PDA

View Full Version : C# Project: Xfire AFK Typer

tylerp14
February 14th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I'm going to be making an Xfire AFK Typer. I have a general idea for the design, but not for the coding. Can somebody help me with the coding? I will be releasing it here, when it's done. First question: Do I need to have a memeroy editor? And how do I do a few things, like the status's and stuff. If you can help me, add me on xfire: tylerp14 or you can just post here in a comment. I really wanna do this project, as it would be good for me to learn stuff that I don't yet know how to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Tyler

Limited
February 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sounds to me like someone else will be making it, you'll change a few UI colours and slap your name on the top in big bright lights.

This is not how you learn, by the way.

tylerp14
February 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM
No, I want help making one.

Limited
February 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
No, I want help making one.
Okay thats fine, just wanted all the cards on the table, so we know you will do most of the coding and have a little help/guidance on the way.

You will need to do some memory accessing API calls, as you will need to read and write to the memory.

I suggest you first start searching the xfire.exe runtime memory using your favourite memory editor - personally I use Cheat Engine, it gets the job done. Next you'll want to decipher at what address does it store what status you currently are. So check for things like Online, Offline, Away, Busy - I'm not too sure what the statuses are in xfire, havent used it for many years.

That will give you the base on whether your app needs to do anything - if your set to online you won't want it typing like crazy, right?

May I suggest a feature of the program? A way to add peoples usernames and specify a string to send back to just that person. So for example I could set one for you: "tylerp14" with the message "Hey Tyler! How is the application going?".

If you can add that I feel it would help add an element of personality to the usability of the app :)

Ryx
February 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
^That's about all anyone is going to give you. Patrick has some C# memory editing stuff floating around the Programming Section, try that. Yes, you will need a memory scanner to find when xfire creates a new dialog, and to find the element to enter chat into. Look around the internet. Google. Before you try something like this, you should already have a grasp of how to use google.

Kornman00
February 14th, 2012, 08:34 PM
XFire blows. With that said, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfire#Open_source_protocol_libraries

tylerp14
February 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Lol. thanks guys, and yes to Limited, I'll try my best to add that. And Kornman, I'll make one for Steam as well if I can. (if you have steam :P)

Donut
February 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM
the amount of stuff i learned from limited's post on memory addresses is staggering.

tylerp14
February 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Ok, My friend who is really good with memory cant find the (AFK) Away From Keyboard address that I need for the project, can somebody find it for me and post the address here?

Ryx
February 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Dude how else are you going to learn. You won't always be able to rely on someone else to find addresses for you. Just watch some youtube vids about how to find addresses, and go from there. :ohdear:

Change your status to online, check for change, change it to offline, check for change, rinse, repeat until you get ~20 addresses, then continue or check them. Then find what writes to them, and viola.

Also, check out xfirelib (http://xfirelib.sphene.net/wiki/show/Start.html)

Limited
February 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
the amount of stuff i learned from limited's post on memory addresses is staggering.
/sarcasm?

I may in the near future record a tutorial on basics for memory editing and what not. Seeing as its becoming a popular thing nowadays.

tylerp, think for yourself :) Don't rely on 3rd parties to get work done, because it will never get done. Trust me.