PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Transforms to sue Asus

=sw=warlord
December 31st, 2011, 05:51 AM
Asus is being sued by Hasbro for being total Decepticons, with the toy maker claiming trademark infringement over the Asus Transformer tablet lineup. Asus temporarily got away with using the Transformer name a few months back with the Eee Pad Transformer. But the new Transformer Prime, a tablet/laptop hybrid, has the makers of Optimus Prime filing suit in a California district court.
Article.

(http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/12/hasbro-to-asus-your-transformer-prime-better-transform-its-name.ars)And here's the incriminating advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9-xzqlvc8

Hasbro are so mad.

MXC
December 31st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Could be worse. It could be like the shit Bethesda tried to pull on Notch.

n00b1n8R
December 31st, 2011, 05:54 PM
Didn't Hasbro invent the word "transformer"?

=sw=warlord
December 31st, 2011, 06:05 PM
Are you stupid?

DarkHalo003
December 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM
Cool little device, fucking hated that commercial though....oh wait, was this debate supposed to be about two companies fighting over a word? And I thought Apple was the densest of the crowd.

=sw=warlord
December 31st, 2011, 06:52 PM
Cool little device, fucking hated that commercial though....oh wait, was this debate supposed to be about two companies fighting over a word? And I thought Apple was the densest of the crowd.
Hasbro are complaining over the name "Transformer Prime", apparently for it's ties to Transformers Optimus Prime.
This isn't the first time Asus have ripped something though...
Check the URL...
http://promos.asus.com/US/G73JW/images/index_02.jpg

staticchanger
December 31st, 2011, 08:39 PM
Are those ODST's using ASUSes?

Zeph
December 31st, 2011, 09:31 PM

No, they just invented latin, which transformer was derived from.

DarkHalo003
December 31st, 2011, 09:32 PM
No, they just invented latin, which transformer was derived from.
Heh. :smug:

jcap
December 31st, 2011, 10:02 PM
IMO Hasbro is in the right. I thought Asus would have been smart enough to license the name, being that they are infringing on two trademarks in one name, but apparently not. This is as blatant as you can get. The first time I heard of this tablet, I honestly thought it was somehow related to the Transformers series.

Pooky
December 31st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Surprised they're not suing the people making the Pony fleshlights.

Unless they endorse those?

Cortexian
December 31st, 2011, 10:40 PM
As with the piracy of MLP, they probably just aren't aware that it's such a big deal or exists. There's a huge difference in how companies defend different parts of their intellectual property. The Transformers movies have made WAAAAAAY more money than any My Little Pony stuff, and as such MLP spin-offs are cared about less.

Also, how can you make an accurate pony-fleshlight. I thought fleshlights were molds of real vaginas.

Unless they just molded a ponies vagina, :ohdear:

Phopojijo
December 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM
Also, how can you make an accurate pony-fleshlight. I thought fleshlights were molds of real vaginas.

Unless they just molded a ponies vagina, :ohdear:It's a little pony... ... *my* little pony ;)

Kornman00
January 1st, 2012, 06:46 AM
It's a little pony... ... *my* little pony ;)
'Rather have Major League Pussy

=sw=warlord
January 1st, 2012, 06:50 AM
the ponies just want to be your friend, your bestest buddy, the "closest" friend....
wait why are we even talking about ponies in this thread?

n00b1n8R
January 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM

Unless they just molded a ponies vagina, :ohdear:

You've never been to bad-dragon.com have you? :downs:

BobtheGreatII
January 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
The great downfall of Modacity 2012.

Amit
January 3rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't call it the downfall. More like the revamp of Modacity into a taboo discussion site.

Are those ODST's using ASUSes?

Nope. CQC Spartan helmets, but that's it. The bodies don't look like H3 or Reach armour permutations.

TeeKup
January 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Don't forget politics. If there's anything to stir things up and get a lot of people into a discussion its politics.