PDA

View Full Version : [APP] GuiltySpark for 1.08: automate your player

Con
December 26th, 2011, 04:15 AM
What is GuiltySpark?
GuiltySpark is a user-programmable automation engine for Halo CE. Users can create scripts that control the player's ingame reactions and behaviours. Scripts can range from simple key macros to bots that play the game without any user interaction. When activated, GuiltySpark controls the game for you by simulating mouse movement and keyboard input. Advanced scripts can take advantage of user-created pathfinding graphs.
original thread (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?21417-WIP-GuiltySpark)

To put it very simply, it's a program that controls Halo CE for you, following behaviours defined in a script.

http://con.modacity.net/guiltyspark/ui.jpg

Here, watch for yourself. I don't touch the computer at all in this video:
SpogBHQXg5k

This bot was originally designed as a multiplayer opponent, but it's a bit more generalized now. For example, you might use GuiltySpark to act in machinima since it can be difficult to drive or walk when in dev cam.

Isn't this cheating? Couldn't you make an aimbot script for this?
Yes, nothing's stopping you. It's your problem if you get banned for using this app. :allears:

How's it work?
GuiltySpark keeps track of information from the game by reading its memory. This information is exposed to the AI system. The AI system is driven by your scripts, and out the other side comes input to control the player. Also magic.

Can I use this to make bots to play against?
Yes and no. This is not a tool for adding bots to a map permanently, nor can you play against GuiltySpark without two computers running Halo. All this does is take the control away from you as a human.

What do I need to run it?
You'll need the .NET framework and Halo CE 1.08. Sorry, 1.09 isn't supported. Don't worry, I've included 1.08 files in the archive.

What else comes in the archive?

1.08 patch
AI scripts
Sample chat files
GSS .lang definition for syntax highlighting (Shell works fine too)
Completed pathfinding graphs for bloodgulch, damnation, and rat race. Incomplete graphs for hang em high and wizard.
Graph creation tutorial
Getting started guide
Scripting tutorial

Download
http://con.modacity.net/halo/guiltyspark/GuiltySpark-1.0.43.zip

Source
GuiltySpark is open source. Remember, I started this thing years ago so it's really gross. :ugh:
Maybe someone can implement 1.09 support? I'm done with this project...
http://t3hz0r.com/ftp/software/guiltyspark/GuiltySpark-1.0.43_src.7z
http://code.google.com/p/guilty-spark/

Enjoy, and happy holidays :)

Patrickssj6
December 26th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Nice :D I was interested in the source since you basically came out of nowhere and magically created a relative complex application.

The code that controls the player movement, did you remove it? When I looked over the code I think I did not see any sings of it.

Con
December 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
You want WalkPath() in Nav/Navigation.cs

Kornman00
December 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Expect the first sync in a couple of weeks http://code.google.com/p/guilty-spark/. You didn't specify the open source license so I just selected MIT. Also, the project files will be for VS2008 (people can upgrade to later versions if they need)

If you want owner status within the project, let me know.

Con
December 26th, 2011, 01:50 PM

Ryx
December 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM
If I recall, this was originally for a project at school. How'd that go?

Con
December 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Only the later addition of BSP extraction and ray casting for target visibility was part of the project. It's one of my favourite parts of this app and I'd like to expand on it some time; specifically, removing the need for hand-made navigation graphs.

Ryx
December 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Also, this comes with a basically undetectable aimbot -_-

could you remove this from the download? I know it has wobble and misses occasionally, but someone could easily exploit it. This has the potential to destroy 1.08ce.

Cortexian
December 26th, 2011, 06:20 PM
No one should be playing 1.08ce.

Also, version is irrelevant because of version changer. Takes 30 seconds to make this work on 1.09ce.

Kornman00
December 26th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Except it's not actually working on 1.09 (which is a big deal, just ask Amit). It's working only on 1.08, which you've just modded to work with 1.09 servers.

Con
December 26th, 2011, 08:42 PM

could you remove this from the download? I know it has wobble and misses occasionally, but someone could easily exploit it. This has the potential to destroy 1.08ce.

Even if I agreed with you, the aimbot is an integral part of this app and I can't just remove it from the download. The whole point was to make something that can play the game by itself.

There are too many obstacles in the way of widespread usage abuse. Your average cheater won't have the patience or smarts to upgrade their cracked installation to 1.08 and find or write an aimbot script for GuiltySpark. I also doubt this app will reach many people in the first place.

There's nothing stopping people from creating even more undetectable aimbots than this one. While this bot is designed to introducer error into the aiming, it still displays telltale aimbot traits such as consistent, calculated tracking and the failure to predict even simple strafing patterns. It's also really obvious when it's aiming at vehicles. However, the biggest flaw is that GuiltySpark's aimbot, like all aimbots, still depends on the user being discrete about it.

--------------

edit: On the subject of no 1.09 support, I'm going to say now that I will not be adding it. The most interest people have shown in GuiltySpark has been for the source code. I posted it here knowing it would best serve those doing their own Halo hacking. It was a great learning experience, and I hope to carry that knowledge on to new projects and help others rather than keep this old guy going.

Pooky
December 26th, 2011, 08:52 PM
This has the potential to destroy 1.08ce.

I'm sorry but this statement is just completely retarded. Any good player can and will dominate an aimbotter. Besides that there are many other aimbots out there that would be much simpler to come by and use.

Kornman00
December 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
edit: On the subject of no 1.09 support, I'm going to say now that I will not be adding it.
That's part of what I'm going to be trying to add in the google code version of your codebase.

Siliconmaster
December 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Awesome, I remember when this was first announced, very cool.

=sw=warlord
December 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Aimbots aren't exactly notoriously hard to make.
removing this won't stop someone determined to make an aimbot.

BobtheGreatII
December 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Is not adding support for 1.09 a like... uhm... how do I want to say it. To keep people who have stolen the game not able to use it? Since didn't 1.09 take away the requirement to have the CD in the tray? Or is there something wrong with 1.09? I never really understood what the debate was about.

Patrickssj6
December 28th, 2011, 07:02 AM
To keep people who have stolen the game not able to use it? Since didn't 1.09 take away the requirement to have the CD in the tray? Or is there something wrong with 1.09? I never really understood what the debate was about.

The CD Check was part of a wrapper around the Halo game (called SecuRom). After 1.07 whatever happened, their license expired or they just forgot to put the wrapper around the exe. You can play the game without the CD in the tray but you still need a valid CD key. There are ways for dedicated server hosters to remove the CD Key check though so basically every pirate could play the game.

Every time someone releases an application all those drama whores (not you Bob) come around. The effort it would take to extract the aimbot from this code requires more knowledge than writing one on your own.

Kornman00
December 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Sawnose removed the CD-tray-check when he was doing the more recent patches because he's a champ.

There's no reason not to add 1.09 support to this other than Con not having the time or care to do it (one of the reasons he released the source, for others to build on his work).

IGMBiti
July 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Someone have the source to this they could upload? I decided to work on this thing a bit tonight but I timeout on the link on the first post and the Google code repository is either empty or having errors.

E: Nvm, looks like it's fixed.