PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XLVI (46)

Limited
February 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2f/SuperBowl46.jpg/200px-SuperBowl46.jpg

Superbowl 46!

Patriots vs New York Giants

Woo cant wait, pay back time for Superbowl 42 (which is the last one I saw live, got totally drunk too).

GO PATRIOTS.

Whos watching it?

Warsaw
February 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Me.

Go Giants, just because Massachusetts sucks. Pity that Pittsburgh lost so many people to injuries this year.

TVTyrant
February 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Go Broncos!!!

I mean Patriots!!!

Sanctus
February 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Go Giants!

PopeAK49
February 5th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Julian Edelman cannot cover Victor Cruz. Should be a good game with the Giants winning.

Kornman00
February 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I'll stick to just watching The League. And wait for the commercials to get put on youtube. Everything else about football can jump off a bridge for all I care.

PenGuin1362
February 5th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Puppy bowl, for the win.

t3h m00kz
February 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
bleh

sports

I'm so not a man

STLRamsFan
February 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Dang that was a nice interception by the Giants...

itszutak
February 5th, 2012, 08:08 PM
bleh

sports

I'm so not a manI once asked someone the score of a game and they threatened to beat the shit out of me, no sports for me

Sanctus
February 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Fifteen seconds in the fourth quarter! NY has this!

JackalStomper
February 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
How about them

GIANTS

jcap
February 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA HA
HAHA
HAHAHA
HAHA
AHAH
HAHAHA

SUCK IT PATRIOTS

x2

Limited
February 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Those jammy cunts. I couldnt bare to watch at the end :(

Well it was a good game, exciting but :(

MXC
February 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
That was the greatest winning touchdown ever.

"Hey guys, you mind if I just sit down right here? I'm gonna sit down right here."

*poot*

40 years later

"...And that's how I won the Super Bowl!"

jcap
February 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Actually the game winning touchdown was a major fuckup by the Giants. The Patriots let the Giants score, in what COULD have been the greatest decision in football history. The Giants realized it was a trap too late, so he tried to stop but couldn't, and that's why he looked like he sat down in the end zone.

El Lobo
February 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Thank god, I didnt want to win those multiple bets anyway. Hate money. Hate.

Limited
February 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Actually the game winning touchdown was a major fuckup by the Giants. The Patriots let the Giants score, in what COULD have been the greatest decision in football history. The Giants realized it was a trap too late, so he tried to stop but couldn't, and that's why he looked like he sat down in the end zone.
Why did he turn around though? He could have simple flopped onto the ground. Tbh the winner was that 50yard throw from near endzone to middle of field (The one Belichick challenged).

2 fumbles and Giants had the luck to retain them.

E: Well fuck it, time to support a real sport! Cmon England! Six nations time (In your FACE Scotland)

DarkHalo003
February 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
He was celebrating. He saw no one was after him, so he decided to just sit into the End Zone.

Sanctus
February 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm relatively new to keeping up with all this, so how was that touchdown a trap?

MXC
February 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yTAtb.jpg

Limited
February 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm relatively new to keeping up with all this, so how was that touchdown a trap?
Is was all about getting the clock to stop. If they wanted to get a field goal they would have just stopped short of the goal and the clock would have kept going. Giving Brady probably 20 seconds to get down the field and attempt a FG.

jcap
February 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM
The reason the touchdown was a trap is because the Giants could have had an even easier win. Here's why: The Giants were like 2nd and Goal (or something) with 1 minute left on the clock. 1 minute is a REALLY LONG TIME FOR PLAYS! With the Giants being behind by only 2 points, all they needed was a field goal to win. The Giants were going to score no matter what. The Patriots were going to fall behind, so they wanted as much time as possible to score and take the lead. So, they made the call to LET THE GIANTS SCORE! They opened up and let the ball run right down the center. At the very last second, he realized that it was a trap and attempted to stop, but couldn't. The two Patriots guys were also following him right down the center to try and push him in! If the Giants stopped with inches to the goal, they would have been able to run down the clock in their favor...the Patriots wouldn't even have a chance at scoring again since there'd be practically no time on the clock.

