PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs is dead.

INSANEdrive
October 5th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Oh man...what do you even say...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/statement-by-apples-board-of-directors-2011-10-05
-------------------------------------------------------
You say this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

Edit2: After an hour, I think I have finally found the words (along with the ability to speak). While I am no apple fan, I can't ignore the huge impact Steve Jobs has made to the world. He and his team made a huge chunk of our current future that we live in now and I think they only way to mourn such an over all successful and talented individual is with rigorous applause louder and louder till it reaches the heavens.

Amen and Godspeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b661ovU1rPU&ob=av3e

Edit 3: Code Fix. Done.

king_nothing_
October 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/05/us-apple-jobs-idUSTRE79472K20111005

(Reuters) - Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.

Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday.

The Silicon Valley icon who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

Jobs, who fought a rare form of pancreatic cancer, was deemed the heart and soul of a company that rivals Exxon Mobil as the most valuable in America.

(Reporting by Edwin Chan; Editing by Gary Hill)

chrisk123999
October 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

jcap
October 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Came here to post this.

It's a shame he lost his battle with cancer...RIP :(

n00b1n8R
October 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Glad he's not going to be coming back to apple. He was a thief and an asshole. Nothing lost.

MXC
October 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
While I could never say that I was a fan of Apple, Steve Jobs made incredible strides in moving technology forward, more than I or anyone ever could.

RIP Steve. I may be a PC but cynics be damned, this is a death felt across all consumers of technology.

JackalStomper
October 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM
the economy must be really bad if even apple is losing jobs[/badjoke]

RIP steve

dark navi
October 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
the economy must be really bad if even apple is losing jobs[/badjoke]

RIP steve

An Apple a day apparently doesn't do the Job of keeping the doctor away.

Anyways, this man was a saint. Good man. We'll miss ya.

ODX
October 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Glad he's not going to be coming back to apple. He was a thief and an asshole. Nothing lost.Little fact: If it wasn't for Steve Jobs, Pixar might not be where it is now.

Maybe now you'll rethink your opinion (unless you're a fucking idiot and somehow hate Pixar too).

INSANEdrive
October 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Please do not feed the trolls. Thank you.

Edit: Since I don't want to be part of the..."discussion" (Heh.)... that is occurring on the far end of this thread at the moment of my edit I feel it best to post in an edit here. I have seen what many have said about Steve Jobs. Both good...and bad (even blasphemous at times). And so my observant and rhetorical question is this:

What good is venom on a dead man?

Spartan094
October 5th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I might dislike Apple but this saddens me.

StankBacon
October 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
pixar sucks, apple sucks, meh.

InnerGoat
October 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Kids are too young to know how awesome Steve was.

RIP

Nero
October 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Little fact: If it wasn't for Steve Jobs, Pixar might not be where it is now.

Maybe now you'll rethink your opinion (unless you're a fucking idiot and somehow hate Pixar too).

Just because he did something good for once, doesn't make his wrongs right. Therefore what n00b said, still stands. Also, Pixar could have still went places without Steve, as it was originally owned by Lucas Arts and therefore it still had potential to become something very big (like it did).

CabooseJr
October 5th, 2011, 08:20 PM
It's a tragic day, but once he stepped down I knew it was only a matter of time.

DEElekgolo
October 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
He was a good marketer. He was not an innovator.
He made logs of shit sound like piles of diamond. I value him for this and nothing more.

What a loss.

t3h m00kz
October 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
He never donated to charity.

annihilation
October 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
RIP Steve Jobs. I remember the first time I ever saw a computer, the iMac G3. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

TVTyrant
October 5th, 2011, 09:44 PM
An interesting man who lead an interesting life. I am not an Apple fan, but there is no denying how much influence their technology has had on the western world.

RIP you greedy, greedy man.

Kornman00
October 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Guess there wasn't an app for curing cancer

t3h m00kz
October 5th, 2011, 11:11 PM
ZIIIING

Donut
October 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
really puts shit in perspective when somebody dies doesnt it... cant say im too sad though. the tears are for when we have to make a thread like this for Connery :saddowns:

PlasbianX
October 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
iDead.

Too soon?

Bodzilla
October 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
He was a good marketer. He was not an innovator.
He made logs of shit sound like piles of diamond. I value him for this and nothing more.

What a loss.
this times a billion

neuro
October 6th, 2011, 03:14 AM
just another corpse.

one of a few thousand per day, EVERY day.
nothing changes.

