

View Full Version : someone made a better product than ours???? better sue!!!

Rainbow Dash
September 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=22173

Could these patents be any more fucking obscure?

Cortexian
September 11th, 2011, 07:03 PM
These patent wars are just getting anoying, kinda stopped caring to read the news articles.

Warsaw
September 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Clearly that lawsuit had no effect, seeing that it is now September and HTC has since released many more new Android phones in this country.

But yeah. This patent war is bullshit. Also, US Senate passed a bill that makes the US PTO give rights to the first to file rather than the first with the idea, making this country cater to the big guys.

Yay.

annihilation
September 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Apple apparently owns the right to technology.

JackalStomper
September 11th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Hey apple,

suck my fucking cock.

Warsaw
September 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Apple apparently owns the right to technology anything useful.

ftfy.

Donut
September 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM
because apple needs more money.

t3h m00kz
September 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM
There is always open source and free stuff... do patents apply to that stuff?

Bodzilla
September 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
isn't HTC backed by google?

google will own apple.

Warsaw
September 11th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Sort of. Apple is deliberately avoiding a straight fight with Google. That said, I wouldn't mind HTC stopping manufacture of Android handsets because then they'd actually put some effort into their WP7 line. I would like to see another company other than Nokia produce a quality WP7 handset, because I like that platform.

neuro
September 12th, 2011, 02:18 AM
and how many Apple products do all of you own?

i'm still comfortable sitting on 0

TeeKup
September 12th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I owned 1, I sold it at Gamestop for 50 bucks. Didn't buy it originally.

Phopojijo
September 12th, 2011, 02:39 AM
There is always open source and free stuff... do patents apply to that stuff?Ohhhhhh yeah. Big time.

Here's how the patent system works: If I can't beat you through innovation I sue you for infringing on my obscure patents. You either die, pay a royalty (which is difficult for Free/Open Source to say the least) or you (or a friend) counter-sues for the plaintiff infringing on your patents -- which they invariably do because there's too many of them that any given company is infringing on dozens/hundreds of them for everything they do at every given time. They then agree to cross-license -- maybe with a little cash settlement one way or the other -- and life carries on as usual.

Basically patents are one of a handful of ways that the big stay big... and there literally is no benefit in the patent system for the little guy.

Unless the little guy is a patent troll and literally doesn't actually do anything to be counter-sued against.

Warsaw
September 12th, 2011, 03:14 AM
and how many Apple products do all of you own?

i'm still comfortable sitting on 0

Zero. I am never, ever spending money on an Apple product. If a family member or whatever wants to buy me one as a gift, that's one thing. But I'm voting with my wallet, and my vote says "No Apple." It also says "No Google."

TeeKup
September 12th, 2011, 03:18 AM
The Wallet commands all.

Kornman00
September 12th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Only one solution to this problem.

We must kill. Steve. Jobs.

Well that, or make a Worm that eats Apple from the inside out.

Nah, both!

=sw=warlord
September 12th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Isn't Jobs dying anyway due to Cancer?
I seem to remember something a while back about Liver Cancer or something.

sleepy1212
September 12th, 2011, 07:43 AM
He's suing cancer for violating a patent for incurability.

Zeph
September 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
If those two patents are valid, Apple owns the patent to every program that works with data and every device that plugs into another device.

Kornman00
September 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I'm surprised they hadn't made a device yet that self replicates by plugging in to one another...

Coming this Fall, the all new iFuck!

Warsaw
September 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised they hadn't made a device yet that self replicates by plugging in to one another...

Coming this Fall, the all new iFuck!

So we are all going to get sued for violating the Apple patent on sexual reproduction?

Kornman00
September 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
You can't reproduce without Steve Christ's Job's blessing! Or without paying 1 bajillion dorras.

Heh, I can already imagine Apple owning all the whore houses in the world.

Say, don't Apple fanbois usually quip about MS being assholes and such? I don't see a difference between the companies and their profiles anymore.

Nero
September 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM
It is a matter of time before Apple falls and becomes the old Mac.... Where no one gave a shit about them.

t3h m00kz
September 12th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Ubuntu and android.

Yes I'm a hippy

Warsaw
September 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
If you were a hippie you'd be using ArchLinux and rooting your phone to run Android sans Google services.

Cortexian
September 12th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I've only ever bought one Apple product, my iPhone 4. That's because I need a phone that actually runs the apps the way they were designed to be run. Literally every other phone I've had has been unstable as fuck, which is not something I need to deal with when trying to make a call, send email, etc..

neuro
September 13th, 2011, 12:51 AM
CONFORMIST CONFORMIST!!

NAZI LOVER!

Warsaw
September 13th, 2011, 12:58 AM
I've only ever bought one Apple product, my iPhone 4. That's because I need a phone that actually runs the apps the way they were designed to be run. Literally every other phone I've had has been unstable as fuck, which is not something I need to deal with when trying to make a call, send email, etc..

WP7 is stable as hell...was that not out at the time, or were the device offerings with it just not up to par? I just ordered myself an unlocked Samsung Omnia 7 because none of the US offerings are any good.

Spartan094
September 13th, 2011, 05:59 AM
CONFORMIST CONFORMIST!!

NAZI LOVER!
:like:

Oh and I will enjoy my HTC Evo 3d, suck my dick apple.

Warsaw
September 14th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I just bought a Samsung Omnia 7 for $340 unlocked. :-3 It's not a US phone, but it works with voice and UMTS 1900MHz 3G on AT&T. All of the US-market devices with WP7 are garbage for varying reasons.