DarkHalo003
February 5th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I don't think he had any intention of stopping. I think he just wanted to sit into the endzone for the victory touchdown of the Superbowl when NO ONE was trying to stop him.

JackalStomper
February 5th, 2012, 11:12 PM
NO ONE was trying to stop him.
Case and point.

jcap
February 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM
“I was taking a handoff and Eli was saying, ‘Don’t score, don’t score,’ ” Bradshaw said. “I tried to declare myself down and touch down with my hand. They didn’t call it and my momentum took me into the end zone.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ro-rogers_ahmad_bradshaw_touchdown_super_bowl_020512

DarkHalo003
February 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Not exactly sure if I'd buy it or not. It's the right thing to say because it makes the team and himself look better. In reality, he may have just done it for shits and giggles and found out later what they wanted to happen.

neuro
February 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM
GO EUROPE!

El Lobo
February 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I don't think he had any intention of stopping. I think he just wanted to sit into the endzone for the victory touchdown of the Superbowl when NO ONE was trying to stop him.

Nope.

STLRamsFan
February 6th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I was saying it was a trap as soon as I saw the replays. Because it seemed odd to me that he would do that intentionally (why risk a celebration penalty in the Super Bowl, as we all know the NFL frowns upon anything fun in the end zone...) until I saw how wide open the lanes were.

DarkHalo003
February 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I was saying it was a trap as soon as I saw the replays. Because it seemed odd to me that he would do that intentionally (why risk a celebration penalty in the Super Bowl, as we all know the NFL frowns upon anything fun in the end zone...) until I saw how wide open the lanes were.
See, the problem is that the NFL doesn't care enough about excessive celebration. It happens all of the time and I haven't seen penalities happen once from the games I've watched this season (Giants, Falcons, Steelers, Baltimore, etc.). Regardless, I see what you're saying and it makes sense that the Patriots would let the touchdown occur. Brady was injured in the shoulder, though, cutting off the Patriots' performance quite a bit and to someone running in for the what would be the winning touchdown of the Super Bowl, well, the probability of losing seems a lot less. The Giants' defense was on a role and the Patriots' offense was plundering. I simply think Bradshaw did it for shits and giggles (it didn't look like his momentum had taken him backwards), not to mention if he wanted to stop he'd have knee'd down.

PopeAK49
February 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
If you give Tom Brady 1min left, you can expect magic to happen. Apparently, his recievers hands disagreed. But I am happy that the Giants won since I'm a Jets fan and hate the patriots. One of the best superbowls I have watched.

Brady was injured in the shoulder, though, cutting off the Patriots' performance quite a bit and to someone running in for the what would be the winning touchdown of the Super Bowl, well, the probability of losing seems a lot less.

I agree that even having your left shoulder injured can have an impact, but it wasn't as significant of an injury. If it was his right shoulder, it would be quite significant.

TVTyrant
February 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
See, the problem is that the NFL doesn't care enough about excessive celebration. It happens all of the time and I haven't seen penalities happen once from the games I've watched this season (Giants, Falcons, Steelers, Baltimore, etc.). Regardless, I see what you're saying and it makes sense that the Patriots would let the touchdown occur. Brady was injured in the shoulder, though, cutting off the Patriots' performance quite a bit and to someone running in for the what would be the winning touchdown of the Super Bowl, well, the probability of losing seems a lot less. The Giants' defense was on a role and the Patriots' offense was plundering. I simply think Bradshaw did it for shits and giggles (it didn't look like his momentum had taken him backwards), not to mention if he wanted to stop he'd have knee'd down.
This year they added a bunch of new rules about it etc.

Oh well. Despite my wanting the Pats to win, the Giants are probably my favorite NFC team. Kudos to Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin. They served it up when the times got tough.