TeeKup
October 6th, 2011, 03:24 AM
If it were the God-Emperor then we'd have a problem...a BIG problem.

Rest in peace mister Jobs, may God give you your ultimate iPad...or vice versa, whatever works.

Jelly
October 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
a real shame, he was one of the only people in the tech industry who could tell when something was a piece of shit.

Limited
October 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Some of the replies to this thread sicken me.

He was a great pioneer, and its a shock, and he will be missed.

ODX
October 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Some of the replies to this thread sicken me..

Seriously, all the Apple haters need to just shut up and not post. If you are going to post, at least TRY to show some sympathy for a man who has greatly affected all our lives (no matter how much you don't care to admit it).

Hotrod
October 6th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Agreed with Limited...a great man has passed away, and all you have to say is that he's an asshole and that you're glad he's gone? I'll be somewhat childish here and say that if you have nothing good to say then just don't say anything at all.

Amit
October 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
RIP Steve Jobs. I remember the first time I ever saw a computer, the iMac G3. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

The first time you ever saw a computer? What the fuck? How old are you?

leorimolo
October 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
And it was an imac G3? seriously???!?! I remember the big old grey box apples we had at school.

STLRamsFan
October 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Sad to hear he passed away. Will be using my iPhone and MacBook Pro in style in his memory.

Jelly
October 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM

dont you dare do this to steve jobs thread

Amit
October 6th, 2011, 01:23 PM
dont you dare do this to steve jobs thread

Go back, read the entire thread and then you'll see why somebody else's quote should be in your previous post and not mine.

Siliconmaster
October 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
RIP Steve Jobs. I grew up with a mac, and though I am now a pc person, I fully respect the gains in technology that man helped push forward. Regardless of any criticisms about his character, it cannot be denied he was a hugely influential man. He will be missed.

TVTyrant
October 6th, 2011, 03:18 PM
^This.

E: Wozniak should be the next CEO. Its what the world wants.

Pooky
October 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Some rich guy I never met died.

Oh well.

Kornman00
October 6th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Hitler was an influential man and changed the world as well. Guess how old he was when he died committed suicide?

neuro
October 7th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Some of the replies to this thread sicken me.

yeah me too, the amount of ass-kissery makes my stomach turn.

StankBacon
October 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM
hah

Bodzilla
October 7th, 2011, 12:45 PM
sorry guys i dont want to burst your bubble, but if your praising Jobs for anything other then him being brilliant at marketing, or the fact he started a company, lost control of it then came back.... well then your deluded.

the man didnt innovate shit other then the VERY first things he did.
after that apple has been all about stealing other peoples ideas, patenting them, and sueing anyone that disagreed with them.
and then marketing their stolen ideas extremely well to non tech oriented people who didnt understand the whole scope of what was going on.

Thats how apple made their money.
it wasnt with brand new innovative ideas.
it was with this
http://www.ipodhistory.com/images/poster.jpg

jcap
October 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
NeXT was so far ahead of its time. Truly one of the most revolutionary operating systems.

j02b8Fuz73A

JackalStomper
October 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
:/
http://i.imgur.com/vRuFV.png

Amit
October 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM
lol

Bodzilla
October 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM
"thank you steve for exploiting the poor labor laws in china and not giving a single cent to charity"

LETS MOURNE THIS GUY, HE"S IMPORTANT OK.
there is no nope.avi that is big enough.

t3h m00kz
October 7th, 2011, 06:40 PM
People are entitled to their opinions

=sw=warlord
October 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM
"thank you steve for exploiting the poor labor laws in china and not giving a single cent to charity"

LETS MOURNE THIS GUY, HE"S IMPORTANT OK.
there is no nope.avi that is big enough.
That's practically every single large business.
Foxconn even have a policy involving suicides where families are paid out over such things.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides)
Herp derp let's pretend apple are the only people doing these things guiz.

Bodzilla
October 7th, 2011, 10:54 PM
That's practically every single large business.
Foxconn even have a policy involving suicides where families are paid out over such things.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides)
Herp derp let's pretend apple are the only people doing these things guiz.
last i checked this had nothing to do with apple, and everything to do with a old scrouge.

Look at bill gates for example. you wanna praise someone, he's a much better candidate.

n00b1n8R
October 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
last i checked this had nothing to do with apple, and everything to do with a old scrouge.

Look at bill gates for example. you wanna praise someone, he's a much better candidate.
qft

justin108
October 8th, 2011, 12:34 AM
NeXT was so far ahead of its time. Truly one of the most revolutionary operating systems.

j02b8Fuz73A

I am not an Apple guy now days, but this statement is so true. I am not an Apple hater either, just too broke to buy one. Their industrial design is something to be admired.

