PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Legend of Korra

TeeKup
December 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
I loved the first avatar (the movie was an abomination.) so I squee'd when I saw this.

cHMurLLOIaI

Actual Trailer.
DeJ5944ENQE

Supposedly coming mid-2012. This was announced at comic-con so I'm surprised it took me this fucking long to find out.

Bodzilla
December 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM
for a minute i got excited.

dam names.

Hotrod
December 3rd, 2011, 11:45 PM

dam names.
This.

Warsaw
December 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Heh, I like the statue of Aang watching over the coast...

@Bod: You got excited over Avatar? That was one of the most mediocre movies of 2009, in grand James Cameron tradition.

dark navi
December 3rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
That leaked stuff made me light headed. Because all of my blood rushed to my penis.
This will be amazing.

BobtheGreatII
December 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
You know. I really enjoyed Avatar TLAB... But I never actually finished it. This looks interesting though.

TVTyrant
December 3rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
Oh for TLAB. I thought for the other Avatar.

I never got into TLAB. That was mostly because I was at the age where I labeled things as kiddy or dumb in my mind before watching them.

Donut
December 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
i thought the title said "Avatar: The Legend of Korea" and got all excited for some ridiculous parody.

TeeKup
December 3rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
TLAB was a master piece in my book. The music for it was all around amazing.

Warsaw
December 4th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I always thought a more adult-oriented remake of TLAB would be friggin' awesome.

MXC
December 4th, 2011, 01:15 AM
What I've seen of the cartoon is brilliant. If I ever had the time, I'd love to sit down and watch every episode one after another so I can actually understand what the hell is going on.

Cortexian
December 4th, 2011, 03:13 AM

dam names.
Same here.

Can't wait for second James Cameron Avatar movie.

Amit
December 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
You know. I really enjoyed Avatar TLAB... But I never actually finished it. This looks interesting though.

What I've seen of the cartoon is brilliant. If I ever had the time, I'd love to sit down and watch every episode one after another so I can actually understand what the hell is going on.

This. I got goosebumps from watching those two videos. Now I'm going to download all the seasons and watch them over Christmas break.

chrisk123999
July 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
I don't see what the next season is going to be about.

They wrapped up pretty much everything in the final episode.

RedBaron
July 4th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I liked it better when they had one persistent super baddy like in the original TLAB. First season was still amazing though. But I really don't see any way the story can progress now. She already has airbending down, and losing the ability to bend is no longer a threat.

DarkHalo003
July 5th, 2012, 12:31 AM
UNLESS THE ANTAGONIST DIDN'T ACTUALLY DIE. :O

§partan 8
July 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I think he didn't die but his brother did.

DarkHalo003
July 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I think he didn't die but his brother did.
I hope he didn't die. Too many awesome memes based off him.

thehoodedsmack
July 5th, 2012, 10:05 PM
For that matter, there's no reason to think that the Equalist Movement would have fallen apart in the absence of Amon. In fact, having their leader revealed as a bender should do nothing but bolster their claim that benders manipulate and oppress non-benders, increasing the zealousness of their more dedicated followers. We may see the fellow with the Fu Manchu take the reins.

Warsaw
July 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I feel like Legend of Korra is not as well put together as The Last Airbender... =|

1. Legend of Korra makes it sound like she is doing something unprecedented...Aang is far more legendary than she is thus far...the story takes place in one city anyways. It would be like trying to call a story that only takes place on Corruscant to be legendary.

2. Republic City...couldn't come up with a better name? Ba Sing Se was an awesome name. Omashu was an awesome name. Kyoshi...was an awesome name. Republic City? That's almost like saying "MAC Gun." This also translates to the names...Tahno (Star Wars?), Korra (Yay Tron), Amon (Lord of the Rings?)...kind of uninspired names.

3. Resolved too cleanly. I know it was meant to be a one-shot miniseries, but that was because they had a tight budget...which I can't fathom, they should have known there is a huge Avatar fanbase clamoring for more. From now on they are going to be handicapped by the short-comings in the first episodes.

4. I don't like Korra. She's a crappy Avatar. =|

§partan 8
July 8th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I agree I liked Aang better. I also liked that they traveled to different places in The Last Airbender.

DarkHalo003
July 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Republic City is about as creative as Unobtainium....you guys sure James Cameron wasn't involved in this?

EX12693
July 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Unobtanium is a fairly common expression though, describing something that's hard to get. Cameron never actually explained what the rock was.
But yeah, while the show is good, the entirety of it just seems a bit rushed and kinda sloppy story-wise.

DarkHalo003
July 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Unobtanium is a fairly common expression though, describing something that's hard to get. Cameron never actually explained what the rock was.
But yeah, while the show is good, the entirety of it just seems a bit rushed and kinda sloppy story-wise.
The point is that it is by no means creative in any way. Republic City isn't creative in any way either. That's like saying "Plot-Device Pistol."

Zeph
July 8th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I think the short run is what's killing the potential for the show. I wasn't expecting season one to wrap up season one. It makes me wonder what the legend of Korra is going to be. There wasn't a grand battle. There wasn't some grand conflict. There wasn't much of anything other than pro-bending. The idea they were trying to spit out was that the city was in grave danger, but at most city hall and the arena were the only things that were damaged. Really, Korra did more damage to the city in her first day than what the equalists did combined.

I may be overthinking this for a children's show network, but TLA never ran into the same problems.

EX12693
July 9th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Except in the season finale when the equalists blew up the streets... :P

And yeah, so far I have seen no legend that Korra has left.

Warsaw
July 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Legend of Korra was supposed to be a one-shot miniseries. They dragged it out for a full season after seeing enormous viewer responses, and now they are dragging it out for another season. That's why the plot is a mess. I can understand that, they didn't know they'd have to turn their 6 episode run into a 24 episode run. That said, they should have known better than to think their popular franchise wasn't going to garner a huge response when it came back.

What irks me the most is how it isn't as carefully crafted as TLA was. TLA feels like it was prototyped from start to finish. By contrast, it feels like they are winging it for LoK. And it feels like they are doing LoK more for the income than because they have a genuine story they want to tell.