Warsaw
February 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
If you give Tom Brady 1min left, you can expect magic to happen. Apparently, his recievers hands disagreed. But I am happy that the Giants won since I'm a Jets fan and hate the patriots. One of the best superbowls I have watched.

I agree that even having your left shoulder injured can have an impact, but it wasn't as significant of an injury. If it was his right shoulder, it would be quite significant.

Left hand is used to help your balance while throwing. An injured left shoulder can make it painful to move the left arm around, causing it to not be where it needs to be, throw off your balance, and mess up your throws.

PopeAK49
February 6th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Left hand is used to help your balance while throwing. An injured left shoulder can make it painful to move the left arm around, causing it to not be where it needs to be, throw off your balance, and mess up your throws.

Yes, but it depends on the extent of the injury. From what I saw, Brady was still playing naturally with what seems like minimal pain to the left shoulder. Although, you are right about saying the non throwing shoulder plays a huge part in accuracy.

Warsaw
February 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I agree, Brady was in good shape. I just thought it good to point out that the left side is important. I mean, look at Pittsburgh No. 7. His foot was injured, and while that has nothing to do with his throwing arm, either, it still affected his game.

TVTyrant
February 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
It didn't seem to be bugging him too much. The Patriots lack of a true #1 receiver did though. Wlker and Gronk are supposed be excellent role players. If they still had Randy Moss that game would have been completely different. They have no speed outside of the hashes. They have guys who can make plays inside the numbers, and that's it. This year they will have to do something to remedy that, and to improve their defense, which is one of the worst in the league.

TVTyrant
February 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I agree, Brady was in good shape. I just thought it good to point out that the left side is important. I mean, look at Pittsburgh No. 7. His foot was injured, and while that has nothing to do with his throwing arm, either, it still affected his game.
Big Ben had a high ankle sprain. It wasn't a little stinger like Brady had. Roethlisberger shouldn't have even been playing tbh. But he's one tough bastard (and he likes to rape people too!).

Warsaw
February 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I know that. It's just an example of "just because it wasn't the throwing arm doesn't mean it's nothing."

TVTyrant
February 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I know that. It's just an example of "just because it wasn't the throwing arm doesn't mean it's nothing."
Didn't mean to sound like a dick. I'm just so broken hearted ;_;

PopeAK49
February 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Didn't mean to sound like a dick. I'm just so broken hearted ;_;

Aren't you a Chargers fan?

:mech2:

TVTyrant
February 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Aren't you a Chargers fan?

Broncos dawg, Broncos.

STLRamsFan
February 7th, 2012, 01:33 AM
It didn't seem to be bugging him too much. The Patriots lack of a true #1 receiver did though. Wlker and Gronk are supposed be excellent role players. If they still had Randy Moss that game would have been completely different. They have no speed outside of the hashes. They have guys who can make plays inside the numbers, and that's it. This year they will have to do something to remedy that, and to improve their defense, which is one of the worst in the league.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them attempting to add that #1 receiver in the offseason. Branch has the speed but he's more of a slot guy. Not so sure they'll find that "guy" in the off season this year but you never know. As for the defense, I'm predicting they'll come around next season. Just have that gut feeling. Then again you still have to factor in the dreaded Super Bowl hangover which could affect them a bit at first (always does to losing teams I've noticed over the years) but next season is just so far away...

TVTyrant
February 7th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see them attempting to add that #1 receiver in the offseason. Branch has the speed but he's more of a slot guy. Not so sure they'll find that "guy" in the off season this year but you never know. As for the defense, I'm predicting they'll come around next season. Just have that gut feeling. Then again you still have to factor in the dreaded Super Bowl hangover which could affect them a bit at first (always does to losing teams I've noticed over the years) but next season is just so far away...
Only 7 more months :iamafag:

t3h m00kz
February 7th, 2012, 02:08 AM
isn't the super bowl like, the name of the large popcorn at movie theaters???

PopeAK49
February 7th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Broncos dawg, Broncos.