Even this ugly thing I wanted. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DNqcIo738Sc/SRykH-wzVwI/AAAAAAAAAFo/q6DPW4HOiuY/s1600-h/apple2001.jpg

Limited
October 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Right I'm tired of the shit in this thread. Why was Jobs great?

He made things you didnt even know you wanted. Why is that important? If you ask a customer what they want and make it, by the time you've R&D'd it, put it into production, all of which takes a long time. You hand it back to the customer and they are now bored with it. iPod is a great example of this. There was some MP3s around but they didnt have great functionality, jobs took that idea and improve on it immensely, putting it in a tidy and pleasing form factor.

The amount of care and detail put into all of the products. Jobs had to love each of the products before they were sold. He famously rang an employee personally on a weekend to speak of his irritation that a single O on the product was the wrong shade of yellow. This amount of attention to detail is clearly shown in all products.

You all say hes greedy, have you not heard his quote of: "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me...Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful...thats what matters to me". Obviously he wants to make money, but hes not as greedy as you guys make out.

I'm not an Apple fan boy, I'm not a fan of Jobs really, but I admire his work and I can see hes make an important impact on technology.

Besides of being the old Apple boss, the giant business. Hes a human being after all.

Warsaw
October 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM
He rang Google's CEO about that, if I recall correctly, not an Apple employee. It was a Google app that had what he considered to be the wrong shade of yellow, and it was: it was not the same yellow that you see on the Google homepage. That said, it still proves the point about his attention to detail.

Also, considering that the vast majority if people don't give to charity, I see no reason to harp on him and Apple for not giving to charity. Companies give to charities for the PR because they need a boost. Apple needs no such boost.

Nero
October 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Was this posted?
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Defending-Lifes-Work-With-nytimes-2910052601.html?x=0

Cortexian
October 8th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Also, considering that the vast majority if people don't give to charity, I see no reason to harp on him and Apple for not giving to charity. Companies give to charities for the PR because they need a boost. Apple needs no such boost.
It's a good thing Gates has only ever donated money from his own pocket to charities.

:)

Bobblehob
October 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
In the wise words of Maddox:
"Everyone hyperventilating, repeat after me: I am not defined by the products I buy. My computer is not a part of my identity. My computer is a tool. And like all tools, it's only useful if I make it useful. A brand is not a lifestyle. I don't owe gratitude to a billionaire I helped create. Steve Jobs was a business man who charged exhorbitantlly for his products. He didn't do us any favors. He didn't make us. We made him."

Warsaw
October 9th, 2011, 12:59 AM
It's a good thing Gates has only ever donated money from his own pocket to charities.

:)

Yup. Microsoft "donates to charity," but they do it as a PR stunt and to get people using their software early on. Gates, however, has his own thing and what he does with it is awesome.

TPBlinD
October 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
steve jobs is great, i only read a couple posts in this thread. I had my fingers on F and J the whoel time. I know how to type bros. FUCK ALL YALL H BEFORE J AHAAHHAHA OLOOLOLOL

Limited
October 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM

:)Oh you mean from his million dollar salary he used to get? Your forgetting Jobs was paid $1 a year since 1997. He made his money in shares. Jobs wasnt even close to being the richest man in the world.

Warsaw
October 9th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Wealthy is wealthy, dude. He could live off of interest, so having a $1 salary is moot. What did he do with his wealth?

I'm not here to bash Jobs or make light of his death, but if you want to pick a single rich guy to celebrate, there are definitely worthier options.

StankBacon
October 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Oh you mean from his million dollar salary he used to get? Your forgetting Jobs was paid $1 a year since 1997. He made his money in shares. Jobs wasnt even close to being the richest man in the world.

"Forbes estimated his net wealth at $8.3 billion in 2010, making him the 42nd wealthiest American."

INSANEdrive
October 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Not that I don't want this obviously well thought through and tenably unbiased discussion to end, but this thread will be locked on (or around) the 12th.

Place your condolences and blasphemes accordingly.:cop:

king_nothing_
October 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Not that I don't want this obviously well thought through and tenably unbiased discussion to end, but this thread will be locked on (or around) the 12th.
Uh, why? I can't help but think that some people like to use the "lock your own thread" feature merely because they get enjoyment out of exercising a power that is generally reserved for mods (or perhaps they just don't like dissenting views being posted). If there was any real reason for this thread to be locked, a moderator would do it.

