PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP: Marco simoncelli

=sw=warlord
October 24th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted considering there are a few people here who are likely to watch racing.
Yesterday at the Malaysian Moto GP race a young driver who has recently been performing well in various races passed away after colliding with multiple racers.

I would explain the crash in more detail..but the video footage taken during the race would better explain the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMaU9tQrsI
Moto GP official tribute page. (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/fello+motogp+riders+pay+tribute+to+marco+simoncell i)

Limited
October 24th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Seems a bit thoughtless that you included a video of the moment he died, he was in cardiac arrest but he never regained consciousness.

I'm not going to lie and say I knew who he was, I haven't a clue but that doesnt change the fact its still a sad story and he was only 2 years older than me, which really makes you think about your own life.

I feel really bad for the guy that hit him, words cannot describe what he must be feeling.

=sw=warlord
October 24th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Seems a bit thoughtless that you included a video of the moment he died, he was in cardiac arrest but he never regained consciousness.

I'm not going to lie and say I knew who he was, I haven't a clue but that doesnt change the fact its still a sad story and he was only 2 years older than me, which really makes you think about your own life.

I feel really bad for the guy that hit him, words cannot describe what he must be feeling.
Thoughtless?
The video describes far better what happened and compared to the various stuff other people have posted on here in the past [psst Bod] that's a lot more restrained.
He didn't die on impact, the injuries sustained how ever were what killed him.

Limited
October 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM
He fell off his bike into the path of another racer, who ran over him, hit his helmet so far it flew off the guys head.

I can summarise it in one sentence.

Bodzilla
October 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Part of the thrill of motor racing is the dangerous element involved. While no one wish's this on anybody people must understand that this IS a part of racing and they just have to learn to accept it.
the guys that do this know this could happen at any moment, and they understand this. But that does not stop them fulfilling their dreams.

Theres nothing else we or anybody else can do for him, i just hope he managed to live his life without regret.

Patrickssj6
October 26th, 2011, 06:58 AM
You don't watch Gladiators fight and hope no one will die.

Bodzilla
October 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
people love cars for crash's, not for deaths.
people dont like motorbikes for either.

they're so quick, so agile and small that there is ALWAYS something going on, weather it's riding in your opponents slip stream, different angles, how much they lean....
the Moto GP is actually awesome.