Bah! My bad. I was confused about the post in 09 with the Jets vs Chargers stuff going on and you predicting LT would run all over the Jets. Not trying to start an argument, I'm just letting you know why I thought you were a chargers fan.

TVTyrant
February 7th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Bah! My bad. I was confused about the post in 09 with the Jets vs Chargers stuff going on and you predicting LT would run all over the Jets. Not trying to start an argument, I'm just letting you know why I thought you were a chargers fan.
LT has always been one of my favorite players. When you see a guy run all over your defense for that many years, you learn to respect the guy.

Oh God was I wrong with that prediction though lol. Fucking Jets. I hate them so much!

=sw=warlord
February 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
So I heard England won against Scottland in a rugby match a few days ago.
Rugby.
A real mans sport, no messing about with sissy armor.

Limited
February 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
To be honest Bradys throwing wasnt questionable, sure he had a tweaked left arm a bit which may have hindered him slightly. But we are talking about one of the best QB in history.

The problem was the catchers couldnt handle the pressure.

So I heard England won against Scottland in a rugby match a few days ago.Rugby is the only sport Scotland is somewhat decent at - but yes we are the raining champs :D (See below)

TVTyrant
February 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Rugby.
A real mans sport, no messing about with sissy armor.
Youtube Dick Butkus and Night Train Lane and get back to me on this...

Limited
February 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Welcome to rugby...remember, no padding.
H8v-qZFVYnc

PopeAK49
February 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Last time I checked, this is a football thread. Rugby and American Football are different sports. Each are unique in their own ways. Rodger Goodell is screwing up football anyways. If he watched one game of Rugby, he would kill himself with all the hard hitting. I enjoy watching both sports, but their is no need to bring up a childish sport vs sport debate.

Jerome Bettis, Ray Lewis, and many more.

TVTyrant
February 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Welcome to rugby...remember, no padding.
Yes I have watched many rugby hit tapes. The size of the men who play it is pathetic. Oh look, a bunch of 180 pound people who think they are tough. When you weigh 250 and bench over 500 pounds, come talk to our sport.

Also what's the point of bringing that up anyways? They are completely different sports. The level of complexity in football is incredible. Rugby is completely different.

Bodzilla
February 7th, 2012, 11:31 PM
rugby's in gernal tougher and more intense, but if you want incredible hit's it's gotta be rugby league.

considering half those tackles in that video are illegal in rugby such as the shoulder charges and the neck grabbing.

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 12:15 AM
rugby's in gernal tougher and more intense, but if you want incredible hit's it's gotta be rugby league.

considering half those tackles in that video are illegal in rugby such as the shoulder charges and the neck grabbing.
Well I can agree to that but many people who are from Not America don't get how complicated American Football really is.

Also I will say that the level of athleticism isn't even close. You guys don't have enough slave stock niggers black people inner city kids who happen to have dark skin.

PopeAK49
February 8th, 2012, 01:07 AM
If you want to know one of the most (if not, THE MOST) intense hard hitting team in NFL history it would recommend you to the 85 Bears. Due to the commissioner pussy-fying the game of football. We will never see such a team ever again.

STLRamsFan
February 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Knowing a few people who've played BOTH football and rugby, they all have said that football is harder. They do acknowledge the padless nature of rugby but they all have said that the hits were definitely not as hard hitting as football. Not only that, the mental aspect of football is another thing that makes it even more difficult (knowing your routes, the plays, scanning the defense, knowing when the ball has been snapped, and so on). Not taking anything away from rugby because it is a very intense sport, but unless you've played it, you can't really say for sure. 300 pounder tackling you or 180 pounder tackling you? Ummm I think I'll take the 180 pounder since at least I'll most likely live another day. :)

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Especially since many of the linemen who play football are surprisingly athletic.