I actually made a thread on this as well, but yours beat mine by precisely one minute, so mine was merged into yours. If that didn't happen, this thread would be open forever unless a mod locked it at some point, because I don't lock threads.

Bodzilla
October 9th, 2011, 10:41 PM
alright mum

Kornman00
October 10th, 2011, 06:18 AM
In that case we can just start another thread. Someone can lock their thread just as easily as someone can hit the "New Thread" button. There's no real point in locking it on an arbitrary date for an arbitrary reason other than what king pointed out.

Limited
October 10th, 2011, 07:57 AM
"Forbes estimated his net wealth at $8.3 billion in 2010, making him the 42nd wealthiest American."
He was something like 115th wealthiest in the world. I repeat in saying, thats no way near being number 1.

Wealthy is wealthy, dude. He could live off of interest, so having a $1 salary is moot. What did he do with his wealth?

I'm not here to bash Jobs or make light of his death, but if you want to pick a single rich guy to celebrate, there are definitely worthier options.
Heres another problem, why do people think Apple is a one man band? Steve Job's isnt Apple, and Apple isnt Steve jobs. Have a think about all the workers, at all 3 companies from the past 35 years. They made an absolute fortune. How many of the workers gave to charity? I'm guessing quite a lot, all stemming from a few guys in a garage 35 years ago.

So has Jobs given directly to charity? Not that we know of, but has he indirectly given to charity? Definitely.

Giving to charity is a personal thing, people shouldnt judge other people by how much they give.

INSANEdrive
October 10th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I'm touched that your hearts ache so for the passing of Steve Jobs (which I'm pretty sure is the reason this thread was created). That said a week is long enough to post...heh...condolences and thoughts of the recently departed. If you wish to say something more that is so pressing, like business practices...you are more then welcome to do so in a very-easy-to-make new thread. Then you can bitch about the world to your hearts content.

I rarely have the thought to lock things (regardless weather I can or not)...but since this thread as devolved to something else I think it best to cut the head off.:hist101:

So...Say what you need to say and be done with it.

King Nothing should post faster :iamafag:. Bodzilla eat your vegetables and clean your room. Kornman00 is astute.
...and I'm obviously a terrible tyrant with no logic or reason stuck in a den of dechivalry. :cop:

Limited
October 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I'm touched that your hearts ache so for the passing of Steve Jobs (which I'm pretty sure is the reason this thread was created). That said a week is long enough to post...heh...condolences and thoughts of the recently departed. If you wish to say something more that is so pressing, like business practices...you are more then welcome to do so in a very-easy-to-make new thread. Then you can bitch about the world to your hearts content.

I rarely have the thought to lock things (regardless weather I can or not)...but since this thread as devolved to something else I think it best to cut the head off.:hist101:

So...Say what you need to say and be done with it.

King Nothing should post faster :iamafag:. Bodzilla eat your vegetables and clean your room. Kornman00 is astute.
...and I'm obviously a terrible tyrant with no logic or reason stuck in a den of dechivalry. :cop:Go read the whole thread. You've made 4 threads and a total of 2 of them will be locked, so don't bullshit me with "I rarely have the thought to lock" - 50% of the time you lock.

INSANEdrive
October 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Go read the whole thread. You've made 4 threads and a total of 2 of them will be locked, so don't bullshit me with "I rarely have the thought to lock" - 50% of the time you lock.
You are going to argue with me...over...post count? And I'm going to assume that you are assuming that when I made the context of "rarely have the thought to lock things" I meant it was of only here. This is wrong.

Therefor the entirety of your argument "Limited"...is wrong.
Now...Undoubtedly you will have the urge to argue with me on this matter. To do so would stupid.

Word of Advice: Hold your tongue and you may just keep it. Take note, in this interpretive form of communication things can be interpreted incorrectly. Choose wisely.

------
October 10th, 2011 at 02:22 PM Edit (Addressed to many posts after this one.): Such a pity. Had the lot of you addressed your concerns in a more civilized way I might have changed my original intent and kept it open, but you chose...quite foolishly to flame. Even after I warned you. I realize I don't post here much...I mean...I "wonder" why. Had this been Halomods you would had known your flames only burn you, not I...but this laughable realization is too late now. I have applied for the tongue ripper, and am now looking for a jar. A Big one mind you. Either it will be my tongue or the lot of you. I await patiently.

