PDA

View Full Version : HPC Project: hMA [v1.1]

Ryx
February 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Haters gonna hate.
------------------
[v1.1] Notes

Well, here's my first update for hMA. hMA has gone from being a slightly large collection to now encompassing basically every modding tool that isn't outdated in existance. It also is a complete modding toolkit and tutorial; you don't need to ever leave the pack to get information, almost every noteworthy tutorial has been included. A new modder can start from scratch and build advanced mods with the toolkit and tutorials easily available here. In a way, this makes me wish that'd I'd modded Halo more when it was a big thing to do; now, I go to the modhalo IRC, (modhalo.net, the last dedicated PC modding site, is infected with malware and is dead), and I see 6 people, me one of them, who have wasted the last 3-8 years of their lives modding this nourished, fun, and altogether great game. Maybe wasted was the wrong word - if I had never picked up some Halo mod pack subtly named completmodpack, I never would have been interested in programming, and never done any of this. I would have had a whole different life. But I've met people in this community, now long gone, that have changed me for who I am, and when I see something wrong, because of them I'm not going to sit back and let tyrannical admins just run over people. I'm not going to sell "hacks", I'm not going to ruin this precious, struggling game.

I now know that what I wanted with this was to enable someone else to have the kinds of experiences I had, meet the kind of people I met, do the kinds of things I did. While hpc modding isn't Custom Edition modding, doesn't let you create custom weapon models or make a custom BSP, you can get pretty damn close and still feel awesome. The average layperson can make anything with the tools in this set, and without having to know how to use gmax or make models. It's easy to do, and with a smaller learning curve than Custom Edition that doesn't require hours upon hours of your time. Someone else can do these things, and I hope someone else will.

I have contributed every modding tool I have and recovered countless tutorials through this. I do not have any more to give to this at the moment. However, if you do, and can help someone do this, hit me up on xfire/xbox live/email. My info is in about.txt in there, and if the pack ever goes down, email me and I'll put it back up. Enjoy. (Changelog at bottom)

irc://irc.rizon.net #modhalo

irc://irc.gamesurge.net #modacity

>> Click to download 75 mb of awesome [v1.1] << (http://www.mediafire.com/?87rda6d80i1ba6g)

[v1.0] Notes

A few hours ago, when I was looking at some Halo Trial clans and halo modding sites, I realized that most of this stuff is in people's personal collections or gone. So many websites have gone down, and files missing for years. The goal of this project is to collect all Halo Modding tools - addons, plugins, full on programs - that might be useful to any modder, and possibly their source, and place it in multiple locations so that we do not lose it like so many other tools.

I have started this collection with the majority of majorly used modding tools, and some recommendations and tips, along with some notes from various peoples. However, this is a community effort and is nowhere near complete.This is not a kickstart to get Halo modding back on its feet, rather, an effort to archive a game so that future people can find this and put it to use. The tools in this set are already hard to find, so imagine another year or two? The archive is a self-extracting 7z executable, so no additional software is required.

This collection is not only an archive, however. It is also a fully functional toolset for HPC and Trial modding, and I intend to update it as such. Sometime in the near future expect a lot of tuts from the community, and make sure to check them out. I'm putting that all together as I write this, so you won't have to wait long.

Please email me at i4Ni_TetriS@live.com with anything that you think can be added to the pack, or if you have any issues. Check here (http://tox1kmods.webs.com/) for the latest updates as well; other sites I post this on may not be visited often and will not have up-to-date links.

Download [v1.0] (http://www.mediafire.com/?01914ehq8bjk17u)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes:

[1.1] 2/4/2012

Major Update: added:

Programs: [Uranus, HME, ChunkCloner v0.6, DXTBmp, Halo PC Script Converter, Halo PC Scripter, Halo PC Scripts, AI active camo plugin]

Source [Uranus] Notes: [Bloodgulch Spawns, Pistol Bitmap tut, Campaign Map Names, Halo Trial Map Backups, Gathering Exception Data info, Editing Map Version Header]

and a shitton of tutorials. Like over 50 mb worth uncompressed o_O

[1.0]:

Initial Release; included:

Programs: [BYOM, DHCM, DemoHack 3.0, Esch 0.8.1, Hex Editor, HHT v5, HME v1.2, HMT v3.5, Lethargy Pepsi Edition, Map Protector, Pearl, SCNR Swapper, SparkEdit]

Sources: [HMT v3.1, Esch 0.4.1, Esch 0.4.0, Esch 0.3.0, bb_tp, HME, HMTStrings, HMTxmlFixer, HTA, Illudium, physedit, Rome, SparkEdit]

Notes: [Entity Plugin Reference, Halo Trial Hex Editing, Halo Trial Map Backups, Memnotes]

Amit
February 3rd, 2012, 12:13 AM
So these basically only apply to Halo PC, then? :P

Kornman00
February 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
HaloCE, HEK, OpenSauce

The three programs anyone will ever need (not counting exporters\importers for 3dsmax)

Warsaw
February 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
And HMT. HMT is useful for minor tweaks and all.

Ryx
February 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
And HMT. HMT is useful for minor tweaks and all.
HMT is AIDS.

Also, incoming OP update as soon as I finish updating teh about.txt