Warsaw
February 8th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Rugby = SMART cars colliding

Football = Mack trucks colliding

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Rugby = SMART cars colliding

Football = Mack trucks colliding
This. Physically the hits in football are much harder. But imo rugby (which I have played at a VERY low level) is physically exhausting. I am fat. I admit it. Running over a significant duration of time is ridiculously hard. Especially when you are hitting each other. That edge I'd give to Rugby.

Limited
February 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Especially since many of the linemen who play football are surprisingly athletic.
Care to explain why some NFL players require oxygen after a play?

DarkHalcyon, you should watch some English Premier League games ,we have the best league in the world, fast paced, unpredictable results that make up a great game. I've seen games go back and forth up to 4 - 5 (Pompey game fyi) that were outstanding.

I like American football because it involves a lot of careful strategy, its like playing a physical game of chess. You try to outwit the opponent during the plays. A game like rugby or European football is a lot more dynamic and involves quick decision making along with research of opposing teams actions.

American Football the hits are harder, its a mental thing of "I have pads so I'm going in full throttle", yet there are a lot more rests to recover, time outs/substitutions etc. You will also need to remember rugby players are lighter, but its pure lean muscle.

STLRamsFan
February 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM

That I can explain. First off, sprinting as fast as you can over and over again can be very draining (done short distance workouts and they will drain you a lot faster than some of the longer distances since you were running at a slower speed for longer distances of course). Try it. Do maybe 100 meter sprints on a track over and over again and tell me that you won't get physically drained after awhile. Plus, during the time they are sprinting, they are actually running all out as though they are trying to avoid being killed by a bear (well in this case an opponent...). Another thing to think about, some players are also pushing and shoving for some of the time and that can also take it out of you. Finally (although this is typically in Denver), altitude. Living in altitude now, I can already tell you, it is freaking hard to run up here without training high up. Although players in Denver can stand it, other players will have a hard time adjusting to it and thus will definitely require oxygen because of the thinner air.

Those are some of the reasons they do. Could also be to gain an edge and keep themselves fresh and ready to go for the next play. Never played football so I couldn't really say for sure, but that's what I think.

PopeAK49
February 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
So I heard that this was a football thread.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Soccer_goalkeeper.jpg

Moving on.

I'm not a big fan of American Football, I'll be honest. If I want to see large men throw themselves against each other, I'll either watch wrestling or gay porn. I like [strike]Soccer[/srike] real Football, but in most cases, nobody scores for an hour, so it gets boring pretty quickly. Those players have to be physically fit to run around a grass field for an hour or so. American Football players simply have to be big enough to knock down the guy in front of them.

I'll quit complaining now. I probably got a warning for that image already.

Wow. Why even bother.

Warsaw
February 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Soccer/Futball is a tactical game.

Football is a strategic game.

Of course, there are elements of both in either game, but that's just how the balance works out for each. I enjoy watching a good game of anything unless it's Basketball, Tennis, Golf, or any derivative thereof.

That said, I don't usually watch TV, let alone sports, so...

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM

DarkHalcyon, you should watch some English Premier League games ,we have the best league in the world, fast paced, unpredictable results that make up a great game. I've seen games go back and forth up to 4 - 5 (Pompey game fyi) that were outstanding.

I like American football because it involves a lot of careful strategy, its like playing a physical game of chess. You try to outwit the opponent during the plays. A game like rugby or European football is a lot more dynamic and involves quick decision making along with research of opposing teams actions.

American Football the hits are harder, its a mental thing of "I have pads so I'm going in full throttle", yet there are a lot more rests to recover, time outs/substitutions etc. You will also need to remember rugby players are lighter, but its pure lean muscle.

Athleticism =/= Physical fitness

=sw=warlord
February 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
you have to have physical fitness to be athletic but you don't need to be an athlete to be physically fit.

Limited
February 8th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Athleticism =/= Physical fitnessSomeone mentioned that rugby players are lighter than football players. Just pointing out why.

Also rams, european football is also extremely draining, last year Barcelona played over 50 games in a season. They are more methodical in the attack by passing along but their players are blisteringly quick and have some of the most physically fit players in the world.