And then when this is all done and done...it won't really matter anyway. At least I got a hearty laugh out it. That is my last word on the matter.
If anything happens you will know it. If it doesn't...so be it...still gets locked. Goodday.
------
Edit 2: It has, as of the moment of this edit, been a full week since the report of Steve Jobs passing. As such this threads original purpose is done and life goes on. (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/haters-gonna-hate) Click.

king_nothing_
October 10th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Go ahead and lock it whenever you want. I'm just going to recreate the thread, if for no other reason than out of principle. You're being a child.

Someone (other than you) can correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of the "lock your own thread" feature is for situations such as:

Help, my PC is broken!
Reply: Do this: <blah blah>
Cool, thanks, it's fixed now. <thread locked>

It's for instances when the thread obviously no longer serves a purpose. There was still conversation taking place in this thread. The feature isn't there for you to play moderator, or to act childishly with when you get butthurt over the viewpoints being expressed within.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
October 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
The point of the "lock your own thread" feature is for situations such as:
Help, my PC is broken!
Reply: Do this: <blah blah>
Cool, thanks, it's fixed now. <thread locked>
Well what do you know...

Guess what was the problem?

The motherboard. :p
It's replaced. Also, the PSU is fixed, and I got 2x2 gigs of RAM (had 2x1 before).

So thanks everyone for the tips. -locked-

neuro
October 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
derp and also this:

...and I'm obviously a terrible tyrant with no logic or reason stuck in a den of dechivalry. :cop:

i was gonig to comment on this earlier, but i felt it needn't be said, as it wouldn't contribute anything.
now though...

insanedrive,
Stop posting.

-ambiguous modacity-population.

you're a fuckwit.

edit:

also this.

Now...Undoubtedly you will have the urge to argue with me on this matter. To do so would stupid.

this is how i argue: shut the fuck up dickface.

i think it should be fair to inform you of this bro:
people from modacity have ninja-visited other modacity-posters houses, planting signs in their yard telling them to stop posting.
just saying, you best know what you're getting into here.

TPBlinD
October 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
"Now...Undoubtedly you will have the urge to argue with me on this matter. To do so would stupid."
ITT: Faggot trying to pull some holier-than-thou routine and failing

Amit
October 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Jobs, Steve! We need them!

TVTyrant
October 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
See guys, this is why we need to bring rep back. So we can just rep bomb all our problems away.

=sw=warlord
October 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Go ahead and lock it whenever you want. I'm just going to recreate the thread, if for no other reason than out of principle. You're being a child.

Out of this entire thread I would think that the OP is the only poster here who actually has any dignity and integrity.
And you're claiming he is childish?
The majority of posts in this thread have been childish jokes about a man passing ranging from the crude all the way to the crass and down right disrespectful to the deceased,

Kornman00
October 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Sony Pictures rumored to be trying to get the rights to make a movie about Jerbs (http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/10/8251667-sony-pictures-to-make-steve-jobs-movie).

Like one of the commenters said, Pixar should make an animated movie about him instead. Fuck Sony.

Futzy
October 10th, 2011, 01:25 PM
macs are cool
apple does it better

Warsaw
October 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
He was something like 115th wealthiest in the world. I repeat in saying, thats no way near being number 1.

Heres another problem, why do people think Apple is a one man band? Steve Job's isnt Apple, and Apple isnt Steve jobs. Have a think about all the workers, at all 3 companies from the past 35 years. They made an absolute fortune. How many of the workers gave to charity? I'm guessing quite a lot, all stemming from a few guys in a garage 35 years ago.

So has Jobs given directly to charity? Not that we know of, but has he indirectly given to charity? Definitely.

Giving to charity is a personal thing, people shouldnt judge other people by how much they give.

Actually, Apple wouldn't exist without Jobs for two reasons:

1. He was one of the founders of the company

2. He pulled the company back from the brink of destruction in the 90s.

All that Apple is, right now, is the result of his designs. Yes, now the company can go it without him, but I very much doubt one would have been able to safely make that claim a decade ago. So yeah, Apple almost is a one-man-company, to the point where his likeness is almost a trademark. Those other people in the company wouldn't be in the positions they are today without his input. As for the manufacturing partners, they also have customers from other companies, so things would likely be much the same today.

And yes, I agree you shouldn't judge a person solely by how much they give. I'm also judging him based on his brutish business practises (see: patent war, because he started it in more ways than one) and pompous attitude (i.e. who is he to tell me what I can and cannot view on devices made by his company?).

