PDA

View Full Version : If you live in Jersey...

ChemicalFizz
September 16th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Well...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/new-york/jersey-shore-tax-credit-approved-nj-taxpayers-angry-190418604.html

Your money -> Collected by the state -> Jersey Shore/Degradation of Society -> ???/FIST PUMP -> PROFIT

TeeKup
September 16th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Dear god. There are times that I tolerate the stupidity of the south over the stupidity of the north. At least we have good food...and Charleston...and bible thumpers...

Oh fuck it....

sleepy1212
September 16th, 2011, 06:34 AM
$420,000! They could've paid half that to have a tanning bed turned into a death machine.

JackalStomper
September 16th, 2011, 07:35 AM
on the flipside the bk-mdma right next to you i don't live near you so it took forever to get me engaged in economics as i went to bed and just generally fucked everything up

Bodzilla
September 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
you do realize thats it's actually standard practice to advertise and subsidize film and tv shows to film in a location to attract money from everyone associated with the project so they spend their money in the local economy AND they get FREE advertising in return?

or dont you?

Standard practice, it just happend to be that this time it's a terrible show.

Rainbow Dash
September 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
http://wonkette.com/453258/hero-new-jersey-mayor-remembers-911-with-memorial-to-himself

:3

JackalStomper
September 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM
you do realize thats it's actually standard practice to advertise and subsidize film and tv shows to film in a location to attract money from everyone associated with the project so they spend their money in the local economy AND they get FREE advertising in return?

or dont you?

Standard practice, it just happend to be that this time it's a terrible show.

My words exactly. Just not exactly.

jcap
September 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
How the hell did this even pass?

Limited
September 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Goodness me, what an idiotic tax.

Then again, I gotta admit....I watch the show :O Its trash tv and utter crap, but for some reason I watch it. If it wasnt American, I would stop though.

Kornman00
September 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Limited...

You just lost my respect. If that means anything.

TeeKup
September 16th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Goodness me, what an idiotic tax.

Then again, I gotta admit....I watch the show :O Its trash tv and utter crap, but for some reason I watch it. If it wasnt American, I would stop though.

What the hell is with the Lucky Star and Little Pony syndrome lately. Why do people watch this crap.

Patrickssj6
September 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cartman representing tax payers...oh and Limited.

8KJqcuz6yp8

Rainbow Dash
September 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
What the hell is with the Lucky Star and Little Pony syndrome lately. Why do people watch this crap.

Next time if you can't figure out why people like something, this is a much easier way to get them to explain why they find it enjoyable, than just attacking everyone who posts about it like you've been doing.

I'll oblige.

I don't necessarily find it fascinating, and admittedly if it didn't make so many people ridiculously angry from the fact that I enjoyed the show I probably wouldn't throw it around as much. No one can really pretend it's some amazingly deep show, it's not, however it's definitely a very fun cartoon, with all sorts of great references, and lighthearted happy stories. Overall the whole thing is very reminiscent of older Disney movies, and cartoons that also had a broad appeal that most people my age enjoyed back when they were younger, shows such as Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, Invader Zim, and other fun cartoons.

Each episode has a story and message, albeit a simple one that can find an application in the development of younger children's social skills, and help older viewers re-learn something they may have forgotten. This is in sharp contrast to the most children's shows, which are usually just absolutely awful (I have two 8 & 13 year old cousins, I've witnessed some absolutely horrible kids shows).

Additionally, in sharp contrast to the constant bombardment WAR FAMINE DEATH AIDS WAR FAMINE DEATH AIDS that nearly everyone hears about the show lacks any cynicism, and always has a wonderfully happy ending.

The art style is unique and brilliant, and reflects the show's happy theme, the music is surprisingly well done for a children's show, and everything about the character design is adorable.

You should also read these.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic,55168/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic#Critical_recep tion

jcap comment: I've allowed this post to end the MLP drama in this thread. All MLP talk goes in the dedicated MLP thread, and if you don't have anything positive to say there, then don't say it at all.

TeeKup
September 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
So how about them fucking Yankees and their fake tans.

Donut
September 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM
did something bad happen in here while i was gone? because my post is gone and sel is banned...

TVTyrant
September 17th, 2011, 12:09 AM
did something bad happen in here while i was gone? because my post is gone and sel is banned...
Simply the best MLP battle ever. It was better than Yugi vs. Kaiba.