On one attack Ronaldo ran quicker than Usian Bolt in a counter attack, thats 100yards, fastest full counter attack was 8 seconds, thats just under 200 yards in 8 seconds leading to a goal. Now show me some American Footballers that can do that, during a 90 minute game.

PopeAK49
February 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM
you have to have physical fitness to be athletic but you don't need to be physically fit to be an athlete.

ftfy

Although the physical fitness of an athlete represents what they do. You don't see Vince Wilfork running in a marathon, but you do see him using explosive power to shread blockers and attack the quarterback or running back.

Warsaw
February 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
@Limited: Nature of the game, bro. Name a soccer futball player that can drag four big, heavy men along with him as he makes his way to the goal.

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
you have to have physical fitness to be athletic but you don't need to be an athlete to be physically fit.
Nope. Its a different type of fitness. Most continuous motion sports require you to have very strong cardiovascular endurance, the kind that only comes from running and biking. American football asks you to have muscular endurance, especially as a linemen (which has become the focus of this topic for some reason). They aren't asking you to run for 40 minutes straight. They are asking you to punch people in the throat and get the shit kicked out of you for 40 minutes.

A position like safety or cornerback is about as close as you can get to continuous motion. Those guys aren't nearly as huge as linemen. A corner is about 5'11" on average and most weigh about 185-200 lbs. Some (like Brandon Browner for Seattle) are 6'2" to 6'5" but most are significantly smaller than that. Linebackers are the best athletes in the game though, and most of them are 6'3" and 235-265 pounds depending on what style of linebacker they are. Most of these guys are about as straight line fast as the corners and about as string as the linemen.

Football is a weird sport compared to Euro games though. There are all kinds of body types and people of different sizes on the field. Thats what actually makes it my favorite sport. There are so many kinds of people who play that it makes the game accessible to anyone who wants to go outside.

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ronaldo
Ronaldo is Ronaldo though. He's the best in the game. Darrell Green once won a competition against athletes from all over the world where they measured speed in every sport. Speed IN a game IMO has more to do with your own competitive drive than it does with being the best physical athlete. Some guys have that 'it' factor and some don't. Ronaldo definitely does, and it drives him to do great things.

BTW, where are you on his camp? I have heard some say (Arab guys mostly) that he is the greatest all time of he can play the way he does for a couple more years. What's your opinion on it?

=sw=warlord
February 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Tyrant, physical fitness is still physical fitness whether it's muscular endurance or if it's cardiac endurance.

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Tyrant, physical fitness is still physical fitness whether it's muscular endurance or if it's cardiac endurance.
Yes well, you win this time.

=sw=warlord
February 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Ding ding ding!
Warlord 3
Tyrant 0

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Ding ding ding!
Warlord 3
Tyrant 0
You've been keeping score?

=sw=warlord
February 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
You've been keeping score?
only this evening.

TVTyrant
February 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
only this evening.
I'm currently counting 0-1-1

We didn't really have one in the Falklands thread thats been mostly pandering.

Yes your logic above was infallible lol.

What was the third one?

PopeAK49
February 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM

What a good man. Only few these days will accept defeat.

Limited
February 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Looks like Bradys throw wasnt the only pin point accurate thing in the stadium! /bad pats joke

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/09/article-2098592-11A5564F000005DC-788_634x461.jpg

Bodzilla
February 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
that real?

jcap
February 10th, 2012, 01:04 AM
That is creepy as fuck.

I never had a clue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098592/Photos-snipers-nest-Super-Bowl-police-watched-big-game-high-powered-rifles.html

The company said the photos were taken before the stadium was open and that the rifle was not loaded at the time. The rifle was not in shooting position during the game, the company added.

Spotters used binoculars and not their rifle scopes to watch the crowd.

TVTyrant
February 10th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Terrorist attack at the Super Bowl would be a crippling symbol for those who hate the West. That or the European soccer finals would be massive symbols for them. I don't doubt there is something similar at every huge sporting event.