I mourn his death because he was great at pushing the industry to look at new things, and we've lost something without him. There will be others in time, but until then, we've lost a great mind. I, however, am not breaking down into tears. I think it would be unjust not to recognize his contributions to the world through his business, but at the same time it's also not fair to go bawling over his death as if we've just lost FDR, Pope John Paul II, or Queen Elizabeth I.

Limited
October 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Unbelievable, he derailed his own thread, by threatening to lock the thread if it got derailed.

Insanedrive, you do not hold the key to threads, you will not dictate to us when and where we can reply to a thread. The thread tools have not been entrusted in you personally, everyone who makes a thread have them with the understanding not to abuse them - you, my incoherent enemy, are abusing them.

Warsaw I agree, Jobs took Apple from a small business to a world-wide dominating company. He was the figure head, the face of Apple. But people need to remember there are other people working the cogs, to allow Jobs to be the man he was and to build the company he did.

I find it a testament, that I found out about his death, on the device he pioneered.

Donut
October 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Well what do you know...

Guess what was the problem?

The motherboard. :p
It's replaced. Also, the PSU is fixed, and I got 2x2 gigs of RAM (had 2x1 before).

So thanks everyone for the tips. -locked-

i just wanna make a side point here, locking technical problem threads like that is kind of a pain in the ass, because if somebody else does a search for an issue similar to yours theyre having later on and finds your thread, they can post and build off of the information thats already been shared. if its locked (and theres really not much of a reason to do so), they have to make a new post and either quote yours or link to it. just a little something iv wanted to make a point of for a while now.

Warsaw
October 10th, 2011, 02:13 PM
@Limited: It's a chicken and the egg scenario, honestly. Were the workers what made Jobs or was it he who made them? I mean, you could say that one doesn't exist without the other and you'd be right, but you also have to consider that the body doesn't have purpose without the brain.

king_nothing_
October 10th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Out of this entire thread I would think that the OP is the only poster here who actually has any dignity and integrity.
And you're claiming he is childish?
The majority of posts in this thread have been childish jokes about a man passing ranging from the crude all the way to the crass and down right disrespectful to the deceased,
Is there a rule against making crass and disrespectful posts directed at people who aren't members of this forum? Not that I'm aware of. Multiple mods posted after such posts were made, and they took no administrative action, so obviously they didn't see a need for any.

The funniest part about this whole thing is that I'm not even one of the people who hate the guy. I'm not particularly fond of the crass remarks either. The difference, though, is that I'm not immature enough to want a thread to be locked merely because I dislike the posts in it.

i just wanna make a side point here, locking technical problem threads like that is kind of a pain in the ass, because if somebody else does a search for an issue similar to yours theyre having later on and finds your thread, they can post and build off of the information thats already been shared. if its locked (and theres really not much of a reason to do so), they have to make a new post and either quote yours or link to it. just a little something iv wanted to make a point of for a while now.
That's a fair point. I was just pointing out what the intended use of the feature is. I tend to agree with you, though.

Kornman00
October 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Fuck Jobs. I hope he di- oh wait. R.I.P. American Jobs :smith:

But seriously, too young. Unless only the good die young?

EX12693
October 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
The good die young because they don't need to get old.

=sw=warlord
October 10th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Is there a rule against making crass and disrespectful posts directed at people who aren't members of this forum? Not that I'm aware of. Multiple mods posted after such posts were made, and they took no administrative action, so obviously they didn't see a need for any.

There is a general guide of posting respectfully, whether or not the person involved in the post is a member or not.
Most civilized people would find abusing the dead distasteful and somewhat rude, I'm reasonably sure that ones dislike of practices is not a just cause for practicing ill manners and bad ethics.
Given recent events, it would be wise to reduce the crass a notch or two seeing as there have been several cases of people mocking public deaths and actually being punished for it.

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/13/internet-troll-jailed-mocking-teenagers)Not liking a mans business is no reason for being rude and childish in the ways several members have been.
On that note, please do not try and compare him to Hitler as one other member did, Steve jobs did not order the execution of millions of people and wage a full scale war on several continents killing millions in the hope of some delusional glory.

Kornman00
October 10th, 2011, 06:50 PM
For those of you just now joining us, it was mentioned earlier that Hitler and Jobs both died at the age of 56.

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/075/873/original/Raisins_Face.jpg

People will respond to a person's death the way they want. Especially on The Internet Of Srs Bsns. Hope-that-helps (http://belieber.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/deal_with_it.gif).

Amit
October 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM
LOL Wtf Korn. Are you trying to make people mad with confusion?